View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Why do American women fear dating foreign men?

Discuss dating, relationships and meeting foreign men.

Why do American women fear dating foreign men?

Postby lovelybunny » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:40 am

I mean, MANY foreign men are great. It's not as bad as you think. Why don't more women try it? As long as you stay away from abusive cultures where they're too religious(like in the Mideast), you should be fine.
lovelybunny

Re: Why do American women fear dating foreign men?

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:48 am

Hey bunny,

I don't think women fear foreign men, they fear the culture differences and all the drama it brings with it sometimes.

Middleeastern men are not abusive, some can be though. Thses men are accustomed to being waited upon, taken care of & being in charge of everything. They are quite spoilt men, so they are temperamental, hot blooded & have short tempers. Just like Kings.
Renata

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:48 am

lovelybunny wrote:I mean, MANY foreign men are great. It's not as bad as you think. Why don't more women try it? As long as you stay away from abusive cultures where they're too religious(like in the Mideast), you should be fine.

Foreign or domestic, it all comes down to finding the right man for you. And the same goes for you men, you have to find that same lady.

Expanding your choices never hurts the process.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:44 am

It could be that they're afraid of having their bubble burst. Women in western countries are very entitled, so the thought of being in a situation where things are as they should be can be daunting.

Renata, I don't think men and women should be treated equally. Women should have an attitude of wanting to serve a man. The roles are too much in reverse in western countries, to the point that men are unattractive weaklings who dare not say the wrong thing. It's unnatural.
Johnny1975

Postby Renata » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:05 am

Johnny1975 wrote:Renata, I don't think men and women should be treated equally. Women should have an attitude of wanting to serve a man. The roles are too much in reverse in western countries, to the point that men are unattractive weaklings who dare not say the wrong thing. It's unnatural.

Johnny a lot of women don't mind taking care of their family ... you see you're a western man & you've used the word 'serve' unconciuosly like it's a chore or something to cook & clean & care for a family. It is an act of love. Western world has made these things to be degrading for a woman to do, but it's so important. Here's why ..:

Cooking promotes Health, Nutrition and well being ... which mother doesn't want a heathy happy baby, husband & children?
Cleaning is being hygenic & sanitary .. my baby used to crawl & roll all over the house, so I had to take care.
Renata

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:13 am

No, I'm using the word serve in the same way that you're using it. I don't know what gave you the impression that I meant it as a chore.

I'm spanish. I live in the UK but my brain is spanish. I don't class myself as western, as in anglo. When we say western, I think what we all really mean is anglo, or mainly anglo.
Johnny1975

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:39 am

Johnny1975 wrote:It could be that they're afraid of having their bubble burst. Women in western countries are very entitled, so the thought of being in a situation where things are as they should be can be daunting.

I totally agree with this statement. Johnny is spot on as women in Western countries are very entitled.

Johnny1975 wrote:Renata, I don't think men and women should be treated equally. Women should have an attitude of wanting to serve a man.

I'm sure that I may not relay my thought correctly on this one but I will try. In keeping my statement to male/female relationship, (dating and/or marriage) a woman should most certainly maintain an attitude of wanting to serve a man. Most women are nurturers or at least have been told over and over that certain things are expected of them such as cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids and running the day to day household events.

In my day, women were taught that the man is the king of his castle. Upon his arrival at the front door, the woman greeted him, dressed to perfection with 2.5 perfectly behaved children all waiting for dad to let them know what he wanted to drink and bring him the newspaper to read. The woman would then check with him as to when he would like dinner served and sent the kids outside to give dad his quiet time while mom finished up in the kitchen.

While that may sound down right crazy to some women, at the time it was really nothing more than good hostess manners. Women took pride in being a proper hostess and having a man in your life was the ultimate prize for having these excellent skills. What man wouldn't want a woman who could cater to his every need? What man shouldn't expect this sort of treatment in his own home?

Something drastically changed that around the 1960s. Women were now being told that they didn't have to take abuse from a ill tempered spouse and no, they never should. However, the good guys out there somehow got caught up in some crazy mix up of misunderstanding and the good guys were now paying for things that they never did.

Johnny1975 wrote:The roles are too much in reverse in western countries, to the point that men are unattractive weaklings who dare not say the wrong thing. It's unnatural.

Granted, from what I observe today, men do seem to have to walk on eggshells if they are in the presence of a woman. Alas, I don't know why that is or how to overcome it. Personally I can go from the perfect wife to complete psycho bitch in 3.0 seconds myself and I don't know why other than to say it's hormonal. At least that is the best excuse I can come up with for totally inexcusable behavior.

I have found that I am MUCH less testy when I am in top form. That requires a lot of work on my part and if I don't put in the work, I don't reap the benefits. Women can not expect a man to make everything bad in her life go away or to instantly make her life better. It doesn't work that way.

There is no quick fix for being the best that you can be. Women have to come to terms with their own personal best and can't expect someone else to be the answer. If you are happy with yourself, then that will radiate from you naturally and you'll find yourself applying it to everything that you do.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 am

That's the spirit, Ninjapuppy. Now if you go back to the other thread about dating, maybe we can see eye to eye on that aswell. You may have to get on top form first though.
Johnny1975

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:12 am

Johnny1975 wrote:That's the spirit, Ninjapuppy. Now if you go back to the other thread about dating, maybe we can see eye to eye on that aswell. You may have to get on top form first though.

I have a feeling that our attitude is very similar, it's the interpretation or semantics of wording that is creating a misunderstanding.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Winston » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:24 am

Johnny1975 wrote:It could be that they're afraid of having their bubble burst. Women in western countries are very entitled, so the thought of being in a situation where things are as they should be can be daunting.

Renata, I don't think men and women should be treated equally. Women should have an attitude of wanting to serve a man. The roles are too much in reverse in western countries, to the point that men are unattractive weaklings who dare not say the wrong thing. It's unnatural.

Johnny, I would advise that you try to learn some tact here. The word "serve" looks bad. You make it sound like you believe that women should be slaves to men. Some better ways to put it are:

- "I think women should want to please their man and care about making him happy."
- "I think women should be caring and kind to their man and provide love and support."

Also, try to look at it from their point of view. If you were a woman, would you want to "serve" or submit to a loser guy with a shitty personality who was an alcoholic, gambled all his money away, and had self-destructive behaviors? No of course not! If a woman is going to serve or submit to a man, it should be a man she respects, who is wise, healthy, and is a man of good character and values. Not just any loser! Come on now. Get real. If you were a woman, would you want to submit to a loser? lol. Think about it. Women are much better off being loyal wives to GOOD men, men of good character, values, health, habits, men of wisdom with good qualities whom she can respect. No sane person would advocate that a woman be obedient to any random guy who turns out to be a loser. Get real.

Try to be more reasonable and realistic ok?
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my HappierAbroad Calling Card Shop.

Seeking a foreign partner? See these Top International Dating Sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Arzamas » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:25 am

I have always preferred dating foreign men as opposed to Americans. So if American women shun dating them, well, that's more for ME! :) All foreign men are not created equal. It's all a matter of culture, ethnicity and economic class. Middle Easterners and Latin/South Americans are clearly going to be different from Northern Europeans/Russians. Southern Europeans (Greeks, Italians, Spaniards, Portugese, Balkan men) are going to be different culturally from a Swede or a man from the UK!

American women for the most part, on average, have been brainwashed by feminist ideology. American men as well. American men are not as masculine as Europeans. American women have stereotypical , xenophic views of Euromen as being "macho" or "wife beaters" or "serve me" types. High class, educated Euromen from the upper layers are definitely not that stereotype. They like feminine women who behave like women in public, have manners and are culturally educated. Most average American women are just not that. Many (not all) wear jeans and sneakers everywhere, love fast food, get fat and lazy, use profanity and sleep through college. They think being feminine means dressing like a streetwalker. They don't bone up on history or foreign customs when dealing with foreigners.

Foreign men, at least the type I deal with, are gentlemen who open doors, dress nice on dates, have manners at the dinner table, AND THEY PAY. We don't go "Dutch". Dutch is for coworkers and friends. Dutch is a language in Holland. The flawed reasoning is that "if we go Dutch he'll understand that I have no plans on sleeping with him that night." He won't have expectations. Says who? Promiscuous rakes will try to sleep with you whether they pay or you go Dutch. Makes no diff. A man who goes Dutch with a woman shows he's cheap.That's it. He's a loser.

Foreign men have higher standards for women. American women don't want to be held accountable to that.
Arzamas

Return to Dating, Relationships, Meeting Foreign Men