Update: WE ARE BACK ONLINE! The Forum has been RESTORED! See announcement here. If there are any problems or issues, please report them in the announcement thread. Note: Unfortunately I was not able to import the posts made after the crash (on Sept 18) into the restored forum. However, I exported all the posts submitted after the crash into a Word file, so you can download it, find your posts and re-post them. Download the posts here. Thanks for your patience and welcome back everyone!

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Do All Women Marry For Money?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Do All Women Marry For Money?

Post by jamesbond » November 11th, 2019, 5:22 am

Yes, all women do marry for money, no matter what the feminists and white knights say to the contrary.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do All Women Marry For Money?

Post by Taco » November 12th, 2019, 4:44 am

Middle class women and wealthy women marry for money.

Poor women marry for love and sex. That's why I married one.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » November 12th, 2019, 6:31 am

Taco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 4:44 am

Poor women marry for love and sex.
Doesn't that just mean they have less options and will settle for less money?

MrMan
Veteran Poster

Post by MrMan » November 12th, 2019, 7:39 am

If they do, some of them are really bad at math. If all women married for money, none of them would marry poor men. :D

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco » November 12th, 2019, 8:33 am

Cornfed wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 6:31 am
Taco wrote:
November 12th, 2019, 4:44 am

Poor women marry for love and sex.
Doesn't that just mean they have less options and will settle for less money?
It means their "normal". Why their normal doesn't really matter.

I had never been around normal women before I moved to the Philippines. Some men will have no idea what I'm talking about but American women and Filipinas are complete opposites.
"One of the saddest lessons of history is this: we're no longer interested in finding out the truth." - Carl Sagan

flowerthief00
Freshman Poster

Post by flowerthief00 » November 13th, 2019, 3:04 am

^ I have the opposite point of view. Filipinas are far from normal. Just my opinion but I'd say women elsewhere in Asia are more like women in America than they are like women in the Philippines.

hypermak
Freshman Poster

Post by hypermak » November 13th, 2019, 7:15 am

I think it's more complicated than that. I think women in general marry for "stability", which is a definition that changes very widely. It usually involves financial stability, so money, but just as well the promise that they (and their offspring) will be taken care of, protected and supported throughout life.

To think that women only marry with money is just as cynical and reductive as thinking that women only marry good looking hunks or, as I read here on a few posts, street gang types.

Then there's also the romantic notion of marriage, instilled by one too many Hollywood flicks. They want to live the dream, be the beautiful brides in white, with 50 or 100 people pouring attention all over them. They want their moment. I think that has some significance too, else you would find far more unmarried couples, who by the way can live pretty much the same way.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate » November 14th, 2019, 12:39 am

Women marry for many reasons, one of which can be for money. But they tend to marry for money if they are:

-Very poor or economically deprived
-Single mothers
-Older women who have hit the wall
-Younger women who are sagacious and intelligent
-Old fashioned Gold diggers

But the key here is ALL women have the ability to exploit men for money once they become married to the man so it is a smart strategy to think this way for any man. Virtuous women often become bored, resentful, shrews who will take all she can from a husband when she wants to cash out and explore the sexual market again.

hypermak
Freshman Poster

Post by hypermak » November 14th, 2019, 4:34 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
November 14th, 2019, 12:39 am
Women marry for many reasons, one of which can be for money. But they tend to marry for money if they are:

-Very poor or economically deprived
-Single mothers
-Older women who have hit the wall
-Younger women who are sagacious and intelligent
-Old fashioned Gold diggers

But the key here is ALL women have the ability to exploit men for money once they become married to the man so it is a smart strategy to think this way for any man. Virtuous women often become bored, resentful, shrews who will take all she can from a husband when she wants to cash out and explore the sexual market again.
True. Once the sexual tension is gone and routine sets in, if both parties don't make a serious effort to keep the fire alive, boredom and tireness will tear the couple apart in no time. That's why I don't think it's ever a good idea to give the woman all she wants. Once she think she's got it all, she will start asking for things that are much harder to get from a man...like impossible gifts or life choices, or another man's sexual favours.