[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design? • Ladies Discussion Forum

View Active Topics          View Your Posts          Mobile Version

How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design?

Discuss general topics that don't fit into the other boards.

How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design?

A lot, I'm so excited I could pee myself
7%
7%
7%
A bit, but the layout is a bit messy
7%
7%
7%
I don't, I might stop posting here soon
No votes
No votes
No votes
It's pretty but too Pink, like a piglet
20%
20%
20%

Total votes : 15

Re: How much do you like this Forum's Layout & Design?

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:38 am

Thanks Renata. You are brilliant. I didn't know you had so many talents. :)

However, I didn't get your email. What did you put in the subject of it? Can you resend it? I will PM you the correct spelling of my email address.
Do you make overseas calls? For the lowest rates, check out my .

Seeking a foreign partner? See these .
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Renata » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:58 pm

I'm no expert lol .. I learned some html in high school

I resent the email ..:

Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 11:52:27 PM
To: wwu777us at yahoo.com
Subject: html codes
Renata

Postby Winston » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:24 am

Renata,
Are you suggesting that I use cranberry red instead of pink? I thought we gonna switch to purple? Suppose I change the pink to purple, what then should I change the blue background to?

Btw, next time you post an email address, I'd do it like this: email at email.com. Otherwise, spam bots may pick up the linked email and send spam to it. I already changed this in your previous post.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 am

Renata,
I changed the pink color of the theme to Pink Lemonade, which is somewhere between red, purple and pink. It looks like this:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/htm ... l?c=E4287C

However, the forum colors are still the same. I have no idea why. I refreshed the cache too. This sucks. (sigh)

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:50 am

Renata,
Here are the official phpbb instructions for changing colors in forum themes:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 4&t=926045

I already did what it said and changed the colors in the colours.css style file. But it didn't work. It also mentioned changing the colors in the bg_header.gif file. However, that file only has a thin blue line. I don't see how changing the color in that image file will do anything.

Can you see if I'm missing something?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Renata » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:19 am

This is the code for the pink background > We can change it to a Cranberry red - #9F000F
background-color: #ffabb7;

This is the code for the pink border > We can change it to a Cranberry red - #9F000F
border-color: #ffabb7;

This is the code for the blue background > We can change it to a Platinum grey - #E5E4E2
.bg2 { background-color: #ddedfb; }
.bg3 { background-color: #ddedfb; }

Or you can try out these codes. There are many codes for colours here > http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm
Renata

Postby Winston » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:54 am

Renata, did you read what I wrote above? I did change the colors already, but it didn't work. I don't know why.

Btw, why do you like cranberry red? I thought you wanted purple? Red may be a bit too loud. Purple is a much more creative and friendly color.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Renata » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Nice pink plum colour Winston, thx for changing it to something else, I appreciate it.

Now please remove all those Ads ! (just kidding lol ) :mrgreen:
Renata

Postby Winston » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Ok I've changed the forum colors to purple now. It will take two days to take effect for some reason. I have no idea why. lol

Are the pink bars in the background ok? Are they annoying too?

I will try to figure out how to change the text link colors here too.

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 am

Ok I think I know what's going on now. You have to clear your browser cache to see the new theme colors for this forum. Are you all seeing the purple colors at the top now?

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Winston » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:10 am

Renata,
Even though I've changed the colors of the header and border, I don't know how to change the colors of the text links. They are still link. Can you find out the color code of the text links? How did you find out the color codes of the header before? Is there a color grabber site that can do that?

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Postby Renata » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:16 pm

Colours and backgrounds for links.css
-------------------------------------------------------------- */

a:link { color: #db528d; }
a:visited { color: #db528d; }
a:hover { color: #D31141; }
a:active { color: #368AD2; }

The #db528d & #D31141 are pink
The #368AD2 is the blue
Renata

Postby sarahfinch » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:46 am

Forum's Layout & design is cool... Especially for female the color is most popular in our community. Today I have visited almost all the threads, all is maintained well and navigate properly.

sarahfinch

Postby Winston » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:15 am

Renata,
I got a good idea. How about I just switch the theme of this forum altogether to Artodia Phantom? It's a light blue theme and has a slightly feminine looking interface. What do you think? See the demo below.

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ntom/demo/

Winston
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussions