Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Did HA go offline?

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Shemp
Junior Poster

Re: Did HA go offline?

Post by Shemp » May 31st, 2019, 5:18 pm

Who is the sysadmin for this site? If it isn't fschmidt, maybe get him to recommend somebody.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » May 31st, 2019, 10:31 pm

Last edited by Ghost on July 10th, 2019, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

Shemp
Junior Poster

Post by Shemp » June 1st, 2019, 7:26 am

Ghost wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 10:31 pm
Since the forum has been going down a lot recently and Winston is MIA most of the time, this might be a good time to discuss a backup plan - a place for HA members to go elsewhere on the internet or keep in contact if or when the forum goes down permanently. Anyone have ideas?
I currently split my time between here and SwoopTheWorld forum. if you like the vibe there, create an account now before someone else grabs your name.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » June 3rd, 2019, 1:38 pm

Since HA went offline for so long, you would think someone would be trying to make things right by, for example, deleting the spammers on the 100 lasts posts page.

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost » June 3rd, 2019, 7:51 pm

Last edited by Ghost on July 10th, 2019, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » June 8th, 2019, 12:54 pm

Shemp wrote:
May 31st, 2019, 5:18 pm
Who is the sysadmin for this site? If it isn't fschmidt, maybe get him to recommend somebody.
Fschmidt and other moderators cannot fix the forum when it goes down. The only thing I can do is contact Bluehost via live chat and ask them to reboot the server. Moderators cannot do that because they cannot access my server or webhosting admin panel.

Sorry I didn't know it was down. I was busy with Dianne and Angelo in Taiwan for the last two weeks. And my friends on WhatsApp didn't let me know until later and plus I didn't check WhatsApp for a while either.

We really need to move off Bluehost or move back to shared hosting premium, where the webhost admins would make sure the server doesn't go down, or repair it if it does.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » August 16th, 2019, 12:22 pm

And this time?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » August 16th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Sorry about that. How long was the forum down this time?

It seems that two days ago, 534 users were online here. That might have caused a crash, it set a new record. I don't know what caused that. It was either a traffic spike from a mention on a popular blog or website. Or a hacker attack.