East European actually asks strangers for help!!!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

East European actually asks strangers for help!!!

Post by ssjparris »

Okay the more and more experience i have with East European people ( especially the women ) the more and more I begin to like them.

I have been on [url]ttp://www.livemocha.com/[/url] for awhile now. and i am already getting people asking me for help. to teach them english for free there. livemocha makes their money by a 20 dollar fee every month.

American people don't do this kind of thing. especially since i might be some pyscho to them. ahhahaha. i don't know what it is about east side europe but it makes me feel really comfortable with them. i feel like i can be trusted just because i am a man.

i also got a friend request by a ukrainian lady too very young and hot indeedy.

what are your experiences so far with east european people or women!!!. :lol:
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Careful. It's a big region. People aren't all the same from country to country and many of them intensely dislike the term "Eastern European" and find it demeaning because it implies to them that you think that their country is some second-rate, left-over pile of Soviet shit and that you don't find any of their history before WWII at all important.

Of course we westerners find the term "Eastern Europe" useful and descriptive among ourselves, but be careful which foreigners you say it around. It's one of those faux pas that can really kill the mood when you're with a foreign girl from a former Soviet Bloc country.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I've been in Prague almost a month now, and so far I would confirm the impressions of you and Think Different, Jackal. The people can seem pretty brusque and dour. The women never make eye contact with strangers and give no indications of interest at all (I'm resisting the conclusion that this is just a personal problem). Apparently it's considered impolite to smile at a stranger. I haven't tried approaching any women yet, and the fact that the English of most of them is so weak is a bit disconcerting.

So I'm wondering just how much difference there is between countries of the old Soviet bloc. The conventional wisdom on this board is that Ukraine and Russia, for two, are happy hunting grounds. I wonder how much different they are than here. Do the women give off a more approachable vibe? I know the Czechs have various historical gripes -- they really didn't enjoy being occupied by the Soviet army for 21 years, for one -- but as you've pointed out, Jackal, that's also the case with Hungarians, and they seem a little friendlier.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Jackal wrote:Careful. It's a big region. People aren't all the same from country to country and many of them intensely dislike the term "Eastern European" and find it demeaning because it implies to them that you think that their country is some second-rate, left-over pile of Soviet shit and that you don't find any of their history before WWII at all important.

Of course we westerners find the term "Eastern Europe" useful and descriptive among ourselves, but be careful which foreigners you say it around. It's one of those faux pas that can really kill the mood when you're with a foreign girl from a former Soviet Bloc country.

HMMMMM ????? Bruce willis giving me tips.

thanks a bunch buddy. titles really don't matter. so i guess i could drop the eastern european thing altogether. refer to them as ukrainian or russian or something.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

gsjackson wrote:I've been in Prague almost a month now, and so far I would confirm the impressions of you and Think Different, Jackal. The people can seem pretty brusque and dour. The women never make eye contact with strangers and give no indications of interest at all (I'm resisting the conclusion that this is just a personal problem). Apparently it's considered impolite to smile at a stranger. I haven't tried approaching any women yet, and the fact that the English of most of them is so weak is a bit disconcerting.

So I'm wondering just how much difference there is between countries of the old Soviet bloc. The conventional wisdom on this board is that Ukraine and Russia, for two, are happy hunting grounds. I wonder how much different they are than here. Do the women give off a more approachable vibe? I know the Czechs have various historical gripes -- they really didn't enjoy being occupied by the Soviet army for 21 years, for one -- but as you've pointed out, Jackal, that's also the case with Hungarians, and they seem a little friendlier.
this very disappointing to hear. Prague is full of women with zero eye contact. i guess i will pass on it.

So far the women that give eye contact in other countries are France, Italy, Mexico, Dubai ( these are from my personal experience.) i am sure russia too. it's really not natural to be avoiding eye contact with people. i personally prefer eye contact. it's much more comfortable with the people. and super approachable when women do this too.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I lived in Brno, Czech Republic for a year back in 2005. My advice to you is pack your shit and leave for Poland or Ukraine immediately. I will spare you the horror stories.

Czech females, due to their proximity to the West, have adopted the worst possible traits from both Communist and Western culture.

Imagine a nation filled with spoiled, autistic 6-year olds, and you have the Czech Republic. The reason Czech girls don't emote is A) they have no idea how and B) even if they could THEY HAVE NOTHING INTERESTING TO SAY!

The ONLY redeeming feature of Czech girls is they are not as ugly as American females. Other than that, avoid them like the plague. The only way you will get laid there is to buy some hooker that will be decent looking, but cost you an arm and a leg.

Check the tourism stats for the CR and you will see they are plummeting like a rock and have been for 5+ years. The Czech tourism minister put out a press release a while ago pleading with Czechs to stop being so f***ing rude to foreigners.

The Japanese, always gracious travelers, rank the CR as the number one place they like to visit...only once. They simply never return due to the Czechs spectacular rudeness and monumental arrogance.

I learned a lot about people and myself that year in Brno. But it cost me heavily and I would not advise anyone to follow in my steps. Get out, and get out now.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Interesting, Grunt, and thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm going to be following it, but unfortunately by going back to the US, where my "fiduciaries" are stealing from me as usual and won't communicate.

To all the bad qualiies you noted about the women in Brno, I guess you would add an extra measure of arrogance in Prague. I'm starting to genuinely dislike the place, though it's one of the world's most beautiful cities. Think Different probably had it right -- spend a couple of tourist days there and move on.

It's not so much rudeness I've encountered, as maybe more the word you used -- a form of autism. The people simply take no notice of you in any way, never even look at you, and you get the sense that they aren't really capable of developing interest in other people. It's too much trouble. The waitresses try to be friendly, but they don't seem to know how. Hazardous generalizations, for sure, given my limited experience, but I have a lot of respect for the conclusions you formed over a full year here in the CR, and I'll be moving on, though I'd planned to spend the whole summer here.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

Grunt wrote:My advice to you is pack your shit and leave for Poland or Ukraine immediately.
What are your impressions of these countries?
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

Jeez! What did you guys expect? I personally have never been to Prague, but my Ukrainian friend lived there for 2 years and he totally LOVED it! Why? Because he is not American, he gets the attitude and he knows some Czech language - it has Slavic roots in it, so most East Europeans will easily learn it or understand some of it.

Czechs have so many tourists - for one. For two - it's a former Soviet bloc country where no customer service existed. For three - it's not Asia where you are a rockstar overnight just for being an American or taller than other guys around. Czechs are selfish - many people told me that, but that's just the way they are. They are overly proud and nationalistic, hey - ever heard of Americans making fun of other nations? Yeah, Americans are overly nationalistic as well and I've experienced that many times.

About Russia and Ukraine - girls will be much more flirty and welcoming, but some of them are bitches and gold-diggers. Some girls just want to use you for drinks and restaurants. Between Russian (or Ukrainian) guys there are always talks about "how not to be stupid and not give girls all that they want". Ukraine and Russia are much better choices for spending a few months, it will also be much cheaper and girls will definitely be VERY good looking, dressed and behaved. If you decide that East Europe is more attractive - go to Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Macedonia, Montenegro or maybe Hungary (Jackal knows more about the place, but girls are definitely hot there). But again - if you are looking for best looking girls, best bang for the buck and craziest parties/clubs - Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and Kazakhstan should be ultimate destinations for you. Why no one goes to Kazakhstan??? It is very developed now and there are very few Americans that go there. Kazakh girls look very Asian and there are many ethnic Korean girls there. If Asian looks is not for you - about 40% of Kazakhstan population is Russian, so you will get European Slavic looks as well. Prices are cheap and clubs are plenty, food is great. I would totally go there.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

have2fly wrote:Jeez! What did you guys expect? I personally have never been to Prague, but my Ukrainian friend lived there for 2 years and he totally LOVED it! Why? Because he is not American, he gets the attitude and he knows some Czech language - it has Slavic roots in it, so most East Europeans will easily learn it or understand some of it.

Czechs have so many tourists - for one. For two - it's a former Soviet bloc country where no customer service existed. For three - it's not Asia where you are a rockstar overnight just for being an American or taller than other guys around. Czechs are selfish - many people told me that, but that's just the way they are. They are overly proud and nationalistic, hey - ever heard of Americans making fun of other nations? Yeah, Americans are overly nationalistic as well and I've experienced that many times.

About Russia and Ukraine - girls will be much more flirty and welcoming, but some of them are bitches and gold-diggers. Some girls just want to use you for drinks and restaurants. Between Russian (or Ukrainian) guys there are always talks about "how not to be stupid and not give girls all that they want". Ukraine and Russia are much better choices for spending a few months, it will also be much cheaper and girls will definitely be VERY good looking, dressed and behaved. If you decide that East Europe is more attractive - go to Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Macedonia, Montenegro or maybe Hungary (Jackal knows more about the place, but girls are definitely hot there). But again - if you are looking for best looking girls, best bang for the buck and craziest parties/clubs - Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and Kazakhstan should be ultimate destinations for you. Why no one goes to Kazakhstan??? It is very developed now and there are very few Americans that go there. Kazakh girls look very Asian and there are many ethnic Korean girls there. If Asian looks is not for you - about 40% of Kazakhstan population is Russian, so you will get European Slavic looks as well. Prices are cheap and clubs are plenty, food is great. I would totally go there.
i have BEST friends from Kazakhstan that are female. they are definitely hot women that are asian. super easy going. no problems, no bitchyness, they are excited to say hi when i say hi to them. ofcourse i can only chat with them online. but that ticket to kazakhstan well one day come. trust me things with these girls are so so easy its making me feel uncomfortable. because i am not used to easyiness. i feel like i need some difficulty some how. but this is still good news nonetheless.

Every culture has their bitches and gold diggers. so perhaps its wise to avoid them in ukraine and russia. but thank the GODS not all of them are like this. america and france are gold digger capital city. all the women in these two countries are after money. so looking at it from this perspective is delightful. because not all russian or ukrainian women will be after my money like all american women are. hahaha.

i learned this a couple years back...you wrote this..."how not to be stupid and not give girls all that they want" this is 100% truth. not a single woman should be given everything they want. they turn into a spoiled child and later into a tyrant. there is a wise native american teaching " never give a woman what ever she wants or she will turn into a tyrant." all i will do there is cook food for them. or buy dinner that is it. maybe i will be cautious about dinner though.
Google
Freshman Poster

Post by Google »

Some people in Ukraine can seem brusque and dour too,but generally Ukrainians (especially young people) are friendlier, they smile, full of emote...

Look on these people from the several night clubs of Ukraine.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: East European actually asks strangers for help!!!

Post by Winston »

ssjparris wrote:Okay the more and more experience i have with East European people ( especially the women ) the more and more I begin to like them.

I have been on [url]ttp://www.livemocha.com/[/url] for awhile now. and i am already getting people asking me for help. to teach them english for free there. livemocha makes their money by a 20 dollar fee every month.

American people don't do this kind of thing. especially since i might be some pyscho to them. ahhahaha. i don't know what it is about east side europe but it makes me feel really comfortable with them. i feel like i can be trusted just because i am a man.

LiveMocha is free. I don't know what 20 dollars per month you are talking about. You don't pay unless you ask for private lessons from other members.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Re: East European actually asks strangers for help!!!

Post by ssjparris »

Winston wrote:
ssjparris wrote:Okay the more and more experience i have with East European people ( especially the women ) the more and more I begin to like them.

LiveMocha is free. I don't know what 20 dollars per month you are talking about. You don't pay unless you ask for private lessons from other members.

exactly....the 20 dollars is for the private lessons. ofcourse livemocha gets paid from this. the free lessons is the ploy to get you to pay local people of that language. thanks for sharing this point though much appreciated.