Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Why the Bible can't be taken literally, only metaphorically and allegorically - Irrefutable Reasons

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why the Bible can't be taken literally, only metaphorically and allegorically - Irrefutable Reasons

Post by Adama » June 9th, 2018, 11:31 pm

I've taken this from the Anthony Bourdain thread, since I don't want to disrespect him, and it is religious, I've posted it here.

Regarding hell, @Winston wrote:
Winston wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 9:22 pm
Well there's no logical reason to believe in an eternal hell, and no proof of it either. However, what I meant was that they could go to a worse place than here, so why don't they consider that possibility? Aren't people naturally afraid of the unknown?

Also, anyone who studies NDE's know that the hellish accounts of NDE's are usually from those who were bad or tried to commit suicide but didn't succeed. So that could be sort of an evidence.

Or it could be that suiciders are in so much suffering and pain that they think that anywhere, including hell, would be better than this life. When you are in extreme pain, that's how you think.

Also, some or most of suiciders probably have a biochemical imbalance. And medication doesn't help much. So eventually they suffer too much and see no way out.

Remember that Rock's friend, Ava Paige, was like that too. She had a good life and good future, but she was depressed from a biochemical imbalance in her brain, which could not be helped or fixed by drugs. So she saw no other way out and was tired of the suffering.

So it's likely that these suiciders have a biochemical imbalance that causes their depression. Not a depression from bad circumstances. If it was bad circumstances, they could just wait for things to get better or go on the upswing cycle. Or take a vacation and chill out somewhere. Or talk to a friend or therapist. They know that depression from circumstances is temporary. But depression from biochemical imbalance is like a hell they can't control or get rid of, so it's like a mental prison that they can't escape from. That's the only theory that makes sense.

It could also be that some of them are demon possessed. Sometimes demon possession may manifest as mental illness too. Or if they are celebrities, they may have made a pact with the devil for their fame and stardom, and eventually the devil comes to collect and takes them somehow. There are a long list of rock stars that may have suffered this fate. The movie "American Satan" depicts this deal with the devil that rock stars make. And it may be literal, not figurative. Who knows.
There's plenty of evidence of hell. It's called lava and magma. Lava is liquid fire and sulfur. Sulfur is brimstone. It comes from the nether parts of the earth, beneath our feet.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why the Bible can't be taken literally, only metaphorically and allegorically - Irrefutable Reasons

Post by Winston » July 9th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Check out what the great Zen teacher Alan Watts said about Jesus here in this lecture below. He explains who Jesus most likely was, and what he was trying to convey to everyone, but wasn't allowed to. I think this best represents what the true historical Jesus (if he existed) was about. It makes a lot of sense and is worth listening to. Alan Watts was also very witty, funny and had a unique original way of explaining things. You just know when you hear him that he's on a very high wavelength and consciousness that's different than everyone else.

I love the part in the lecture where he says that "People on Earth cannot accept a mere mortal man on Earth being the Son of God, so they had to kick Jesus upstairs in order to deify him." LOL. The audience laughed at that. It's so true. Men cannot accept a mere mortal human on Earth being God or the Son of God, so they had to crucify him and deify him and put him on a pedestal in the heavens. Because people can only accept a God that's up there in the heavens, but not amongst them on Earth. That's so funny, witty and true about human nature. lol

Here's an excerpt from it entitled "What Jesus Really Meant But Wasn't Allowed To Say" which is a great title and very catchy.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne