Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.
Exclusive book offer, 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Anyone of you guys get along with your family?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Anyone of you guys get along with your family?

Postby chanta76 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:31 am

I mean granted wanting to live abroad or having way different world views might create conflict in family. Like your parents or sibling or other family members. Do you guys have this problem? And how do you deal with it?
I realize sometimes the world view people have on happier abroad is way different from the masses. Sometimes those views you feel so alone.
chanta76
Frequent Poster

Re: Anyone of you guys get along with your family?

Postby ishwri » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:26 am

yes, my family is dysfunctional. Im overseas now, and I dont really want to deal with my immediate family. Its the fork in the road, either stay in the U.S. with your brainwashed family, that only care about Ipads, stupid TV shows, 9-5 corporate jobs, or go overseas with feminine women and happiness.
ishwri

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 pm

ishwri wrote:yes, my family is dysfunctional. Im overseas now, and I dont really want to deal with my immediate family. Its the fork in the road, either stay in the U.S. with your brainwashed family, that only care about Ipads, stupid TV shows, 9-5 corporate jobs, or go overseas with feminine women and happiness.

Boom Shak-ka-la-ka! AGreed.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Frequent Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:18 am

My family agrees with me on so many levels... my father visited me in the Philippines to see the birth of his first grandchild. We drank with Filipino guys, went sight seeing, had a blast. He made some Filipino friends and told me, he could see himself retiring there in a few years. My mother, likewise, had a great time. However for her retirement she is thinking more along the lines of Spain.

In a way, I have been blessed with a "happier abroad" family. My younger siblings are quite adventurous themselves. They all agree Western Europe and America are, in many ways, toxic. In ten years I can see all of us living abroad, somewhere, probably spread across different countries.

My grandfather, btw, was a naval officer. He traveled the world as a young man. It is his stories of beautiful latina women he danced with and African safari's he went on that got me into traveling, when I was a teenager.
MarcosZeitola
Frequent Poster

Postby Yohan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:40 am

chanta76 wrote:I mean granted wanting to live abroad or having way different world views might create conflict in family. Like your parents or sibling or other family members. Do you guys have this problem? And how do you deal with it?
I realize sometimes the world view people have on happier abroad is way different from the masses. Sometimes those views you feel so alone.

I never had this problem. I felt alone and rejected in Europe, but never in Asia. About family members, they never cared about me, even were acting against me, and I never missed them during the last 40 years. Most of them who made my life rather difficult and unhappy in Europe are now dead, but whatever, I have no connection with them.
Yohan
Frequent Poster

Return to Questions and Advice