Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Discuss news and current events around the world.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27824
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by Winston » June 9th, 2018, 6:43 am

Suicide rates are up now in the US, especially among women, with a significant increase since 1999, a CNN report says.

U.S. suicide rates up, especially among women, but down for black males
https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/22/heal ... index.html

Why would American women want to commit suicide? Don't they have it all in the US? Isn't everything going for them? Maybe liberals and feminists have a warped twisted soul, so they do weird things? Probably, I would guess, most of these suicides are done by liberals and atheists. You don't usually hear of conservatives or right wingers or Christians committing suicide, which to them is considered cowardly and immoral. Conservatives and right wingers are usually too sane, moral and authentic to do such a thing.

@Adama what do you think?

The successful fashion designer and magazine editor Kate Spade also committed suicide in her luxurious Manhattan apartment. Why would someone rich and successful wanna kill herself? Makes no sense. Not logical.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/05/us/k ... index.html

Aren't these people who do this afraid that they will go to hell or a place that's worse than here? What if they reincarnate and have a shittier life, such as being born as a beggar in the Philippines or Africa and having nothing to eat and no money? Don't they consider that? Don't they consider that everything could be worse for them in their next life? Or are they atheists who don't believe in any afterlife or continuation of the soul?

@Adama why aren't these people afraid they could go to hell or a worse place? Don't they have any fear of the unknown? Or are they godless atheists who expect no afterlife? Or are they possessed by demons and hence have no self control over what they do? Why don't these people try to get professional help?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 6207
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by Adama » June 9th, 2018, 6:59 am

I can only speculate that for some people they believe that regardless of anything they've done, death is always an end to suffering.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.

User avatar
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3109
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN
Contact:

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by Yohan » June 9th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Winston wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 6:43 am
.....Why would American women want to commit suicide? Don't they have it all in the US?

The successful fashion designer and magazine editor Kate Spade also committed suicide in her luxurious Manhattan apartment. Why would someone rich and successful wanna kill herself? Makes no sense. Not logical.

Aren't these people who do this afraid that they will go to hell or a place that's worse than here?

Or are they godless atheists who expect no afterlife?
You need not be an atheist to commit suicide - Here in Japan suicide is widely considered as something which requires bravery - and people are mainly Buddhists. There is nothing in Buddhism which says suicide is not acceptable. As a fact, Japanese Buddhist monks committed painful forms of suicide in the past to become enlightened. Some of their remains are still for display in Japanese temples.
The Japanese government does not encourage such a way of thinking however in any form.

This article itself is widely misleading and avoids to give clear statistics. It's always about 'poor women'.

We have to see a difference between suicide attempt and successful suicide.

Successful suicide outnumbers women vs. men 1 vs. 3.5 - this means out of 10 people about 6 to 7 are men and 3 or 4 are women.
These figures are about the same everywhere, worldwide.

More women than men try to commit suicide, but they fail to do it successfully.

It is also a difference is somebody opts for suicide because of being terminally ill and in pain facing death anyway soon - if this person is full with drugs and alcohol and has no idea what he (or she) is doing - of if people are carefully planning ahead to commit suicide for a reason we cannot understand easily and know exactly what they are doing.

Personally I think - but I cannot prove it of course - if people after committing successfully suicide, get a second chance to reconsider their decision - many would not do it again.

However if a person is strongly insisting to commit suicide, he will try it again and again, it is not possible to prevent it, even if you have a personal contact with him and really try to help.

User avatar
growup
Freshman Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 4:22 am

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by growup » July 26th, 2018, 2:27 am

Winston wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 6:43 am
Suicide rates are up now in the US, especially among women, with a significant increase since 1999, a CNN report says.

U.S. suicide rates up, especially among women, but down for black males
https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/22/heal ... index.html

Why would American women want to commit suicide? Don't they have it all in the US? Isn't everything going for them? Maybe liberals and feminists have a warped twisted soul, so they do weird things? Probably, I would guess, most of these suicides are done by liberals and atheists. You don't usually hear of conservatives or right wingers or Christians committing suicide, which to them is considered cowardly and immoral. Conservatives and right wingers are usually too sane, moral and authentic to do such a thing.

Winston,
I would tell you that it's unfair to compare someone's "outside" to your idea of their "inside".
While someone may seem to have it all on the outside, maybe they are dealing with some dark stuff on the inside.
Maybe a family member died, maybe they are sick, maybe they have lost their job...
maybe it's all happened at once.

I can tell you that women are extremely stressed creatures (speaking from experience as a woman), and that lately, the stressors have gotten worse. For example, I've had to work more hours lately, family life is HARD (I have a husband and two children and lost my Dad 2 weeks ago), and there is a lot of political unrest. That's a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, just offering some insight!

snede
Freshman Poster
Posts: 179
Joined: December 20th, 2016, 6:57 pm

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by snede » July 26th, 2018, 3:02 am

Good. Women need to be killing themselves in the same numbers as men. It's for equality!

User avatar
growup
Freshman Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 4:22 am

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by growup » July 26th, 2018, 3:47 am

snede wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 3:02 am
Good. Women need to be killing themselves in the same numbers as men. It's for equality!
This may actually be my favorite post today.

User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 27824
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by Winston » July 26th, 2018, 4:34 am

growup wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 2:27 am
Winston wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 6:43 am
Suicide rates are up now in the US, especially among women, with a significant increase since 1999, a CNN report says.

U.S. suicide rates up, especially among women, but down for black males
https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/22/heal ... index.html

Why would American women want to commit suicide? Don't they have it all in the US? Isn't everything going for them? Maybe liberals and feminists have a warped twisted soul, so they do weird things? Probably, I would guess, most of these suicides are done by liberals and atheists. You don't usually hear of conservatives or right wingers or Christians committing suicide, which to them is considered cowardly and immoral. Conservatives and right wingers are usually too sane, moral and authentic to do such a thing.

Winston,
I would tell you that it's unfair to compare someone's "outside" to your idea of their "inside".
While someone may seem to have it all on the outside, maybe they are dealing with some dark stuff on the inside.
Maybe a family member died, maybe they are sick, maybe they have lost their job...
maybe it's all happened at once.

I can tell you that women are extremely stressed creatures (speaking from experience as a woman), and that lately, the stressors have gotten worse. For example, I've had to work more hours lately, family life is HARD (I have a husband and two children and lost my Dad 2 weeks ago), and there is a lot of political unrest. That's a recipe for disaster.

Anyway, just offering some insight!
Yes everyone has their inner suffering or frustration or pain or conflict. And Americans always put on this fake mask and pretend nothing is wrong. I hate that. But it could also be that dark forces are involved, such as demons, archons, mind parasites, etc. There is a lot of new info about that now. See here:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +marzinsky

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14066

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21922
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

User avatar
growup
Freshman Poster
Posts: 171
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 4:22 am

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by growup » July 26th, 2018, 4:46 am

I'll give you that there are a lot of things out there that we don't readily have an explanation for (ghosts, demons, etc)
It's certainly worth a look!

User avatar
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5941
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am
Contact:

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by Ghost » July 31st, 2018, 1:14 am

The more the modern world takes us away from the natural progression of life, the more suicide rates will increase.

It is tragic. But so it goes.
Expatriation Ragnarok
Make the most of going abroad while you still can.
Expatriation Ragnarok - Paperback
PM me to become a member of the Happier Abroad Support Network.

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4812
Joined: April 28th, 2013, 3:00 pm
Location: USA,FL

Re: Suicide rate for AW has increased since 1999 - CNN Report

Post by Moretorque » July 31st, 2018, 8:12 pm

Speak of the devil, is he back ?
Time to Hide!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “News and Current Events”