View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Welcome to the Ladies Forum! Some Basic Rules

Announcements and site updates.

Welcome to the Ladies Forum! Some Basic Rules

Postby Winston » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:41 am

Hello! Welcome to the new Ladies Forum on HappierAbroad. Hope you like the pink and sky blue theme. :)

Anyway, just to let you know, the reason this forum was created was because:

1) Our main forum, although great, primarily revolved around men's issues. Thus, women were not inclined to post there as they did not feel they had a place.
2) There is a lot of women bashing on the main forum. So obviously, women are not going to feel inclined to join and participate in that.
3) When women did join and participate, major personality conflicts ensued with the male members. In fact, some of the male members did not even want them around.

Thus the only sensible solution was to create a separate forum for the ladies that revolved around their issues and perspectives. This it the only way we could expand our movement to include both genders, without causing any personality conflicts like what occurred on the main forum. So that's the background story behind it.

Now that's not to say that ladies can only post here and not in the main forum. Ladies are always welcome there too (officially that is). They should just be aware that that forum revolves primarily around men's issues. Likewise, this isn't exactly a "ladies only" forum either. Gentlemen are allowed here, as long as they are aware that this forum revolves around women's issues and perspectives, and that they should not be here to bash women.

Anyhow, the basic rules here are simple:

1) Be civil and respectful to others. Just exercise basic civility. With most of you, that shouldn't be a problem.
2) No posting of obscene content, photos or videos. Also no photos or videos of violence or graphic content. (Google has begun penalizing images and videos with violent content in them.)
3) Please do not come here to bash women. If you want to do that, go to the other forum (the link is at the top).

Also please note: If you are one of the members of the main forum who opposed the creation of this new forum, then please DO NOT register here. We do not need unnecessary trouble or friction as we had in the main forum.

At this point, there is no moderator yet. But I will try to find one.

If you have any questions, let me know, or post them below.

A few things to note:

To set your preferences, signature, avatar, etc. click on the "User Control Panel" link at the top when you are logged in.

To post images here, enter the image URL between these tags:

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.domainname.com/imagename.jpg[/img]

To embed YouTube videos, wrap the YouTube tags between the YouTube URL like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvZSdCTcS-A[/youtube]

Note: In this version of phpbb, you have to post the shortest version of the YouTube URL like in the above example. If there is a "&=related" or "&list=" after it, you have to remove it, otherwise the video will not embed. Use the simplest YouTube URL as in the above. You can also use the YouTube button at the top of the post forum to wrap the tags after highlighting the URL.

Also, when posting the YouTube URL, the first part must be written like this "http://" not "https://". The "s" in it will cause the embed tag to not work for some reason.

To embed Vimeo videos, wrap the number of the video itself (not the full URL) between these tags like this:

[vimeo]1234567[/vimeo]

You also use the Vimeo tag button at the top.

At this point, the Google video tags don't seem to work for some reason.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Happy Posting!

Winston
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my HappierAbroad Calling Card Shop.

Seeking a foreign partner? See these Top International Dating Sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the Ladies Forum! Some Basic Rules

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:24 am

Winston - Will you be creating a topic for suggestions or to report a problem?
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Winston » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:55 pm

NinjaPuppy wrote:Winston - Will you be creating a topic for suggestions or to report a problem?

Yes, there is a suggestions board at the bottom of the forum. Maybe I will change it to "Suggestions/Report a Problem".
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my HappierAbroad Calling Card Shop.

Seeking a foreign partner? See these Top International Dating Sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Believe it or not, I just found a whole bunch of topics that I didn't even know existed. It's not easy going from Moderator controls back to the Member controls. It's like learning all over again. :lol:
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Return to Announcements