Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101, Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How do I renew my US drivers license overseas?

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: zboy1, fschmidt, jamesbond

How do I renew my US drivers license overseas?

Postby Winston » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:43 am

From my dad:

Dear Win,

Our tenant mailed us some mails from US. There are 2 mails need your attention right away.

1). Your driver license will be expired on 3/10/2010. You can renew it through internet www.dot.wa.gov. You will need your license #, your SSN and credit card to renew it. The renewal fee is $25.

2). A letter from Citi credit card that they will charge an annual fee of $60 effective April 1st. Do you really need your Citi card and paying $60 for it? You can call 1-866-915-9425 to close your card. I highly recommend you do that.

Please remember to move around. Do not sit down especially right after meal.

Love,
Dad

So I can renew my drivers license online? If so, how do I get it? Will they send it to me overseas? Anyone do this before?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Special Offer for HA Members! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Our Other Forums: Ladies Forum , Paranormal Forum

Follow Us

Postby Travel Dude » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Winston, when I was in Peru, New York State (where I lived before) would not allow me to renew my drivers license being that I was living overseas and I was no longer a resident of the state (because I was out of NY for more than 6 months). I am sure most states are like that.
Travel Dude

Postby Winston » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Well I already renewed it online and they already sent it to me.

How do you tell the US government that you live overseas though or set your status as an Expatriate?

I mean, what if you get a jury duty notice or fail to pay for Obama's new healthcare plan? How do you exempt yourself from those things?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Jackal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:26 am

Winston wrote:I mean, what if you get a jury duty notice

You write a letter to the judge who is in charge of the court which summoned you and explain to him or her that you are living overseas now. There is something that says you can get out of jury duty if you can prove that it creates "undo hardship" for you. Living half-way around the world or being busy with university classes are good excuses.

Winston wrote: fail to pay for Obama's new healthcare plan? How do you exempt yourself from those things?

Eh, I don't follow US news. What are you talking about? Isn't this just part of the taxes Americans have to pay (if they have to pay them)?
Jackal
Frequent Poster

Obama's healthcare

Postby milltime15 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:53 am

Hey Winston, I wouldn't worry about paying taxes on any healthcare plan...I am sure which ever country you are living in now has been providing your healthcare for free.
milltime15

Postby milltime15 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:17 am

And Travel Dude! I grew up in Plattsburgh, NY!!
milltime15

Return to Questions and Advice