[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design? • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design?

Discuss general topics that don't fit into the other boards.

A lot, I'm so excited I could pee myself
7%
7%
7%
A bit, but the layout is a bit messy
7%
7%
7%
I don't, I might stop posting here soon
No votes
No votes
No votes
It's pretty but too Pink, like a piglet
20%
20%
20%

Total votes : 15

Postby Renata » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 pm

I wish this forum looked better & it was easier on the eyes.

What do you all think we could do to improve it?

:idea: Makeover ! lol :mrgreen:
Renata

Re: How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design?

Postby Riyko » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:39 am

I like the layout, just hate the pink >_<. i've never been a fan of the color pink give me purple or emerald any day.
Riyko

Postby Johnny1975 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:44 am

Girls like pink. That is a scientific fact. Winston chose well.
Johnny1975

Postby Renata » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:58 am

I'll come back when Winston does a makeover ... in the mean time I'm next door romping with the boyz :P
Renata

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:25 am

Ok I will see if I can change the pink color to purple or violet.

Does anyone here know HTML or how to alter CSS stylesheets?

Renata, what is wrong with the layout here? Isn't it clean and organized?
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my .

Seeking a foreign partner? See these .
Winston
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:28 am

Winston - I'm fluent in HTML and my Hubs can do the CSS stuff but configuring anything via phpBB has never been easy for me. Let me know if I can help.
Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett
NinjaPuppy

Postby Renata » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:42 pm

All the text is too close together, like the posts & signatures & this shade of pink is not easy on the eyes. Maybe if it looks better it will attract more users :mrgreen:

CSS sites you have to go to the main page & change the board color then all the pages will change automatically.

In the Sitebuilder, go to Site > Content > Site CSS.
The Site CSS dialog box will open up with the Site CSS Overrides on the left-hand side. On the right-hand side, you'll see a Preview tab (for viewing changes), Site CSS (to see the default CSS codes used) and the Site HTML (to see the default HTML codes used).

Navigate to the Site CSS tab and locate the code you wish to alter.
body {code is in here}
This controls the main content area - how it is set up and the default font color, size and type used.

#sys_banner {code is here}
This determines the size of the banner area used.

#menu {code is in here}
This targets your navigation menu, the font, color and size used.

Copy that section of code and paste into the Site CSS Overrides on the left-hand side.
Make your adjustments as needed.

At the bottom left corner of the dialog box, uncheck the "Disable Site CSS Overrides".
Click on the "Preview" tab to see the changes.
Once you've finished making all the tweaks, click on "OK".
You will now see your changes applied to all pages in your Sitebuilder. :P
Renata

Postby Winston » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:05 am

Renata,
I don't know what you mean. This isn't a CSS site. It's a phpbb forum. I'm not sure if what you say applies.

The CSS stylesheet is a file with HTML codes in it. I'll PM it to Ninjapuppy and see if she knows what it's all about. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 am

Winston
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:59 pm

NinjaPuppy

Postby NinjaPuppy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:01 pm

When you start changing colors, you also have to change any background colors as the change may be hard on the eyes or downright invisible.
NinjaPuppy

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:08 pm

But Ninjapuppy, #FFF is the html color code for pure white right? You have to find the color code for the pink in this forum. How do I know what it is? Those html codes are all different for every shade of the same color.

Also, what shade of purple or violet do you think is best? A lighter shade or a darker one?

Here is the html color code chart if you want to use it as reference:

http://www.techyuva.com/wp-content/uplo ... on_800.gif

Winston
Site Admin

Postby NinjaPuppy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:31 am

NinjaPuppy

Postby Winston » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:43 am

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Renata » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey Winston I sent an email to your yahoo, where I colour coded the pink backgroud-colour code & the blue backgroud-colour code in the html source code you posted before, so it will be easy to find and replace by copy & pasting in new codes. Check here for new colour codes you like > http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm

This is the code for the pink background >
background-color: #ffabb7;

This is the code for the pink border >
border-color: #ffabb7;

This is the code for the blue background >
.bg2 { background-color: #ddedfb; }
.bg3 { background-color: #ddedfb; }

If you replace the pink hash-tag codes with new colour codes, such as #9F000F which is a Cranberry red & replace the blue with #E5E4E2 whic is a Platinum grey it may look better.

There are many codes for colours here > http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
Renata

Next

Return to General Discussions