Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Why isn't Mexico a hot destination to find a wife/gf?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Goodbye USA, Hello Peru
Freshman Poster

Post by Goodbye USA, Hello Peru » July 15th, 2012, 8:58 pm

ladislav wrote:Most Americans are prejudiced against Mexicans. Some are not, but ,generally, they would rather marry an Oriental, and, well , maybe if a Latina, someone from Venezuel or Brazil, possibly; but "Meskin" is seen as low class by a lot of people. A Mexican wife for life is not exactly what many guys have in mind.
Many do not find Mexicanas attractive, either.

The feeling is mutual, as many Mexicans do not really like the US, its culture, and how the US treated them over these past two centuries. They do not like to learn English and/or marry Americans, not for racial, but for cultural/political reasons. If an American learns Spanish and adopts local customs/lives in Mexico , he will be welcome there, though, but still these are two countries that do not get along that well.

Rich Mexicans and even middle class ones do not like to live in the US, work in the US or even make friends with English-speaking Americans. They are way too proud of their country. Poor Mexican people are very poor and illiterate even in Spanish, very often. These are the ones who come to the USA to get jobs, and, mainly, it is men and sometimes divorced women. So, not a big choice of senoritas.

Mexicans and ,Americans, for that matter are not very friendly people so, that complicates everything tenfold.

Having said that, you can still find sites that deal with Mexican ladies and there are tours and marriage agencies ,but not many.

I agree with most of what ladisav says. Mexican women are very strong and have too much pride in Mexico. They look at America differently than the rest of Latin America. To them, America is the "rich gringo" to the north.

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 » July 15th, 2012, 9:40 pm

I went to a grand wedding last summer. The bride is Mexican and the groom is caucasian/asian mixed. She flew many of her relatives up from Mexico. It was very interesting to see how her family interacted with the Americans at the wedding. I tried to imagine that if I were invited to a wedding down in Mexico, I'd be friendly and curious about their culture even tho I don't speak Espanol. I'd want to mingle and meet some new friends etc.

But sad to say her relatives couldn't be more standoffish if they wanted to be. They had ZERO interest in interacting with the other guests. From what I can see they didn't make any effort to meet the grooms family. For the most part they sat in the corner and occupied 4 tables....they where in their own little world and they were content to stay that way.

Moving on to the broader picture, those from Mexico rarely have any interest in the gringo lifestyle. Just doesn't suit them at all. You might get lucky and find a girl who is only interested in non-Mexican men but they seem very rare. This has been reinforced by the 4 trips that I've taken down to Mexico. I never got a good vide from them so they were never on my dating radar when it was time to pursue foreign women.

IMHO, filipinas are similar to Mexican women but the attitude and approachability is like night and day with filipinas winning all day long.

Libertadd
Freshman Poster

Re: Why isn't Mexico a hot destination to find a wife/gf?

Post by Libertadd » October 25th, 2014, 3:45 am

Hello,

I came just to give my opinion about this (it's friday night and I am at home and bored, haha... but luckily I'm an Internet creature)

I haven't read all opinions, but I read the one that ladislav wrote.

I'm a mexican woman, and I didn't know there were pages to look for mexicans wives (well, to be honest I'm not looking for one), but well, I think what people think about gringos it's different in every part of Mexico.

I'm from the north of Mexico, I've had visa almost all my life and still have it, but I have never been further the border (but I have been in other countries from Latin America). So, maybe we are a little bit proud people, haha, but at least here "gringos" are not a "strange thing", we don't see them as enemies or anything, a lot of them come here for work, some get married and stay, some go (same with guys from Germany, a lot of "maquilas" here).

But I guess it's a little offensive when people from USA think we all mexicans want to live there, and it's not true. I think it's a great place with great people and there are a lot of cities I will want to visit, but I love Mexico. And it has happened to me when crossing the border that a police guy asked me if I was going to the USA to get a husband (and he smiled), I think he was trying to be nice, but it seems to be a generalized idea (weird thing that a police guy asked me the same while entering to Argentina... hmmm, maybe I look like I'm looking for a husband, maybe is my haircut, haha).

But well, finally getting to the point, I really think mexican people are very friendly, and any foreigner may make friends here as long as he/she treats people with respect and try to be nice.

Ok, now I need to find a good movie to watch.

¡Saludos!

A_American
Freshman Poster

Post by A_American » October 25th, 2014, 4:07 am

Winston wrote:Since Mexico is similar to the Philippines in that it is cheerful, wild, happy go lucky, and the girls are friendly, warm and inclusive, why isn't Mexico a hot spot for Western men seeking wives, girlfriends, or playmates? Is there a reason?

I heard that it's easy to get a girlfriend there too. And they make love very well like Latinas. (But some Mexicans say the girls are strong Catholics who like to remain virgins until marriage.)

Plus it's right off the US border.

So why isn't it a big hot spot for sex tourists and love seekers too?

And why are there not many Mexican marriage agencies or dating sites catered to foreigners?
simple; to get good girls in Mexico, you have to know Spanish. all the men who I know who do well with Mexican women know Spanish. if you are too lazy to learn spanish, stick to those filipinas.

A_American
Freshman Poster

Post by A_American » October 25th, 2014, 4:09 am

Libertadd wrote:Hello,

I came just to give my opinion about this (it's friday night and I am at home and bored, haha... but luckily I'm an Internet creature)

I'm a mexican woman, and I didn't know there were pages to look for mexicans wives (well, to be honest I'm not looking for one), but well, I think what people think about gringos it's different in every part of Mexico.

I'm from the north of Mexico, I've had visa almost all my life and still have it, but I have never been further the border (but I have been in other countries from Latin America). So, maybe we are a little bit proud people, haha, but at least here "gringos" are not a "strange thing", we don't see them as enemies or anything, a lot of them come here for work, some get married and stay, some go (same with guys from Germany, a lot of "maquilas" here).

But I guess it's a little offensive when people from USA think we all mexicans want to live there, and it's not true. I think it's a great place with great people and there are a lot of cities I will want to visit, but I love Mexico. And it has happened to me when crossing the border that a police guy asked me if I was going to the USA to get a husband (and he smiled), I think he was trying to be nice, but it seems to be a generalized idea (weird thing that a police guy asked me the same while entering to Argentina... hmmm, maybe I look like I'm looking for a husband, maybe is my haircut, haha).

But well, finally getting to the point, I really think mexican people are very friendly, and any foreigner may make friends here as long as he/she treats people with respect and try to be nice.

¡Saludos!
I read all this and nothing of worth was mentioned. All running around in circles.

Puro canto y nada de valor.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Post by fschmidt » October 25th, 2014, 4:53 am

Libertadd wrote:I think it's [USA] a great place with great people
No, it's a horrible place with horrible people. And it's corrupting Mexico too. Pobre México, tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de los Estados Unidos.
Watch "Falling Down".

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » October 25th, 2014, 6:41 am

fschmidt wrote:
Libertadd wrote:I think it's [USA] a great place with great people
No, it's a horrible place with horrible people. And it's corrupting Mexico too. Pobre México, tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de los Estados Unidos.
Watch "Falling Down".
...staring Michael Douglas. It's his best movie ever. Better than Romancing The Stone, Wall Street, etc.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
- Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » October 25th, 2014, 6:49 am

¡Saludos!
Ya era hora! Me alegra que estas aqui...bienvenida carinyosa. (#TecladoDelSistemaLinux) Est. Unidos. es superbasura;Fschmidt tiene rrrrrrazon. La mayoria de los miembros de este sitio se gustaria a salir permanentemente.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
- Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth » October 29th, 2014, 3:42 am

¡Saludos!
Good post. I've heard many chicas tell me the exact same thing. There are lots of educated women in Northern Mexico with good jobs and b travel visas. But to be fair there are lot's of women in Mexico that are open to dating gringos (I think you'd agree with that). I've met many chicas that would like a gringo novia. But like I stated they have jobs and careers and are not desperate at all.

P.S.- Argentina is so broke maybe the guys want you for your Mexican citizenship ;)

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 » October 30th, 2014, 8:02 am

El Paso, TX is really the only place in America I know of where you'll find quality women, but even it isn't a hot destination to get dates or find a girlfriend/wife. But I think pretty much anywhere near the US - Mexico border would have sweet feminine women, except San Diego which is totally absorbed into the mainstream US culture.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 10th, 2015, 8:20 pm

Holy cow. Is it possible to get a wife like this in Mexico? Dang.

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info157692.htm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm » October 10th, 2015, 9:07 pm

Winston wrote:Holy cow. Is it possible to get a wife like this in Mexico? Dang.

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info157692.htm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
It's not easy, only about 10% of women in Mexico look this white.

She also lives in one of the most natively indigenous states of Mexico so I'm a bit surprised.

chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo » October 10th, 2015, 11:20 pm

She also lives in one of the most natively indigenous states of Mexico so I'm a bit surprised.

She isn't a real Mexicana:
Languages: Ukrainian (native),Russian (native)

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest » October 11th, 2015, 12:32 am

chibolo wrote:

She isn't a real Mexicana:
Languages: Ukrainian (native),Russian (native)
In this case, it seems she is a Russian living in Mexico. To answer Winston's question, yes, there are European Mexicans, and they are the elites if Mexico. I have met amazingly pretty "white Mexicanas" numbers of places in Mexico. Most are not falling over themselves to mate up with a gringo. They are similar to the colonial elites in the Philippines. In both cases, to meet and keep such women will depend on who you are, what you bring to the table and how you tie it all together with social skills.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester » October 12th, 2015, 8:15 am

I was walking on the beach here in Ensenada with two friends, and encountered two stunning Ukrainians. From someplace in Westrn Ukraine I forget. Stunning, slender, model quality. It was mother and daughter. Don't know what brought them here. Long way for just a vacation.

But anyway immigrants do tend to flock to the same places. So maybe there is a bit of a mini-trend? "The Russians are coming..."
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."