Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
statnerd
Freshman Poster
Posts: 42
Joined: March 11th, 2018, 5:09 am

These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by statnerd » December 24th, 2018, 6:08 pm

1. I've visited East and Southeast Asia several times and truly enjoyed my visits there. It's nice visiting countries that have a real culture unlike the U.S. where our culture consists of shopping and eating junk food.

2. I can't stand the overly politically correct social climate in the U.S. For example, there is one group of people in the U.S. with a chip on their shoulder which we have to tiptoe around and be careful not to be even slightly disrespectful towards, even though they as a group are largely violent, lazy, stupid, and degenerate.

3. The cost of living is much lower in other countries that have a decent standard of living. My goal is to retire as early as possible from the overly sensitive and political workplace of today where the focus is on CYAing, sucking up, and not saying anything even slightly offensive.




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



CannedHam
Freshman Poster
Posts: 189
Joined: May 27th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by CannedHam » December 25th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Can't disagree with a single thing you wrote.

1. I love the "culture" of most large Asian cities, in particular China. I love the hustle and bustle, the fact that you don't need a car, the thousands of mom and pop shops/restaurants, the nightlife, and many many more things. Less thug-types walking around during the day. No one shitting on the streets like in San Francisco. I love the fact that when I was in Shanghai or Hong Kong, my wife or I could take the subway or bus at any hour of the night and feel safe. When my wife takes the bus at 2pm in our large meto area, I worried she'll get hassled buy some piece of shit thug.

2. Agree 100%. The part that pisses me off the most is that white liberals are enabling this double standard that doesn't allow anyone to criticize violent ethnic/religious groups, probably due to white guilt or some other beta tendencies. It's disgusting. In what other country is such a huge segment of the majority population essentially calling for its own self-destruction?

3. Taxes, regulations, fees, etc. have caused the COL to balloon. Even going to McDonald's nowadays is a $7-8 affair. Health care costs in the US are astronomical, enough to drive people into bankruptcy. The cost of doing business creeps up every year. Even if the current president is business-friendly, many states are incredibly anti-business.

Nowadays i don't converse with strangers about anything other than the weather or other mundane topics. A huge % of the US population enjoys "feeling offended", or at least acting offended, so they can grandstand and show off their moral superiority. They're constantly looking for a chance to feel offended, sometimes on behalf of someone, which makes them feel miserable and depressed - who wouldn't be if they're always looking for a chance to feel slighted?

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster
Posts: 251
Joined: January 11th, 2017, 5:14 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by flowerthief00 » December 27th, 2018, 7:30 am

Food is reason #1 for me. My understanding is that the closer you get to India, the better the food gets in every possible way. Cheaper. Tastier. Healthier. Less slaughter, torture, cruelty. So sick of being surrounded by those who think nothing of eating the flesh of once living, sentient beings. (and well aware that can't be entirely avoided no matter where you go)

But since I am not interested in India, somewhere in southeast Asia such as Thailand might be good.

There are some things I don't like about Thailand... But recently I was able at least to cross out one of them.
I had thought love dolls were illegal there. Upon doing some research I found that they are not! In fact there are fewer restrictions on importing them than in most Western countries. Maybe some day I'll be living happily in Thailand with a doll or two.

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4639
Joined: October 4th, 2007, 5:33 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by zboy1 » December 28th, 2018, 1:53 am

My main reason for moving abroad: wanting to travel and see the world.

I also feel as if I don't 'fit-in' to Western/Anglo culture. I don't like the feminism, p.c. culture and violence of America, and I don't like living in unfriendly, Anglo-countries. I've lived in the U.K., America, and spent time in Canada, and I didn't like any of those countries for various reaons.

There are some racial reasons as well: of course, this is not p.c. to talk about in America, but I like the fact that I'm comfortable being around other Asians, and the fact that Whites/Blacks and other races are in the minority in Asia. In the States, Asian men are not treated well, even though Asian woman are treated as 'Queens' by most men. And most Westernized Asian women crap-on Asian men too much for my liking. There's too much self-hate in Westernized Asian communities. That's not the case in Asia. And lastly, it's easy for all types of men, regardless of race, to do well in Asia with the woman.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » December 28th, 2018, 10:33 am

Great summary. I related to much of your reasoning.
zboy1 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 1:53 am
I also feel as if I don't 'fit-in' to Western/Anglo culture. I don't like the feminism, p.c. culture and violence of America, and I don't like living in unfriendly, Anglo-countries. I've lived in the U.K., America, and spent time in Canada, and I didn't like any of those countries for various reasons.
That is 100% my experience also.
zboy1 wrote: I like the fact that I'm comfortable being around other Asians, and the fact that Whites/Blacks and other races are in the minority in Asia.
That's interesting. I'm sure my not being Asian impacts my take on this, but different Asians strike me as very different.
-Japanese generally make me feel very comfortable and right at home. I love them.
-Chinese Hong Kongers are quite insular and either indifferent or soulless in their interactions with me. I find them boring but not unpleasant.
-Mainland Chinese are also socially insular in Singapore and Hong Kong, but they are a socially awkward, clueless, uncouth and travel in large groups. They seem to have an unhygienic tendency to sneeze or cough without covering or turning away so I generally like to avoid them. Other Asians seem to hate them with a passion, and if you ask a Hong Konger if he or she is from the Mainland, those could be fighting words.
-Filipinos are generally warm, friendly, and engaging and there is a positive vibe around them. I have never been to the "Phils" so it might be different there.
-Indians and Sri Lankans are fake and annoying touts trying to peddle tailoring services to me. They dominate the tailoring trade in Hong Kong now, and I am turned off by them completely. They feel entitled to pester, annoy, and harass you to be a customer. If I leave Hong Kong without shoving one away, I will be so proud of myself.

Away from Hong Kong, I am not at all bothered by them. In fact, they are afterthoughts unless they are mainstreamed into Western culture from childhood. In that case, they are barely distinguishable from whites.
zboy1 wrote: In the States, Asian men are not treated well, even though Asian woman are treated as 'Queens' by most men. And most Westernized Asian women crap-on Asian men too much for my liking. There's too much self-hate in Westernized Asian communities. That's not the case in Asia. And lastly, it's easy for all types of men, regardless of race, to do well in Asia with the woman.
No men are treated well in America my friend, and most women are treated like Queens. Westernized black women crap-on black men as well and I suspect it is like that with most ethnic groups in America not just with Asians. But the self-hatred in black American women is so think, you can cut it with a knife. They seem oblivious to it, don't understand it, and often project the accusation of self-hatred onto black men which I think is a consequence of poor self-awareness coupled with low IQ.

User avatar
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2424
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » December 28th, 2018, 5:55 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 10:33 am
Great summary. I related to much of your reasoning.
zboy1 wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 1:53 am
I also feel as if I don't 'fit-in' to Western/Anglo culture. I don't like the feminism, p.c. culture and violence of America, and I don't like living in unfriendly, Anglo-countries. I've lived in the U.K., America, and spent time in Canada, and I didn't like any of those countries for various reasons.
That is 100% my experience also.
zboy1 wrote: I like the fact that I'm comfortable being around other Asians, and the fact that Whites/Blacks and other races are in the minority in Asia.
That's interesting. I'm sure my not being Asian impacts my take on this, but different Asians strike me as very different.
-Japanese generally make me feel very comfortable and right at home. I love them.
-Chinese Hong Kongers are quite insular and either indifferent or soulless in their interactions with me. I find them boring but not unpleasant.
-Mainland Chinese are also socially insular in Singapore and Hong Kong, but they are a socially awkward, clueless, uncouth and travel in large groups. They seem to have an unhygienic tendency to sneeze or cough without covering or turning away so I generally like to avoid them. Other Asians seem to hate them with a passion, and if you ask a Hong Konger if he or she is from the Mainland, those could be fighting words.
-Filipinos are generally warm, friendly, and engaging and there is a positive vibe around them. I have never been to the "Phils" so it might be different there.
-Indians and Sri Lankans are fake and annoying touts trying to peddle tailoring services to me. They dominate the tailoring trade in Hong Kong now, and I am turned off by them completely. They feel entitled to pester, annoy, and harass you to be a customer. If I leave Hong Kong without shoving one away, I will be so proud of myself.

Away from Hong Kong, I am not at all bothered by them. In fact, they are afterthoughts unless they are mainstreamed into Western culture from childhood. In that case, they are barely distinguishable from whites.
zboy1 wrote: In the States, Asian men are not treated well, even though Asian woman are treated as 'Queens' by most men. And most Westernized Asian women crap-on Asian men too much for my liking. There's too much self-hate in Westernized Asian communities. That's not the case in Asia. And lastly, it's easy for all types of men, regardless of race, to do well in Asia with the woman.
No men are treated well in America my friend, and most women are treated like Queens. Westernized black women crap-on black men as well and I suspect it is like that with most ethnic groups in America not just with Asians. But the self-hatred in black American women is so think, you can cut it with a knife. They seem oblivious to it, don't understand it, and often project the accusation of self-hatred onto black men which I think is a consequence of poor self-awareness coupled with low IQ.
You experiences in Hong Kong are mirrored to mine. I think there are more Pakistani's than E. Indians (yes Pakistani's are really northern E. Indian Muslims but still.....) in Hong Kong....especially in Kowloon. If it weren't for Pakistani food, I would have lost my mind there. The Dim Sum was too expensive...even in HKD. Pakistani food in Kowloon was 10 to 13 USD convertible a plate, but they gave me a lot and I was happy-happy everytime I ate at those kind of places in Hong Kong.

E. Indians comported themselves better in Thailand when I ran into them there.

How in the hell do you survive there in Hong Kong? Utterly expensive. Just a waste of time if one's not there on coerced, obligatory business!!!!
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
- Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » December 29th, 2018, 8:43 am

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
December 28th, 2018, 5:55 pm
I think there are more Pakistani's than E. Indians (yes Pakistani's are really northern E. Indian Muslims but still.....) in Hong Kong....especially in Kowloon. If it weren't for Pakistani food, I would have lost my mind there.

How in the hell do you survive there in Hong Kong? Utterly expensive. Just a waste of time if one's not there on coerced, obligatory business!!!!
So they are Pakistanis! They are so different than the Pakis in Dubai who were uniformly wonderful people. These idiots in Hong Kong are obnoxious parasites. Perhaps a few generations of living on Hong Kong makes them that way.

I am just passing through Hong Kong for a few weeks. I did not like it from day one and I am leaving in a few days, never to return to this dump. This is WAY overrated and I don't know why anyone would want to live here. Even the locals hate it now.

But that is a part of travel, you learn what you like and you learn what you don't.

User avatar
Carnio
Freshman Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: June 10th, 2017, 9:03 pm
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by Carnio » December 29th, 2018, 10:39 am

My Reasons:

1. Asia. to travel and relocate

It has always been a dream of mine to relocate and live in Asia, East Asia in particular. Right now I am on a spiritual Journey to travel to every single Country in Asia, including the middle east and the permafrost North Asia, to learn more about this continent's history. There is so much in Asia to do and see that I don't think I will be able to do nearly half of the things I want in my lifetime. I am still living in Kazakhstan after about a year and I have not even got started yet.

2. Man-Hating Feminist Culture

The number one thing that drove me to leave the US into near destitution in a third world region was the man hating feminist culture. I am not talking about the dating culture. I am simply talking about basic interactions between men and women in the US. Always being treated like you are some sort of demonic monster and a third class citizen simply for owning a penis. One thing minorities, Blacks and Asians alike love to complain about while living in the west is 'racism'. Not only racism, but homophobia, islamophobia, fat shaming etc. but there is no form of discrimination that is as blatant and in your face and nasty as sexism against men. or the proper term for this is gynocentrism. Sure, Gynocentrism is in just about all cultures in the world but Anglo US gynocentrism tops them all. from movies, radio, music, down to the video games you play. Here in Asia, aside from your spoiled brat princesses who feel they're owed the world by all men, none of the girls treat me with any disdain like the way it was in US


3. To Escape Blackistan

Any black man, who does not subscribe to the Black thought and the degenerate gangster culture, to which we shall call Blackistan for a better label, and is one of intellect or is someone who contains values similar to that of the Dominant puritan Anglo culture or the east asian Confucius mentality, is not only outcasted but a target to extreme bully, no matter the age of the perpetrator. you WILL be a victim of thought policing, isolation, and abuse to the point of suicide. It has only gotten worse due to the huge increase of Black men turning to Mgtow and a recent phenomenon known as SYSBM who are giving blackistan the middle finger.

3.1 to stay away from Black Women

only lord knows how much I hate these group of women (along with Hispanic women but not as much as the former). Black women are the most damned beasts known to man. Feminism to black women is what jimmi hendrix was to the Guitar. They are Hyper Masculine transsexuals who want nothing but death and destruction to black men. Not even the most racist Klan member is as hateful as today's black women to black men.


As long as #2, 3, and most especially 3.1 exist in the US of Gay, I will not go back the US. I might consider the Marina islands considering it is still part of US and one can get the same services as if you were on Mainland

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » January 1st, 2019, 6:57 am

Carnio wrote:
December 29th, 2018, 10:39 am
My Reasons:

1. Asia. to travel and relocate

It has always been a dream of mine to relocate and live in Asia, East Asia in particular. Right now I am on a spiritual Journey to travel to every single Country in Asia, including the middle east and the permafrost North Asia, to learn more about this continent's history. There is so much in Asia to do and see that I don't think I will be able to do nearly half of the things I want in my lifetime. I am still living in Kazakhstan after about a year and I have not even got started yet.

2. Man-Hating Feminist Culture

The number one thing that drove me to leave the US into near destitution in a third world region was the man hating feminist culture. I am not talking about the dating culture. I am simply talking about basic interactions between men and women in the US. Always being treated like you are some sort of demonic monster and a third class citizen simply for owning a penis. One thing minorities, Blacks and Asians alike love to complain about while living in the west is 'racism'. Not only racism, but homophobia, islamophobia, fat shaming etc. but there is no form of discrimination that is as blatant and in your face and nasty as sexism against men. or the proper term for this is gynocentrism. Sure, Gynocentrism is in just about all cultures in the world but Anglo US gynocentrism tops them all. from movies, radio, music, down to the video games you play. Here in Asia, aside from your spoiled brat princesses who feel they're owed the world by all men, none of the girls treat me with any disdain like the way it was in US
The infuriating part is that the United States government is actively funding and spreading this feminist culture around the world through its bankrolling non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with American tax dollars. That, along with mass media (especially social media) culture and "exchange" programs to American Universities of indoctrination bode ill for any reversal anytime soon.

The only reversal to this is cataclysm or outright world war which is the reset button for gynocentrism to plummet to its rightful level.
Carnio wrote: 3. To Escape Blackistan

Any black man, who does not subscribe to the Black thought and the degenerate gangster culture, to which we shall call Blackistan for a better label, and is one of intellect or is someone who contains values similar to that of the Dominant puritan Anglo culture or the east asian Confucius mentality, is not only outcasted but a target to extreme bully, no matter the age of the perpetrator. you WILL be a victim of thought policing, isolation, and abuse to the point of suicide. It has only gotten worse due to the huge increase of Black men turning to Mgtow and a recent phenomenon known as SYSBM who are giving blackistan the middle finger.
Ah yes, that good ole' black groupthink! One thing to keep in mind is that many Whites actively try to keep blacks in this condition also. White leftists need black groupthink as a support base, while white bigots need black groupthink for both their confirmation bias and their Machiavellian bogeyman.
Carnio wrote: 3.1 to stay away from Black Women

only lord knows how much I hate these group of women (along with Hispanic women but not as much as the former). Black women are the most damned beasts known to man. Feminism to black women is what jimmi hendrix was to the Guitar. They are Hyper Masculine transsexuals who want nothing but death and destruction to black men. Not even the most racist Klan member is as hateful as today's black women to black men.
From the time of my birth, I have noted a certain psychological warfare being waged by black women against black men maintained by a conspiracy of silence. Black mothers, girlfriends, wives, and sisters actually work to prevent black males from rising too high or achieving too much success for fear of being abandoned. As the saying goes, "It is the tall grass which gets chopped down to size!" So in America, many black women see black male success and achievement as a personal threat to their control and false perception as "The backbone of Black America."

What opened my eyes to this decades ago was when I would wear suits to work, often with bow ties or pocket squares. Non-black women I would encounter would universally have a positive reaction while many black women would have a derisive comment, negative demeanor, or "who does he think he is?" attitude. While I long knew that something was amiss with black women, that was my epiphany moment with them in which it all came together and made sense.

Ever since the internet became a thing, this warfare became exposed and black women have taken the biggest "L" in the country. They are now reduced to virtual pariah status to all but the unfortunate few men who have no other choice but to deal with them and their baggage.

Sadly, what I am seeing now is black mothers doubling down on their black sons resulting in an explosion in gay and/or effeminate black men among the younger generation. These boys become honorary black women by being conditioned to reject any and all forms of masculinity. I saw this especially among particularly educated black men with advanced or Ivy League degrees! It is almost as if they had to adopt that strategy to get a success permit.
Carnio wrote: As long as #2, 3, and most especially 3.1 exist in the US of Gay, I will not go back the US. I might consider the Marina islands considering it is still part of US and one can get the same services as if you were on Mainland
In addition to the Marianas, also consider the Marshall Islands which has a special compact agreement with the USA which permits Americans to live and work there indefinitely.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on January 1st, 2019, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gsjackson
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2332
Joined: June 12th, 2010, 3:08 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Contact:

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by gsjackson » January 1st, 2019, 11:37 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again: CE does more to actually try to help people and pass along the benefit of his experience than anybody who has posted here. Ladislav was a contender when he posted regularly; right now CE has the field to himself.

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3131
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » January 1st, 2019, 3:49 pm

gsjackson wrote:
January 1st, 2019, 11:37 am
I've said it before and I'll say it again: CE does more to actually try to help people and pass along the benefit of his experience than anybody who has posted here. Ladislav was a contender when he posted regularly; right now CE has the field to himself.
Very kind of you GS! Ladislav inspired a lot of my travel thinking so I'm not sure I'm on his level, and you aren't exactly chopped liver yourself :lol: But much appreciated.

User avatar
rabbithabit
Freshman Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: October 3rd, 2018, 1:51 pm

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by rabbithabit » January 31st, 2019, 11:49 am

Asia is not polluted with all the crazy laws like states
Being a white blonde curvy women in asia is like winning the lottery every day
Cost of living is halved
Asian are more friendly than people in states
Being a white escort in Asia insures business anytime at high earnings
Fluent in chinese, tagolog and english insures flexibility in asia not possible in states
getting arrested as a usa citizens in asia is very unlikely
Cute Rabbit

User avatar
expat79
Freshman Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: February 11th, 2019, 7:13 am

Re: These are my reasons for wanting to move abroad...

Post by expat79 » February 11th, 2019, 7:56 am

Love Asia, I would move in a heart beat but our jobs are in Europe. Same as in US, I fed up with taxes and political mess. Plus there is the food in Asia that I absolutely love.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons”