Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship.

Happier Abroad Discussion Forum Index
  Discussion Forum
   Exposing the Toxicity of American Culture, Dating and Social Relationships
   Promoting Overseas Living, Dating and Traveling as a Solution to a Better Life

RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsIgnore ListBan PanelLog in






Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes
and Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101 Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences!
New! Don't miss AFA's new TV reality show Bachelors Abroad on National Geographic! See Trailer clip


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members are screened.

Attn Ladies: Check out our new Ladies Forum! We also have a Paranormal Forum too!


Share |


Try this: View Latest 100 Topics          View Your Posts         FAQ Topics          Mobile App
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Russia vs US: Friendliness and Hostility
Author Message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post Russia vs US: Friendliness and Hostility 

A perfect summary of Russia vs US by Ladislav in my youtube video comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEsnjj3-MZc

VladislavModelevsky
In the Us there is more courtesy but less inclusion. People just want to be left alone and /or in small cliques. That means less friendliness but also less hostility. In those countries (Russia), people are less polite but truly friendly or truly hostile.



_________________
Check out our new blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
View user's profile Send private message



LovePrivateEye.com



Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

Well that's an interesting observation, ladislav. Tell us more. How did you come to see russia in this way.


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

gmm567 wrote:
Well that's an interesting observation, ladislav. Tell us more. How did you come to see russia in this way.


W: Because if you go to Russia, you will notice it. People are not that courteous. They act out how they feel and don't care if it's rude. Some find that refreshing cause it's more honest. They are also not that private. That's why it's so easy to approach girls there. There's no weird shield or ice barrier between strangers. Girls will start conversations with foreigners sometimes too.



_________________
Check out our new blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

In America it seems like everybody hides in their houses or something! People are so private, it's ridiculous! A lot of people in the US don't even know who their nieghbors are! There is that barrier of ice that surrounds people in the US, so hence the term "breaking the ice." It would be nice if there was no ice to begin with! Very Happy


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

jamesbond wrote:
In America it seems like everybody hides in their houses or something! People are so private, it's ridiculous! A lot of people in the US don't even know who their nieghbors are! There is that barrier of ice that surrounds people in the US, so hence the term "breaking the ice." It would be nice if there was no ice to begin with! Very Happy

That is not how Americans are portrayed in the media. They are actually shown as honest , open , smiling with open doors and lives. And this is how many Oriental people view Americans: the word that they use is open.



_________________
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

ladislav wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
In America it seems like everybody hides in their houses or something! People are so private, it's ridiculous! A lot of people in the US don't even know who their nieghbors are! There is that barrier of ice that surrounds people in the US, so hence the term "breaking the ice." It would be nice if there was no ice to begin with! Very Happy

That is not how Americans are portrayed in the media. They are actually shown as honest , open , smiling with open doors and lives. And this is how many Oriental people view Americans: the word that they use is open.


Yeah, isn't that funny how some countries view American people to be friendly and outgoing and sociable, when in reality it's just the opposite! When Winston was in Russia he met a lot of girls just by being out in public places like cafes and on buses and trains. Try doing that in the US and see how the women respond to you! LOL Very Happy
When a guy strikes up a conversation with a woman on a bus or a train in the US, the woman will look at him like he is a crazy criminal or something! Shocked That's because in America we don't talk to strangers, heck we don't even talk to our neighbors! It would be nice to met hot women in the US on buses, trains and bookstores like you can in Russia, eastern Europe and the Philippines.





View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

Yeah, an American who has a few friends already generally isn't interested in making new friends.

When I graduated and was about to move to Washington, I told a fellow student "Drop by if you're ever in Washington". He told me "Thanks, but I already have friends in Washington". WTF? Mad


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

Quote:

Yeah, isn't that funny how some countries view American people to be friendly and outgoing and sociable, when in reality it's just the opposite! When Winston was in Russia he met a lot of girls just by being out in public places like cafes and on buses and trains. Try doing that in the US and see how the women respond to you! LOL Very Happy
When a guy strikes up a conversation with a woman on a bus or a train in the US, the woman will look at him like he is a crazy criminal or something! Shocked That's because in America we don't talk to strangers, heck we don't even talk to our neighbors! It would be nice to met hot women in the US on buses, trains and bookstores like you can in Russia, eastern Europe and the Philippines.





Well, I grew up in Russia as a kid. I did not like it much as a country but I liked the friends I made with the kids there and how easily people related to each other and how one could just enter and exit groups and become a leader of a group.
Hollywood for years portrayed Russians as these dour, sullen people who do not smile and at the same time made fun of the Japanese fake smile. The only genuine smile seems to be the American one- strange.
Russians do not smile much at strangers and nor do the Brits or Germans. Smiling without a joke being told is not proper.
However, once you get to know the person, they open up very quickly.



_________________
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  



Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Russia, China, India Bypass the Petro... Taco Business, Finance, Taxes, Investments, Cost of Living, etc. 0 Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:06 am View latest post
No new posts How come in Russia u can sit with gir... nicho12 Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics 1 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 am View latest post
No new posts The hottest girl Winston scored in Ru... Winston Russia, Ukraine, Former Soviet Republics 9 Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm View latest post
No new posts China And Russia Threaten To Destroy ... Taco Business, Finance, Taxes, Investments, Cost of Living, etc. 5 Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:48 pm View latest post
No new posts Russia Preparing For Economic Sanctions Taco News and Current Events 12 Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 am View latest post