[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Why this forum? • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

Why this forum?

Discuss general topics that don't fit into the other boards.

Why this forum?

Postby Johnny1975 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:57 pm

To the women here who didn't join the main forum, or who did but don't post there, or don't post there any more, why?

Since the start I've considered it a great insult that a separate forum should be created for women. The main message of the main forum is that western women are mostly fucked up. It's not that all western women are that way, but mostly they are. That's why we joined it and that's what we talk about most of the time.

There's a lot of anger there, sure, and sometimes that spills over into squabbles with women who join, but you have to understand that sometimes feminists and other scum like to join such forums for a laugh, and we are well aware of that. Why should we trust every woman who joins? How do we know know you're for real? This is the internet, we don't know who is who or who is genuine.

And sometimes the negative feelings that some of the guys have cause them to be antagonistic towards any woman who joins. It's just a gut reaction. They don't pause to think and they're reluctant to give any woman a chance. Some of them are very skeptical. I don't think it's right but it's understandable. But that's the environment, that's how it is.

However, there's no reason for any good, decent woman (western or not) to be afraid of taking part in the main forum. The way I see it, if a woman joins, and she has a problem with the huge amount of criticism that the guys have of feminism, western culture, or any of that stuff, she most probably isn't the real deal. Any woman who describes herself as a feminist, in any sense whatsoever, and / or doesn't concede to our message, and admit that we are right, such a female is not with us, she's a fake. And that goes for any woman who displays any sarcasm, or attempts at shaming. It's a dead giveaway.

Winston should get tough with members of the main forum, and try to control things a bit when a woman joins. But at the same time he should let things play out however they may, without letting it get out of control. There are a few numbskulls over there but it's not that bad. Any woman who gets our message should be willing and able to handle that.

The reason why I consider it an insult that this forum even exists is because it gives the message that the members of the main forum are barbarians, and women should be protected against them, by having a shelter, in the form of their own forum, and if anyone doesn't like it they don't have to post here, which totally misses the point.

My opinion is that most of you women here are not the real deal. I'm highly skeptical. And Winston is a fool if he really thinks that most or all of you are genuine. It's just my opinion, but for what it's worth, I think Winston should get rid of almost all the women here so far, invite only non western women, and basically start this thing all over again.

If women don't feel welcome at the other forum, and if men don't feel welcome here, then something is definitely wrong. I'm sure anyone can figure that out.

So back to my main question. If you know about the other forum, and you don't post there, why is that? Don't you like us? Do you think we're sexists? Do you think we're bald, bitter, and living in our mum's basements? If you get where we're coming from when it comes to the vast majority of western women, why aren't you there joining in? When we criticise and insult them like the dogs that they are, why aren't you with us, showing your support?

Joining a pink forum and talking about fairies and unicorns isn't the same as going on the main forum and standing up and saying "Yes, guys, I get it. I agree with all of your criticisms and I feel embarrassed to call myself a western woman because the majority are scum and give us good ones a bad name". This is why the guys at the main forum don't trust you, and it's why hardly any of them have joined.
Johnny1975

Re: Why this forum?

Postby Renata » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Renata

Postby Sunshine » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:18 pm

It hadn't really crossed my mind. I assume that guys need a place to vent about women, "real deal" or not. I understand your point that the "real deal" ladies shouldn't get offended, but the unfortunate truth is that small nuances such as tone of voice, idioms, and sarcasm don't really translate all that well online, and can make it difficult for people to get the intended message. Granted, in the end, it's simply words on a screen but some people take these things very seriously.

I suppose it couldn't do any harm for me to join the forums there... while I admit, I was a bit shocked to find out that so many men internationally seem to despite my country (understandable) and it's women in particular (the shocking bit), I felt it was best for me to join here instead because I am a female and I felt like perhaps there was a metaphorical "No Girls Allowed" sign on the doors to the opposite end :D

But, who knows. Maybe I can make a dent in the loathing of American women :geek:
Sunshine

Postby Hispano » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Hispano

Postby Sunshine » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Well a drop in the bucket of even a single person's opinion is better than no drop anywhere at all. It may only be a tiny difference, but it's still a difference. It may ripple, but that's for the future.
Sunshine

Postby Hispano » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Hispano

Postby Sunshine » Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:24 am

No no, believe me I understand. When I found the forums here and discovered so many people felt the same way as you, I decided I would start making more of an effort to start conversations since I'm sure people have avoided starting conversation with me because of this mindset.
Sunshine

Postby BellaRuth » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.
BellaRuth

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:27 pm

BellaRuth,
Your points are probably true. However, remember that only a small handful of guys on the forum were rude to you. Most guys liked you and liked your posts and viewpoint. It's just that they didn't want to stand up for you for some reason, maybe because they didn't want to appear "pussy-whipped" (except for me of course).

Johnny,
You have to be realistic here. If there was a whole forum bashing American men, would you feel welcome on it? You can't expect women to relate to your issues because they are in a different boat, just like they can't expect you to relate to having PMS.

I prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt. I don't see any signs that the women here aren't genuine. They just aren't interested in the same issues and aren't in your boat.

The reason for this forum is for expansion into new territory and demographics. Why are there 50 US states instead of one state? In Colonial America, why were there 13 colonies instead of one? It's all about expansion into new areas to grow the population and economics. It's very simple.
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my .

Seeking a foreign partner? See these .
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Hispano » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:36 pm

Hispano

Postby Renata » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 am

Renata

Postby Hispano » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 pm

Hispano

Postby Renata » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:52 am

Hispano you are entitled to your opinion, but let's have some evidence to back your claims ...

Who are the losers etc? Call some names.
Renata

Postby Hispano » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Hispano

Postby Hispano » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:25 pm

anyway, I can care less about those guys. I just give my opinion about them. @renata, are you a Türk?
Hispano

Next

Return to General Discussions