The World's Rudest Countries

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

The World's Rudest Countries

Post by Taco »

Here's something to consider before you book your next flight.

The World's Rudest Nations For Travelers
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbende ... travelers/
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

I visited Paris last year and didn't think the people (and waiters) there were rude. Service was excellent. In comparison, I thought the service level and attitude in Amsterdam sucked.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

A relative of mine living in Taiwan once went to Montreal, Quebec on business and said the services there were incredibly bad, from horrible transportation delays to rude people. She's been all over the world and said that was the worst trip she had ever had. She said that she never wants to go back to Quebec.

Here's a fun article:

'Paris Syndrome' strikes Japanese
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6197921.stm
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Yeah I was in Paris and was amazed by how snotty and rude.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Actually, being Asian, the French treated me pretty well--all things considered. I think its because they thought I was Asian and not American. French women love Asian men for some reason...but the French absolutely despise Americans (White Americans mostly) because of U.S. foreign policy, trashy culture, and the behavior of Americans visiting France. I loved the culture and the food when I visited there a decade ago.
navigator
Freshman Poster

Post by navigator »

zboy1 wrote:but the world absolutely despises Americans (White Americans mostly)
fify
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

The world doesn't despise white Americans, unless you are a pompous arsehole and then you reinforce all of the stereotypes.

Also, keep in mind, the bias that Americans live with also has a Global counter-party in those who despise Americans.

Both sides exhibit some ignorance.

Europeans, for instance, simply do not have a clue about the size, scope and breadth of the USA and immediately ask why there is less public transportation (for a Continent-sized nation), and why everyone drives.

I knew a guy whose one-way drive into work was greater than the length of the entire nation of Denmark.

That was just his commute to get TO the office. Not counting his commute to job sites hundred's of miles away, or his return to the office and commute home.