Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

They still say it's the man's job to ask a woman out, even in America.

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Mercury
Freshman Poster

Re: They still say it's the man's job to ask a woman out, even in America.

Post by Mercury » September 7th, 2018, 2:24 am

CodeHarder wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 3:15 am
Better be careful. If you ask a woman out and the answer is no that's sexual harassment these days. Even worse, rape by intent. At minimum you'll get sacked. At worst blacklisted and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Actually today, if you ask a woman out at all in the United States, it's 375 years to life in Federal prison and/or the death penalty. Enforced heavily by the FBI and the United States Department of Homeland Security. Military enforced, too.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon » September 12th, 2018, 2:40 am

growup wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 2:35 pm
flowerthief00 wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 5:10 am
The pretense of equality at the same time as of inequality is bullshit. Pick one or the other. I don't care which.

If men and women are equals then fine. They should both at times be approaching, they should both at times be doing the asking out, they should both at times be making the next move, they should both be paying for dinners, they should both at times be leading the other, they should both at times be dealing with rejection.

If men and women are NOT equals, also fine. Men are willing to accept the greater burden in the game of courtship, but we want to be appreciated for it. Which means, among many other things, not put up on the scaffold for displaying a reasonable amount of aggressiveness in courting a woman.

Which is it, ladies? Choose one and only one.
So growup, are you saying you want an award?
I agree with you.
Women are just as capable of asking a man out. They are also just as capable of paying for a dinner, etc.
I've been both the breadwinner and the stay at home Mom during my marriage.
I understand that Mercury is tired of rejection and he is waiting for the right lady to come along, but he needs to be more realistic.
Not all of us are gold diggers who want a souped up car and a McMansion.

suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon » September 12th, 2018, 2:43 am

growup wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 2:35 pm
flowerthief00 wrote:
August 13th, 2018, 5:10 am
The pretense of equality at the same time as of inequality is bullshit. Pick one or the other. I don't care which.

If men and women are equals then fine. They should both at times be approaching, they should both at times be doing the asking out, they should both at times be making the next move, they should both be paying for dinners, they should both at times be leading the other, they should both at times be dealing with rejection.

If men and women are NOT equals, also fine. Men are willing to accept the greater burden in the game of courtship, but we want to be appreciated for it. Which means, among many other things, not put up on the scaffold for displaying a reasonable amount of aggressiveness in courting a woman.

Which is it, ladies? Choose one and only one.
I agree with you.
Women are just as capable of asking a man out. They are also just as capable of paying for a dinner, etc.
I've been both the breadwinner and the stay at home Mom during my marriage.
I understand that Mercury is tired of rejection and he is waiting for the right lady to come along, but he needs to be more realistic.
Not all of us are gold diggers who want a souped up car and a McMansion.
So growup, are you saying you want an award?