Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why do I love this website ?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Why do I love this website ?

Postby rome86 » December 23rd, 2010, 10:30 pm

As a foreign student living in the US, I love this website.Why do you love it here ? (including the chairman winston)
for me I would say there are everybody here ( all races, all ages even gender). There are so many wise guys. It is amazing
it is marvelous,C'est magnifique
keep it going ... :wink:
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 194
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 10:42 pm




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Why do I love this website ?

Postby Rock » December 24th, 2010, 4:31 am

rome86 wrote:As a foreign student living in the US, I love this website.Why do you love it here ? (including the chairman winston)
for me I would say there are everybody here ( all races, all ages even gender). There are so many wise guys. It is amazing
it is marvelous,C'est magnifique
keep it going ... :wink:


Wise guys as in made men. Those who have permanently relocated abroad are members of the "Happier Abroad Mafia". So Winston must be the Godfather, lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4225
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:16 pm

Postby Winston » December 24th, 2010, 6:35 am

LOL.

Well since no one does what I say here, I'm probably more like an organizer, or the guy who lit the fuse that allowed other guys to come out and band together on these issues.

I think the reason we seem "wise" here is because we boldly tell truths that other people consider too politically incorrect and taboo to talk about or are in denial about it, or just don't want to see. In that sense, we are "free" in mind and speech, and that is a form of wisdom that is refreshing to other "liberated types".

I appreciate your appreciation anyway. And happy holidays to you.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24542
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby NorthAmericanguy » December 27th, 2010, 6:10 am

I love this website because I can tell that the most of the people on here are smarter and more knowledgeable then me. I always surround myself with people who know more then me so I can keep learning and become a better person.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: November 1st, 2010, 4:16 am

Postby Winston » December 28th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Another thing that makes us different from the mainstream is that we don't care about what others think. We aren't afraid of looking like losers either.

You see, mainstream people do not care if what we say here is true or not. Truth does not impress mainstream people (like it does us). They care more about looking good to others and not like losers. Looking good, making money and having a stable life are their top priorities, not truth. If their priorities conflict with truth, then truth will be tossed out. We care more about truth though, and not what others think. And we do not worry about looking like losers either.

Those are key ways that we are different from the mainstream. Some will find that refreshing, while others will see that as "weird, odd and loser-like".
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 24542
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 2:16 pm

Postby rome86 » December 30th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Winston wrote:Another thing that makes us different from the mainstream is that we don't care about what others think. We aren't afraid of looking like losers either.

You see, mainstream people do not care if what we say here is true or not. Truth does not impress mainstream people (like it does us). They care more about looking good to others and not like losers. Looking good, making money and having a stable life are their top priorities, not truth. If their priorities conflict with truth, then truth will be tossed out. We care more about truth though, and not what others think. And we do not worry about looking like losers either.

Those are key ways that we are different from the mainstream. Some will find that refreshing, while others will see that as "weird, odd and loser-like".


Why do americans seem so uptight ? they do not do jokes about themselves, they are very proud. That is why everything here is professional, business related.
Dating a woman here is like having a job interview. :D
hello
rome86
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 194
Joined: March 30th, 2010, 10:42 pm

Postby jamesbond » December 30th, 2010, 11:53 pm

rome86 wrote:Why do americans seem so uptight ? they do not do jokes about themselves, they are very proud. That is why everything here is professional, business related.
Dating a woman here is like having a job interview. :D


The culture in the US is a business like culture. People tend to be uptight, stiff and anti-social, it's the way we are raised. Work is the centerpiece of most people's lives in the US. The first question a person asks you in America is, "what do you do for a living?" Most people in the US don't talk to their neighbors, some people don't even know who their neighbors are!

The only way to meet women in America is through your friends. They need the approaval of their friends in order to meet a guy! Strange social conditions indeed here in the United Anti-Social States of America! lol :lol:
User avatar
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 8000
Joined: August 25th, 2007, 6:45 pm
Location: USA


Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests