Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

In America, everyone is expected, even required, to be fat!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: In America, everyone is expected, even required, to be fat!

Post by OutWest » June 4th, 2018, 4:20 pm

publicduende wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 12:13 pm
statnerd wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 11:17 am
Why do so-called "ethnic restaurants" in the U.S. pour grease on the food?

I got some "Indian" take out food a couple of weeks ago and the server poured two scoops of grease on my plate. I told her to stop and her response was "most of our customers like a lot of gravy." She then proceeded to pour another scoop of grease ("gravy") on my plate and I said "stop!" Finally, she gave up and handed the food to me.
It's this whole "quantity over quality" obsession that f***s up Americans (and Filipinos as well, who have taken a lot of the less desirable cultural traits from their former rulers). Yes, I have heard of the growing organic food movement and grocery store and restaurants who sell high-quality ingredients and cooked food. But faced with $8 price tag for two sliced of toasted rye bread with a filling of mashed avocado, I don't know how many non-metropolitan-high-earners would be able to afford that every day.

Like in the UK, in the States eating habit are very much a function of one's socio-economic status. And the growing inequality (in both countries!) means there will be less and less of the avocado mash eaters and more of the value burger ones.
Or then again, people could eat at home like most of the world does. Both in the USA and abroad, there are a wide variety of pretty healthy ingredients available for economical prices.

statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd » June 4th, 2018, 4:48 pm

OutWest wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 4:20 pm
publicduende wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 12:13 pm
statnerd wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 11:17 am
Why do so-called "ethnic restaurants" in the U.S. pour grease on the food?

I got some "Indian" take out food a couple of weeks ago and the server poured two scoops of grease on my plate. I told her to stop and her response was "most of our customers like a lot of gravy." She then proceeded to pour another scoop of grease ("gravy") on my plate and I said "stop!" Finally, she gave up and handed the food to me.
It's this whole "quantity over quality" obsession that f***s up Americans (and Filipinos as well, who have taken a lot of the less desirable cultural traits from their former rulers). Yes, I have heard of the growing organic food movement and grocery store and restaurants who sell high-quality ingredients and cooked food. But faced with $8 price tag for two sliced of toasted rye bread with a filling of mashed avocado, I don't know how many non-metropolitan-high-earners would be able to afford that every day.

Like in the UK, in the States eating habit are very much a function of one's socio-economic status. And the growing inequality (in both countries!) means there will be less and less of the avocado mash eaters and more of the value burger ones.
Or then again, people could eat at home like most of the world does. Both in the USA and abroad, there are a wide variety of pretty healthy ingredients available for economical prices.
True. I buy chicken thighs, breasts, barley, oats, and frozen vegetables from the grocery store and eat that all the time. It is far less expensive than eating out, and it is also far healthier. Many Americans are fat slobs with horrible diets, and they just don't care. I had a fat boss who readily admitted he was grossly obese because he loved eating fried foods. He didn't want to give that up.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende » June 5th, 2018, 2:42 am

statnerd wrote:
June 4th, 2018, 4:48 pm
I had a fat boss who readily admitted he was grossly obese because he loved eating fried foods. He didn't want to give that up.
Those are the same men who, when the urge is too high or they have saved enough, go on a dating site or contact an "international dating organisation" and expect to find a 20-something slender, gorgeous babe ready to bed them as they get off the plane and be their wives/sex slaves/housewives thereafter.

Julia45
Freshman Poster

Post by Julia45 » December 3rd, 2018, 1:03 pm

Btw an interesting discussion, I have never thought about that fact before

tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom » December 7th, 2018, 7:01 pm

It's a narrative of fat acceptance and or being fat is desirable. Clearly there is something very wrong with the dogma of fat acceptance. The narrative that morbid obesity or fat as desirable is a clear on purpose lie and immoral. Feminist meet challenges about obesity producing eating patterns with savage behavior. They promote giving up on a widespread degenerative illness to feed reflexive sympathy to fat suffers. Sympathy or undifferentiated empathy is not noble, its reflexive like anger. There is no careful thinking involve in impulsive empathy, its an instinct. Excess empathy is devouring, its bad.

American women are known for being excessively medicated on all sorts of psychotropic drugs, this is not normal. The situation has gotten so bad in America guys are traveling to the ends of the Earth to find healthy emotionally stable women of normal weight, it is one of the reasons this forum exist.

Why is everyone fat and stupid? Is this normal? There are peaple having weight loss success with an all meat diet, this result is heresy to the common green or vegan narrative.

In the past hunger was the normal human condition. The excess of food is a modern post industrial revolution phenomenon. The obesity epidemic has to do with eating lifestyle and carbohydrate intolerance. The girth of this overweight problem is shown by 200 billion spent on diabetes management. Anti progressives push fat acceptance and don't want progress made in actually solving this problem.