View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

I need your two cents worth

Discuss dating, relationships and meeting foreign men.

Re: I need your two cents worth

Postby Ava Paige » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 am

NinjaPuppy wrote:
Ava Paige wrote:
Renata wrote:I've never been in a relationship or dated a guy who was dating other girls. When did that become normal?? WTF!? That would be a sad, confusing & stressful experience.

I agree. That kind of relationship is just unhealthy. I despise womanizers. They make women feel bad about themselves. I hope my man is not like that. :?

But that is the basic description of 'dating'. Going on 'dates' is how we get to know each other. It's a social thing that gives us some insight about the other person. Being 'exclusive' is taking that relationship to the next step. Why would you want to be in a situation that requires you to be exclusive (socially not intimately) to one person when you are looking for a mate?

Not to mention that if the guy is serious about you, he will be quicker to make sure that you are exclusive if he thinks that there is a chance that you might meet someone else. Men tend to be lazy about this sort of thing if there's nothing standing in his way.

So you think I should give him a challenge then? Like, date other guys and keep my distance from him?
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Ava Paige

Postby Renata » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:47 pm

^ Don't play games everything will get messy & confusing. Be straightfoward.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Ava Paige wrote:So you think I should give him a challenge then? Like, date other guys and keep my distance from him?

No, trying to control a situation never works out well. If you're considering dating others, then that does say something about the state of the relationship however. If he doesn't seem to be filling your idea of a good mate, then just move on.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Ava Paige » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Thanks for the advice, everyone! It helped me a lot in deciding how to feel and what to do. So now I'll just probably go with the flow. He's been good to me anyway. I just hope everything turns out great between us. :)
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus.
Ava Paige

Previous

Return to Dating, Relationships, Meeting Foreign Men