Woman Feeds Herself Using Desperate Man On Match.com

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
BigDug
Freshman Poster

Woman Feeds Herself Using Desperate Man On Match.com

Post by BigDug »

http://articles.businessinsider.com/201 ... restaurant

As a guy who has paid for a meal for someone I met through online dating, I'm sickened.
lookin4happiness
Freshman Poster

Post by lookin4happiness »

This women is really sickening...
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Stop taking AW out to dinner for the first date, jesus how stupid can guys be. It's amazing really

How can you generate any sort of genuine attraction with a table in the middle of you 2, you chatting/competing with each other about work and her getting a free dinner (i have to pay for your presence)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

well-informed wrote:Stop taking AW out to dinner for the first date, jesus how stupid can guys be. It's amazing really

How can you generate any sort of genuine attraction with a table in the middle of you 2, you chatting/competing with each other about work and her getting a free dinner (i have to pay for your presence)
Yes and no. People have been meeting and getting to know each other across the dinner table for longer than any of us have been alive. I too am a Leykis fan but getting to know someone over a couple drinks in a noisy bar as he recommends ain't easier and not necessarily less expensive.

The issue here is that she clearly had no interest in meeting the guys or pursuing a relationship with them, but had just developed a scam to get free nightly meals.

But the subject interests me in the context of our Happier Abroad website. How often can you meet a hot girl in a third world country who will pay or even share in the cost of a date? Even if she was Westernized enough to want to pay, how many have the means?

But the good news is that if you follow Leykis' rules (don't pay more than $40 on a date) you're probably pretty safe in those 3rd world countries!
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

Well i'm talking about american women. I'm 21 living and studying in new york city, so i basically look at dinner for a date as a negative experience. Not that i've ever done it personally.

Girl gets a free expensive dinner, the poor schmuck gets a kiss in the cheek in return. Great success for idiots

Foreign women deserve better obviously and i would definitely treat them accordingly.