Why America is different from other cultures

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
amigo
Freshman Poster

Why America is different from other cultures

Post by amigo »

one of the reasons why we have inequality between men and women in the USA is because of the way our nation was founded.

we come from a colonial country that was settled in the 1600's to 1800's. this is unlike many others such as Europe, Asian, and africa, etc.

although south America was colonized, most of the modern population is the indigenous peoples. for example, Peruvians are Peruvian, while americans tend to be European migrants.

the US is unique in that in order for it to be settled out to California, you needed to have the following:

- be a risk taker
- have enough money or provisions to support yourself
- be willing to risk your life
- be willing to go alone without the support of your homeland or relatives

this was only a few generations ago. in fact, there are still people today who were born during the end of the frontier period.

I think that our attitudes between men and women were shaped by our frontiersman mentality. meaning that men are expected to be high risk takers while women sit comfortably and reaped the rewards. the 1800's saw American men settle the entire nation with immense responsibility that no woman would take on her own.

I feel that the attitudes that women have today are largely shaped by this. they expect the men to build everything and they want to come in later to a completely built castle for them to take over. but they do not realize how much work went into building our country, they were born into a country that is already built, so they do not appreciate it like their grandparents did.
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

i never thought about that before but it is very true....now we must be the frontiersman and go back to europe and other places where we came from to make a new home and better lives for ourselves
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Hello,

This is utter rubbish! U.S.A. was totally patriarchal till 1972 ~ then the stupid American men {(because America is capitalistic)} decided to give women 'equal rights' so they can make money from them. This caused feminism and gradually caused the American men to become demented and start worshipping women and trying to make them totally into men {(he was already quite greedy and racist and arrogant but still a man ~ however, his feminism is the worst thing possible and must be wiped off the planet!!!!)}.

AS I HAD FORESEEN WHILE GROWING UP IN U.S.A. THE LAST 25 YEARS {(I came to U.S.A. from Spain and am 34 now)}, THE AMERICAN MAN IS A FOOL AND HAS KILLED HIS OWN MALE GENDER. UNFORTUNATELY, CHINA, RUSSIA AND INDIA WERE TOO STUPID TO AVOID HIS MISTAKE!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OP,
That's a very small factor. But women in 1800's America were much more wholesome and had values. They were real ladies and dressed like it too. They were glad to take a man's hand when exiting a horse carriage or train.

Today the reason why American women suck so bad is because of trash culture, liberalism, feminism, and the degradation of morals in America. They are also taught bad false beliefs such as "You don't need men".

Watch the TV shows and movies of the 1960's. You will see that women looked a lot more wholesome, natural and normal back then. Your theory doesn't explain that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Wrong, of course. America was a very dynamnic country that had both good and bad innovations. The worst innovation was the Christian Second Great Awakening which gave every Christian a direct line to God, so they no longer had to read the Bible, read history, or even look at their real world in order to arrive at conclusions. amigo's post is a great example of this attitude. I explained the details here:

http://www.scripturist.org/The-Rise-and ... 01012.html

A good place to get a realistic view of America in the 1800s is Alexis de Tocqueville's "Democracy in America". For example:

https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocque ... ok3.9.html
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocque ... k3.10.html
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocque ... k3.11.html
https://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/t/tocque ... k3.12.html

Women did not sit comfortably and reap the rewards, they had their role to play and they did it well.