Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8436
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA

The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by jamesbond » May 14th, 2018, 1:31 pm

The U.S. Census surveys per capita income every 10 years. It provides a revised estimate every September. The Census calculates it by taking the total income for the previous year for everyone 15 years and older.

It then provides the median average of that data. The median is the point where 50 percent of all individuals are above, and 50 percent are below. In 2016, median income per capita was $33,205.



https://www.thebalance.com/income-per-c ... cs-3305852
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Adama » May 16th, 2018, 4:03 pm

jamesbond wrote:
May 14th, 2018, 1:31 pm
The U.S. Census surveys per capita income every 10 years. It provides a revised estimate every September. The Census calculates it by taking the total income for the previous year for everyone 15 years and older.

It then provides the median average of that data. The median is the point where 50 percent of all individuals are above, and 50 percent are below. In 2016, median income per capita was $33,205.



https://www.thebalance.com/income-per-c ... cs-3305852
That makes the whole idea that women only go for rich men seem less likely.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster
Posts: 395
Joined: October 10th, 2017, 1:51 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by TruthSeeker » May 16th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Well working and earning money is better than sitting on a park bench all day Adama.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Adama » May 16th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Here's another interesting quote from another article on that site:
The median wealth of those younger than 35 is just $6,676. The median wealth for those older than 75 is $155,714. Here's the complete breakout by age group:
Age Range Median Wealth
< 35 $6,676
35-44 $35,000
45-54 $84,542
55-64 $143,964
65-69 $194,226
70-74 $181,078
75 or > $155,714

https://www.thebalance.com/american-net ... an-4135839

This also makes it harder to believe that there are even very many men in the states who have money. So who are all the women who love money going after?

I know that lots of women love money, but I am really starting to think that it is mostly a myth that women in general go after money. This kind of myth probably is generated by people who lack success with women who wildly speculate based on lack of knowledge. Because if any of this were true, probably most people who are alive today would have never been born, because their mothers would not have gone with their fathers.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2403
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by OutWest » May 16th, 2018, 9:06 pm

Adama wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 6:25 pm
Here's another interesting quote from another article on that site:
The median wealth of those younger than 35 is just $6,676. The median wealth for those older than 75 is $155,714. Here's the complete breakout by age group:
Age Range Median Wealth
< 35 $6,676
35-44 $35,000
45-54 $84,542
55-64 $143,964
65-69 $194,226
70-74 $181,078
75 or > $155,714

https://www.thebalance.com/american-net ... an-4135839

This also makes it harder to believe that there are even very many men in the states who have money. So who are all the women who love money going after?

I know that lots of women love money, but I am really starting to think that it is mostly a myth that women in general go after money. This kind of myth probably is generated by people who lack success with women who wildly speculate based on lack of knowledge. Because if any of this were true, probably most people who are alive today would have never been born, because their mothers would not have gone with their fathers.
You are right. The convictions of those who are better in failure often have little connection to real causation.
BTW, per capita income is far different than a number for average compensation of someone working. Those are two distinct sets, one being a subset of the other.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Adama » May 16th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Thank you for that, Outwest. Good information.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster
Posts: 348
Joined: May 19th, 2018, 9:33 am

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by GuyAbroad8293 » May 19th, 2018, 10:21 am

and yet the average retard American still thinks HO HURR America is the best, land of the free! MUH FREEDUMBS!
___________________________________________________________________
i'm literally bulletproof, for real. My friend shot a gun at me and the bullet bounced right off me.

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Adama » May 20th, 2018, 7:26 pm

It might still rank higher than other places, seeing as the reason they want to come here, is because they can make higher wages here.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Yohan » May 20th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Adama wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 7:26 pm
It might still rank higher than other places, seeing as the reason they want to come here, is because they can make higher wages here.
Internationally seen, considering the GNI/capita/PPP, (the income per person and purchasing power parity), calculated by the World Bank every month, USA is about the # 20 out of more than 200 countries - a fairly good position.
Income might be not so high, but expenses for daily needs are often cheaper than elsewhere (for example Switzerland).

However most of these few countries doing better or similar compared to USA are either small (Singapore), very cold climate, little population (Norway), Islamic (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia) rather restrictive (Japan) etc.

For sure USA is still a good destination for immigrants, it's less about income and expenses, but about its large size and high population with many ethnic groups.

User avatar
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster
Posts: 348
Joined: May 19th, 2018, 9:33 am

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by GuyAbroad8293 » May 21st, 2018, 11:22 am

Yohan wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 8:13 pm
Adama wrote:
May 20th, 2018, 7:26 pm
It might still rank higher than other places, seeing as the reason they want to come here, is because they can make higher wages here.
Internationally seen, considering the GNI/capita/PPP, (the income per person and purchasing power parity), calculated by the World Bank every month, USA is about the # 20 out of more than 200 countries - a fairly good position.
Income might be not so high, but expenses for daily needs are often cheaper than elsewhere (for example Switzerland).

However most of these few countries doing better or similar compared to USA are either small (Singapore), very cold climate, little population (Norway), Islamic (Kuwait, Saudi Arabia) rather restrictive (Japan) etc.

For sure USA is still a good destination for immigrants, it's less about income and expenses, but about its large size and high population with many ethnic groups.
one thing i have noticed is that food is a lot cheaper in America than in Asia. In Taco Bell in Asia, a taco will cost you like 1.50 whereas in America the same would cost like 50 cents.
___________________________________________________________________
i'm literally bulletproof, for real. My friend shot a gun at me and the bullet bounced right off me.

User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6808
Joined: August 17th, 2012, 5:22 am

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Cornfed » May 21st, 2018, 1:09 pm

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 11:22 am
one thing i have noticed is that food is a lot cheaper in America than in Asia. In Taco Bell in Asia, a taco will cost you like 1.50 whereas in America the same would cost like 50 cents.
Say what? Well, it's been a long time since I've been in Asia. Has this changed?

User avatar
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster
Posts: 348
Joined: May 19th, 2018, 9:33 am

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by GuyAbroad8293 » May 21st, 2018, 3:09 pm

Cornfed wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 1:09 pm
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 11:22 am
one thing i have noticed is that food is a lot cheaper in America than in Asia. In Taco Bell in Asia, a taco will cost you like 1.50 whereas in America the same would cost like 50 cents.
Say what? Well, it's been a long time since I've been in Asia. Has this changed?
basically food is expensive outside of America. It's amazing how you can get a f***ing double meat hamburger for 1 dollar in America, whereas in Asia that same item would cost like 3 to 5 dollars.
___________________________________________________________________
i'm literally bulletproof, for real. My friend shot a gun at me and the bullet bounced right off me.

Mercury
Freshman Poster
Posts: 307
Joined: October 11th, 2016, 4:26 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Mercury » May 22nd, 2018, 6:41 pm

jamesbond wrote:
May 14th, 2018, 1:31 pm
In 2016, median income per capita was $33,205.
And American women, being the spoiled brats they are, expect their man to make no less than ten times that amount annually!

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by Adama » May 24th, 2018, 3:51 pm

They've really made it so everyone needs a partner to be able to afford a place to live. It takes two hardworking people (or more) to be able to afford most places to live.

Yahoo news just created an article, describing how much a household must make minimum per hour, to be able to afford to rent in each state. https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hourly-w ... 00031.html
NJ is $27 per hour, NY is $28 per hour. FL $20 per hour. VA $23. CA $30. HI $35.

Is the average American only makes $33,000 a year, that means at least two people are needed. But relationships are not so easy to come by. What then?
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
thighlander
Freshman Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: April 2nd, 2018, 7:36 pm

Re: The Average American Only Makes $33,205 a Year

Post by thighlander » May 26th, 2018, 8:44 am

It is tough in the high COL areas, but so few can think outside the box. Pittsburgh is pretty cool, and for a fraction of DC area, I would take it any day. Great universities, great food, great medical....Look at Dayton, OH, birthplace of aviation. Sorry kids but your first home purchase isn't going to be a s single family home, in a high value area...And once you see how much is On offer in the secondary cities, you won't feel like returning.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “News and Current Events”