View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Discuss general topics that don't fit into the other boards.

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby BellaRuth » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:28 pm


If you post a profile with your picture on a popular dating site like PlentyofFish or OkCupid or Match.com, for example, you will get MANY responses a day from guys who are interested in you.

But try putting up a profile of an average to decent looking guy on there, and see how many responses you get.

The difference will be staggering. I promise you, if you do the experiment, you will see what I mean.


I agree. I've had this happen to me on Interpals- 20 messages a day. I had to take my photos down in order to practise my languages.

Does this example mean men have the short straw? No.

For me, it's simple. If I joined a dating site, I'd be looking for a relationship. I'd be really careful. I wouldn't just message all the guys I see. I'd be hesitant, take my time, read their profiles, try to figure out what they're about, feel nervous about meeting them in real life and hope they're not faking anything. Most of all I'd be hoping they don't end up fooling me in order to get laid.

A man would look at my photo and think it's worth a go, he might get sex out of it. He doesn't care if I'm lying about what I do in my spare time. He's not going to have the same reservations. He's not going to care if the woman is interested in his favourite subject or if she wants kids one day, and he's not going to be on guard quite so much.

Two different mindsets, so two different outcomes.

Of course you get the women who are happy to have casual relationships and the men who are really trying to find a decent woman. But still the way they approach dating profiles are different. It's like a scientific experiment with an orange and an apple- of course you're not going to get equal results. That can't prove anything.

If you're an ugly girl you won't get so much attention, and if you're a good-looking man you'll be inundated. That goes without saying.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm






Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:37 pm


Bella, the reason why you don't know women who engage in the things that I mentioned is because you don't have to approach women. And if you don't do those things yourself, good for you but that's not the experience of a lot of men. You have to put yourself in other people's shoes.

Trust me, it's not a misunderstanding between the sexes, and many guys will say the same. We have a very different point of view to yours, so we see things that maybe you don't.

Being approached really isn't a novelty for women. When I say approach, what I really mean is signs of interest. It could be a guy smiling at you a lot when serving you, or looking at you in a bar, or any number of little experiences that we guys rarely get, and which therefore are a novelty to us. But it's not a novelty to you. Maybe you're so used to it that you don't see it anymore.

Women are more picky and entitled than men. Way more. That is a fact. Go to any dating site. I see it every day. A lot of women's checklists are not nice chap, etc, it's nothing like that. I've seen it. And the behaviour of western women on dating sites is despicable compared to the ton of filipinas that I chat to. It's night and day.

I don't want to be arrogant, but I think it's important for me to say that I have a ton of great qualities. And yet, I am not successful with women. Because I know that the problem is not me, and because I observe shitty behaviour from women, that's more than I need to know to be absolutely sure that the problem isn't me. If it was all as easy as you make out, it wouldn't be like that.

Western women are a waste of time. They're complete failures as women and I pity any guy who gets involved with them. I don't even look at them any more, I literally look away when I walk past them, and I keep my eyes open for foreign looking females. Don't be offended by that. If it doesn't apply to you, don't worry about it.

You really need to open your eyes to this stuff. There's a lot of anger which you're not seeing. Personally I'll never make the mistake of doing anything drastic like disregarding all women, but the truth has to be acknowledged.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:42 pm


Also, Bella, I challenge you to do this :

Create a fake profile on OKCupid. A man. Find a picture of a nerdy / low status looking guy, write a regular-ish looking profile, contact a load of females, and watch what happens.

Do the same with a tattooed, muscular, wealthy guy.

Do the same with a very average looking woman, and a not very interesting profile.

And read some women's profiles. See if you get a good vibe from them.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby q7677 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:41 pm


BellaRuth wrote:
This isn't my personal experience. I don't know anyone who insists, for instance, that a man needs to be rich or 6 foot tall (seriously?!).


Well, you would be surprised how many women insist on this (well, some are "softer": they require at least 5'8''). They might not be "demanding" it openly, but they will easily reject you on that. I agree that "rich seeking" is a trashy behavior - but nevertheless, enough women do it for it to be noticeable. They wouldn't always say it directly, but you can see how they are attracted to rich guys. They just feel like they are entitled to a rich or a tall guy, for no reason other than they want to.

Anyway, these are just examples of the "requirements". The point is that women have recently become to feel entitled to a man who meets all their caprices and requirements regardless of what they themselves bring to the table.
What I mean is: on average, there is about the same number of men and women. It is natural that some of the most desirable women will only want to "settle" for the most desirable men (even though it doesn't have to be this way, but it would still be natural). Average men should still expect interest from average women, and so forth. This would keep them relatively happy and make a balanced society. But what we see is that average, or below average, women, still fully feel entitled to an above-average man. (And by "grading", I don't mean just looks - I mean a sum of qualities that would make one desirable). They thing they should not "settle" for anything less. And that leaves average men with no options.

For example: let's say I want a thin tall blonde woman who looks like a model (not that it's my real preference, but for the sake of an example). Given that I am no model myself, when I meet a woman who does not look exactly like I want, but who I am nevertheless attracted to, I would make a compromise. This is only natural. I would not feel like I'm "settling". This is what an average man does and, by logic, this is what an average, or below-average woman would do. But she does not do that. Instead, she feels entitled only to what exactly she wants. Guys constantly approaching her only exacerbates the situation. This boosts her ego and keeps her in this thought process. She thinks nothing of rejecting average men and only wants the top.

The truly sad part is that once in a while, she succeeds. Women are so selective based on their entitlement that even above-average guys think it's a normal course of things to be with a below-average-looking woman with a bad character. You would sometimes see a guy in his late 20s being involved with a single mother 10 years his senior. Guys do this because they have no choice.

I'm just going to have to tell you my honest opinion and leave it at that. I'm completely bemused by this, and can only chalk this up to me not actually being from the same environment. What girl would date a man who is a 'player'- you mean, cheats on her? For me, you must either be talking someone with extreme confidence issues, perhaps also a teenager. What adult woman wants that kind of drama in their life?


Not necessarily someone who cheats on her right away - but someone who clearly is in it just for a one-night stand or something of that sort, who has either looks or talent or both to attract women. Or he would treat women badly and obviously would not have a good relationship with a woman. Contrary to logic, these men tend to attract women everywhere they go, while many normal guys who want stable relationships are rejected. Too many women are attracted to "bad guys", who will later make them miserable. This behavior is self-destructive for women, but it is part of the same trend - women do not feel the need to make an effort in seeing through the facade. By evolution, they may be attracted to someone displaying the qualities of an alpha male. They feel less attracted to a nice guy, and they choose someone they are more attracted to without taking the effort to think.

I wish I could meet you halfway, and don't think I've really added much to this discussion, but I really can't understand where your views come from.


Bella, I wish these views were coming from nowhere. Unfortunately, they come from experience, my own and of many men around me. Everywhere in the US, I keep seeing those average men, desperate, sad, and looking like their life is miserable. I see how they try to connect with any woman they can find, only to face rejection after rejection. Many think it's a normal course of things, and they just remain angry and desperate. They sometimes channel their anger into politics, into people around them. If they are "lucky", they just find somebody - not necessarily someone they would choose to be with if they had a choice. But they may remain in a flawed relationship just because they know that otherwise they'd remain single and desperate for years.

So, to sum up, based on all this it looks like women aren't even beginning to realize how lucky they are. Even the ones who are on this forum, which is already a great leap forward from an average woman, still don't realize what is happening on the other side. Practically any woman in the West can expect to quickly find a man, while only a fraction of men know they can find a woman

To second Johnny, I also feel like I have many good qualities. I am sure I am no model, but the moment I appear in places outside of the western world, I see natural dynamics with women and I see interest from some of them. I don't expect every woman to be interested in me, but I naturally expect that some will. And this does happen in many parts of the world. In the US, however, the experience with 29 women out of 30 is a quick rejection.
I would not say, however, that all western women are "a waste of time". Some do have some great traits, but finding a decent woman here and having a fulfilling relationship has become close to impossible.
q7677
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:37 am

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:55 pm


I agree with q7677 completely.

I don't know if anyone ever watches the Millionaire Matchmaker, but I watch it often, because it's very interesting to see what the millionaires are looking for. It's true that the men are a little bit picky themselves, but they're not that bad (except for a few). The women on the other hand are absolutely ridiculous, a complete joke. There was one who went on a date, and everything was going well at first, but then for some reason she ended up spending the rest of the date talking about herself. The guy didn't appreciate that, but he expressed it with class. The woman, when Patti Stanger (the matchmaker) asked her what went wrong, couldn't admit that she fucked up. Then she went on another date. She hired out a theatre for the sole purpose of her and her date to watch a 10 minute presentation about her, and what she does. The guy looked embarrassed. Then,they had dinner. He mentioned what she did, and said that it wasn't cool. Again, she couldn't admit that she fucked up. There are other examples if you watch the show.

Women are fucked up. They're entitled, too picky, and narcissistic. They miss out on decent enough guys because they're always looking for the best of the best, presumably because they're "worth it", as the advert told them. They're a lost cause. I'm talking mainly about western women, not all of them, but so many of them that it is noticeable, and it's a pattern that we see all the time. It's like a quiet cancer eating away at everyone's dating possibilities. And that's why some men have had enough. Some are ignoring all women altogether (i.e. MGTOW), while others are ignoring western women and going elsewhere or looking for foreign women locally. Western women need to wake up. Enough of the shaming. At the end of the day, more men are waking up, and more men are losing interest in western women. If this carries on, western women will just grow old alone while western men continue to vote with their feet and find quality elsewhere.

These women think they have the power. But what will they do as more men walk away from them?
Last edited by Johnny1975 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:05 pm


Bella, let me tell you about a date that I went on last year.

We chatted online for a few days. Everything went well, the conversation was very interesting and there was a nice vibe between us. Then we met and had a drink. Everything went well. She seemed to like me, I made her laugh a lot, we flirted a lot, chatted about various things, even the silences were comfortable. We also kissed. Then she wanted to go to another bar, which we did. Again, it went well.

When I got home I was expecting a text or whatever saying thanks for a good night. Instead I got nothing. So I texted her, and I mentioned something about next time. She replied saying there won't be a next time, sorry. A couple of days later I emailed her to try to find out what was the matter. At first she said that we're not suitable for each other. But I carried on emailing her to see if I could somehow change her mind.

At one point I said something about meeting (I didn't say it directly, I just made a joke which implied that we should meet), and her response was along the lines of "I can't for a few days because of (whatever reason)". Anyone would take that as a "Yes, ok, you've persuaded me". But then, again, after I tried to confirm, she said no. So basically she was very friendly when emailing me, and it got very chatty and I thought she was going to change her mind. Instead, she (almost certain knowingly, unless she's totally stupid) led me on. She was a total waste of time.

I did everything right. And I looked good. There were no major fuckups on my part. And yet, that was the result. A good looking guy, confident (but not overly so) body language, lots of interesting chat, lots of laughter, flirting, and kissing. There's more to what happened but nothing which should rightly make any difference.

That's western women.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:13 pm


It's pretty much women in general. From what you tell us, your date went well, but obviously she felt no chemistry. That's why people go through the motions of dating. It sounds like she gave it a good shot but it just didn't click. While I will agree that there are women who use dates for free food and drinks or to take up some down time, a one shot deal is always pretty much no more than a crap shoot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:14 am


I give up. I'm starting to think that this forum was a bad idea. The vast majority of women (western women at least) will never understand, and I don't find the thought of constantly explaining the obvious very appealing. Life is too short for this.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:39 am


Johnny1975 wrote:I give up. I'm starting to think that this forum was a bad idea. The vast majority of women (western women at least) will never understand, and I don't find the thought of constantly explaining the obvious very appealing. Life is too short for this.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. We Western women do understand, trust me....we really, really do. We just don't feel a need to conform to someone else's idea of perfection. I've always liked the saying, "You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find a prince". In that same mindset, you princes have to travel around the kingdom with a glass slipper, looking for your princess.

Dating is a minefield we all have to navigate through if we want to find a partner to make us happy. No one should ever feel that they have to settle for less than what they want in a relationship or in their future mate. It's being able to survive the process of finding that person that make this possible.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:48 am


Johnny:

We have a very different point of view to yours, so we see things that maybe you don't.


Of course. This goes both ways, though.

Women are more picky and entitled than men. Way more. That is a fact. Go to any dating site. I see it every day. A lot of women's checklists are not nice chap, etc, it's nothing like that. I've seen it.


It's not my personal experience that women have these big tough checklists to fulfil. All I can be is honest. I don't have an agenda. I actually would rather agree with you. But on this, we disagree- no problem. We have different backgrounds and know different people.

I'm not saying you're lying.

I'm also not saying men have it easy, or that women have it difficult.

I was just asked if I personally think women are luckier in the dating scene, and my honest opinion is- not necessarily. Luck to me is getting what you want. Do women get what they want when they get lots of sexual requests from men? Not really. We are different creatures looking for different outcomes. As I'm trying to see through a man's eyes, try to see from a woman's eyes. She won't judge her success at dating by how many men are willing to have sex with her.

I think a lot of your opinions come from the online dating scene where people act differently. Women get lots of casual requests online because it's a more comfortable way for men to contact them. You should see some of the rubbish I had to read on InterPals despite it not being a dating site and me stating very clearly that I'm not looking for a relationship. This lead to me ignoring the vast majority of messages I received and adjusting my profile so that only certain people could contact me. Then I took off my profile picture completely. Does this mean I'm unapproachable and unfriendly in real life? No. The internet and real life are dealt with completely differently by people.

As an aside, 99% of the offers I received were from non-Western and very non-feminist countries, so it doesn't necessarily hold up that when men are chasing women they are desperate, hungry and oppressed. It's just the way things are between men and women, it's the nature of the game.

Just because a woman gets more sexual offers online doesn't mean she is lucky, although a man would see that as lucky. A woman would measure luck/success online differently. She has to be more picky and wary online because that's how the world works. Look at the animal kingdom where the males display and court the females. It's just how things are, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with Western women being spoilt princesses or women having it easy. Dating can be just as frustrating for women. Also, women tend to feel more vulnerable, they'd be more picky with a man online than a man would be with a woman. Even if a man thinks a woman is a bit nuts, if she's hot he might still meet up with her for a one night stand. A woman wouldn't do that, she'd be more careful.

So, you see, all this is not as simple as it might seem.

Also, Bella, I challenge you to do this :

Create a fake profile on OKCupid. A man. Find a picture of a nerdy / low status looking guy, write a regular-ish looking profile, contact a load of females, and watch what happens.

Do the same with a tattooed, muscular, wealthy guy.

Do the same with a very average looking woman, and a not very interesting profile.

And read some women's profiles. See if you get a good vibe from them.


That's already been brought up. I'm not denying a woman would get more offers than a man. I'm saying that I don't think it actually means anything when it comes to women being luckier than men with dating. We measure 'luck' differently in this aspect. You're only measuring it from a man's point of view.

I've not heard of the Millionaire Matchmaker so I won't comment on that. And the rest of your post regarding Western women feeling entitled doesn't really contain anything I can discuss as it's all hyperbole. So I'll move onto:

Bella, let me tell you about a date that I went on last year...

...she (almost certain knowingly, unless she's totally stupid) led me on. She was a total waste of time.

I did everything right. And I looked good. There were no major fuckups on my part. And yet, that was the result.


I'm sorry to hear what happened with your date.

But at the end of the day, it was just a bad date, and everyone experiences those, whether they are men or women. There's plently of women who have these kind of stories to tell.

You're adding 2 and 2 to make 5. You saying that because you're a good guy worthy of a relationship, which I have no doubt about, and because the girl you dated seemed to like you but then didn't want to pursue anything, therefore it proves Western women are arrogant, entitled, lucky, narcissistic, etc.

If you step back a little bit and seperate your hurt from the actual facts you'll see that it's a bit of a leap.

A few things off the top of my head that could have happened without knowing anything about her or the date:

- Maybe she decided she wasn't ready for a relationship. She could have just got out of one, wants some time on her own for a myriad of reasons, is considering moving away, etc.

- Maybe someone else was pursuing her, she's changed her mind and decided to go with the other guy. Maybe he's no richer, better-looking or nicer than you, she just knew him before, feels more chemistry with him, anything.

- Maybe you're right and she is a complete headcase who went out with you just for the kick she got out of playing with your emotions and is currently boiling a rabbit. Doubtful, because she tried to be polite and honest with you afterwards and obviously gave you a bit more consideration.

I don't think she'd feel like she led you on. It sounds like she did like you at the time, and was considering it, but in the end decided not to continue. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong. It's life!

I give up. I'm starting to think that this forum was a bad idea. The vast majority of women (western women at least) will never understand, and I don't find the thought of constantly explaining the obvious very appealing. Life is too short for this.


I'm sorry you feel like that because I enjoyed talking to you about it. I find discussing this fun and interesting. I am always willing to change my opinions and I am happy to admit that I am often wrong about things. I've changed my views many times in my life. I am here because I am very happy to go through the process of learning and the possibility of being wrong. At present I don't agree that women are in general luckier than men when it comes to dating. That's not so bad, though, is it? It doesn't mean I think you're lying, that I think women need more sympathy, or that men just complain too much. It just means we are seeing things differently, and after all women and men have been struggling to understand each other since the dawn of time.

Your turn, q7677!

Average men should still expect interest from average women, and so forth. This would keep them relatively happy and make a balanced society. But what we see is that average, or below average, women, still fully feel entitled to an above-average man. (And by "grading", I don't mean just looks - I mean a sum of qualities that would make one desirable). They thing they should not "settle" for anything less. And that leaves average men with no options.


You would sometimes see a guy in his late 20s being involved with a single mother 10 years his senior. Guys do this because they have no choice.


Contrary to logic, [bad] men tend to attract women everywhere they go, while many normal guys who want stable relationships are rejected. Too many women are attracted to "bad guys", who will later make them miserable.


Can't relate as I often see average couples, frequently see beautiful women with average men, and have never yet seen your example of the guy in his late 20s.

The thing about 'bad guys' just completely bemuses me. No one I know would touch a man like that with a bargepole. Cheating, treating women badly in general, only interested in sex- that's what girls screen for, to ensure to the best of their ability they won't be stuck with a man like that. I feel like you're from a different planet. I know you're not lying, but I'm just confused.

I might have stumbled across the reason why, though.

Although we are both in Western countries and dislike the effects of feminism, that still leaves a lot of room for differences in culture. You'd never say that a girl from Paris and a girl from Idaho would have the exact same experiences, or a girl from Berlin and a girl from Sydney, so perhaps this man from *quick stalk* New York City can't entirely agree on this Celtic village girl on everything regarding dating culture.

Of course we are still all negatively affected by feminism etc., but it makes sense that these effects would rear their head in different ways.

I'm going to leave you with a bit of 'evidence' that what I've seen is different to you. According to what you said, all these would be very usual in NYC. I'm not saying it's better here, just that the dynamics are different. We have our problems that might not exist where you live.

- I am with a 5 foot 7 guy from Colombia who is a good few years older than me, doesn't even earn minimum wage and I'm probably going to end up marrying him. He is very happy with this Western girl, and I love him to bits!

- One of my friends is a very tall ex-model who is in a long-term relationship with a man from a developing country, 5 ft 7 in height at the very most, 15 years older than her, has two kids from his previous marriage and she absolutely adores him. He is also having trouble finding a job. To be honest, he's unattractive. But he's a nice, decent person, quiet, thoughtful and creative.

- I don't think I've been directly approached more than 5 times in my entire life. There's a chance I missed smiles, hints, glances, etc., but I have no idea about that.

- I know more single, desperate women than I do single men. I'm actually trying to think if I know any male without a girlfriend who wants one. I think they're all either in relationships or enjoying 'the single life' while they're young. I do know plenty of girls, however, who are dreaming of finding a boyfriend, going on dating sites, joining clubs, trying to get introduced to men by friends, and getting nowhere.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:40 pm


"It's not my personal experience that women have these big tough checklists to fulfil."

I've already said that it's the experience of myself and of many other men. Why do you insist on saying that it's not your experience or that you don't know anyone like that? Am I asking you if it's your experience? No, I am not. Are you a man? No. Do you approach women? No.


"All I can be is honest."

Who said you weren't being honest about your opinion? Do you say that at the end of every single sentence, or just the ones that you want to really try to add credibility to?






On a literal level, you have just said 2 pointless thing right there. On the surface, they make no sense because they are both moot points. But translated from womanspeak, it could be that what you're really saying is "Yeah right, Johnny. Look, I know what I'm talking about, I'm a woman, and if what you're saying is true, I would have noticed and acknowledged it. But I haven't, so it's not, and I don't care how many people say the same thing to me".

I haven't even read the rest of your post yet. And I don't know if there's any point. If this is how women here are going to respond to the facts that are being pointed out to them, this forum isn't going to go down well.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:57 pm


Oh Johnny, Johnny, Johny! Thank you for being open and honest with us women.

Johnny1975 wrote:"It's not my personal experience that women have these big tough checklists to fulfil."

I've already said that it's the experience of myself and of many other men. Why do you insist on saying that it's not your experience or that you don't know anyone like that? Am I asking you if it's your experience? No, I am not. Are you a man? No. Do you approach women? No.

Does spewing vitrol like this make you feel like a man? Are you looking for answers about women or are you looking for women to agree with your every word?



Johnny1975 wrote:"All I can be is honest."

Who said you weren't being honest about your opinion? Do you say that at the end of every single sentence, or just the ones that you want to really try to add credibility to?

Perhaps she's just trying to be honest? But doing it with tact and diplomacy so as not to upset your obviously delicate sensibilities on the subject.


Johnny1975 wrote:On a literal level, you have just said 2 pointless thing right there. On the surface, they make no sense because they are both moot points.

Nothing said here is pointless. Did you ever consider that commentary might be important to someone other than yourself? This is a public forum and it's not all about YOU. If you don't get the answer that your are looking for, then may I suggest that you consider rephrasing your words as we are also not mind readers.

Johnny1975 wrote:But translated from womanspeak, it could be that what you're really saying is "Yeah right, Johnny. Look, I know what I'm talking about, I'm a woman, and if what you're saying is true, I would have noticed and acknowledged it. But I haven't, so it's not, and I don't care how many people say the same thing to me".

Can you please explain this?

Johnny1975 wrote:I haven't even read the rest of your post yet. And I don't know if there's any point. If this is how women here are going to respond to the facts that are being pointed out to them, this forum isn't going to go down well.

Johnny, I can't speak for any other person on the forum but myself but it seems that this forum is going well. So far, so good.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby BellaRuth » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:05 pm


I've already said that it's the experience of myself and of many other men. Why do you insist on saying that it's not your experience or that you don't know anyone like that? Am I asking you if it's your experience? No, I am not. Are you a man? No. Do you approach women? No.

Who said you weren't being honest about your opinion? Do you say that at the end of every single sentence, or just the ones that you want to really try to add credibility to?


It's obvious to me now that I have completely misunderstood you.

I thought if you decided to post a question on here to discuss something with me (and any other members), you were interested in, and open to, hearing my response.

I didn't realise you just wanted to rant and to receive nothing but agreement and sympathy or I would have spent my time elsewhere.

You came here of your own accord to ask for a woman's opinion on the subject, therefore I shared my thoughts and experiences with you. I was willing to consider your words and points in depth, think about them throughout the day and write out my responses carefully in order to have an enjoyable discussion with you. That's what I thought it was, and I thought you was an intelligent and considerate man who wanted to talk about what I consider to be very interesting topics.

It's a mark of my extreme disappointment that I'm even replying to you now. I was pretty excited about having the opportunity to talk about these things. Now I just feel incredibly naive for being willing to have such a high opinion of you and to spend my time engaging with you.

Translated from womanspeak, it could be that what you're really saying is "Yeah right, Johnny. Look, I know what I'm talking about, I'm a woman, and if what you're saying is true, I would have noticed and acknowledged it. But I haven't, so it's not, and I don't care how many people say the same thing to me".


Far off. Allow me to translate for you. It's not 'womanspeak', by the way, it's just English, but you're obviously not accustomed to using it two-way.

I was saying: 'In response to your question, I personally don't think women are necessarily the lucky gender in dating, because of this, this and this'.

You should have made it clear the title of the thread was just a rhetorial question to vent your emotions and we could have both got on with more useful things.

I haven't even read the rest of your post yet. And I don't know if there's any point. If this is how women here are going to respond to the facts that are being pointed out to them, this forum isn't going to go down well.


There's no longer any point in reading what else I wrote.

It would probably be a good idea for you to return to the main forum where you are more comfortable.
When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:41 am


I think that this is the thread that Johnny1975 wants me to come back to for further discussion. In order to do that, I'd have to go back to the OP:
Johnny1975 wrote:Do you know how lucky you are not to have the problems that we have, when it comes to dating? What do you think of the main site and forum?

A lovely response was received and I'll stick my 'western bitch' neck out and add that the reply was taken as not so lovely. This thread went downhill from there. :lol:

Now back to a much better response:
Johnny1975 wrote:Bella, dating should be straightforward and natural. But we have to put up with bitch shields, cockblocking, and flaking.

We women deal with this as well.
Johnny1975 wrote:Because we are the pursuers, we don't have as many options as you do. Opportunities to meet women don't just fall on our laps, usually. So when we get one, we try not to mess it up.

Renata made an excellent case for this in her rebuttal. Now for the western bitch mindset: Because men are the persuers, the world is their oyster. The only thing that holds a man back from approaching a woman is in his own mind. Now I will say that many women seem 'unapproachable' for some reason unknown to the male. We are all capable of it and being flakey needs to be defined as it may be different from culture to culture but in the context, I will agree that western women are flakey.

Johnny1975 wrote:Therefore we don't do those things (flaking, etc). Women abuse their position of (apparent) power by playing games to boost their egos. All of this can apply to all women in general, but even more so with western women, because they are generally bitchier, and nastier, and less appreciative of male company, as well as less able to relate to the opposite sex.

Eh, I don't really know about this. Yes, western women can certainly be everything that Johnny claims if they so decide but I think that as Johnny1975 said, ANY woman can pull these traits out if necessary. Is it more so with western women? Probably. A good portion of us do expect to be treated like a princess. Why shouldn't we hold out for a man who feels that we are HIS princess? It's the only way to find a man who is truly our prince.

Johnny1975 wrote:When I ask about the main forum, I'm asking what you make of the general opinions that people there have about western females.

Since I am a Mod for one of Winston's other forums, I have been stopping by since day one and checking it out. Mostly to see what Winston is up to and how he's doing. Some of what I read is amusing and some of it requires brain bleach. :shock:
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
User avatar
NinjaPuppy
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: Women : Are you aware of how lucky you are?

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:44 pm


Ninjapuppy, this is everything that you have just said :



Women deal with bitch shields, cockblocking, and flaking.

Because it is men who are the pursuers, the world is their oyster.

The only thing that holds a man back from approaching a woman is his own mind.

Many women seem unapproachable for reasons unknown to the male.

You agree that western women are flakey.

Any woman can pull the traits that I mentioned (bitchiness, nastiness, unappreciative of male company, unable to relate to the opposite sex). You agree that it's probably more so with western women.

A good portion of you western women expect to be treated like a princess. Expecting that treatment is the only way to find a man who is truly your prince.

You have a low opinion of the views expressed on the main forum.



I'm not going to address any of that, I just wanted to clearly lay out all those things which you have said. I'd be quite interested in knowing what the members of the main forum (of which this is but an extension) make of it.
Johnny1975
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron