By the way, even if the US was a true democracy, such a thing is not a perfect system like people believe, even if it were really practiced. Theoretically in a democracy, 51 percent can screw over the other 49 percent. What's to stop that from happening? Who's going to protect the 49 percent? There are flaws in every system. Plus, a democracy assumes that most people are always right.
Europeans criticize America for not having a "proportional voting system" which is more representative of a true democracy.
Most Americans polled feel that they don't have much say in what goes on in government. That says a lot right there.
Happier Abroad Grand Ebook
Meet Foreign Women
"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell