A question for those of you who've made the move already

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Do you regret leaving the US?

Yeah I can't wait to move back there..
5%
No I certainly don't miss that hole and its toxic people.
55%
I'm not really sure.
10%
I move back and forth all the time, so I can't say..
30%

Total votes: 20
TruthOrConsequences
Freshman Poster

A question for those of you who've made the move already

Post by TruthOrConsequences »

Everyone I've been talking to lately seems to be very opinionated on this issue. They all seem to think that moving out of the US is certainly a bad idea and that life is 'a lot easier' here. Part of it could be that people in general are very pessimistic and they will try to talk you out of things no matter what. Most people are afraid of challenges and prefer to stay within their comfort zone. So here it is..

Do any of you have any regrets about moving out of the US??

Most of my colleagues seem to think that financially it is not a good idea, because the salaries overseas are quite low and that pretty much the whole world has been experiencing this recession. The same thing that's been happening here over the last 4-5 years. I do know that the Eurozone prices are very high and the job market is quite shitty.

So again, do any of you regret leaving the US? What are some of the things you miss? Any thoughts?
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

I am in Chiang Mai (Thailand) at the moment, and I have no regrets at all about leaving (I am from Australia).

I have my close family and close friends...apart from that there is absolutely nothing for me in Australia.

I have been able to meet many new people here, and it is easy to so do because they are open and friendly. In Australia, the only way to meet new people is to be good looking or confident and charming. I hate it!
Mangus the Red
Freshman Poster

Post by Mangus the Red »

I have been overseas since Jan. this year. Other than family and close friends, there is nothing for me in the USSA.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good questions!

I have a plan to move to Asia for a while. I just worry that when I get there I will miss my UK life. I think I should be OK though, as I have more friends in Asia now than I do back in the UK!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Voice of Reason wrote:I am in Chiang Mai (Thailand) at the moment, and I have no regrets at all about leaving (I am from Australia).

I have my close family and close friends...apart from that there is absolutely nothing for me in Australia.

I have been able to meet many new people here, and it is easy to so do because they are open and friendly. In Australia, the only way to meet new people is to be good looking or confident and charming. I hate it!
I too left Australia...I would never live there again......why would I live in a country where 99% of people openly support criminal activities against men....inlcuding the men! LOL!!

Australians deserve what is coming their way for refusing to listen to me when I told them the truth.

One of the more amazing things I get from people is that when I tell them I am happier than I have ever been in my life and I am looking forward to living this life for as long as I can.....even then people say I must be lying and I must really be angry and upset because they have never seen a man express his opinion strongly before.

Men used to talk like I talk now all the time....I grew up with older men expressing themselves like I do today. Hell....I remember going to a presentation by Ron Barassi when I was 14 with my Dad. Barassi is universally acknowledged to be the greatest football player that has lived in Australia. Man...how he talked about how he spoke to players who were not doing their best to motivate them!

I watched MANY coaches motivate men to their best performances when I was a lad......alas, today men are such whimps they do not rise to a challenge put to them like men used to do when I was a lad...instead they whine and say "I am upset you insulted me".....but they will NOT say that what I am saying is wrong or mistaken.

I am talking to men like Barassi talked to men 30 years ago......50 years ago......but the "men" are no longer "men". The so called "modern man" can not even be motivated to defend his own children today.....and then they get upset when I call them pathetic! LOL!!
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Leaving the anglosphere was definitely the right choice but it hasn't been easy for me. I'm in Philippines now, it took me a few months to get used to everything here and some things you never get used to, like having beautiful women flirt with me everyday. An income of $800/month is considered middle class by local standards, I had a good income back home but I still wasn't happy. If you leave while your still young, the culture shock is usually less because your overall health and energy levels are better. The key is to find new friends and activities you enjoy in your new country ASAP.

The most important reason you should consider leaving is the economies of all industrialized countries are very unstable and growing more unstable each day. There's at least 1000 bloggers preaching economic doom and gloom. If you doubt what I'm saying you can click on the link below.

Bullets Beans And Bullion
http://bulletsbeansandbullion.blogspot.com/
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote: One of the more amazing things I get from people is that when I tell them I am happier than I have ever been in my life and I am looking forward to living this life for as long as I can.....even then people say I must be lying and I must really be angry and upset because they have never seen a man express his opinion strongly before.

Men used to talk like I talk now all the time....I grew up with older men expressing themselves like I do today. Hell....I remember going to a presentation by Ron Barassi when I was 14 with my Dad. Barassi is universally acknowledged to be the greatest football player that has lived in Australia. Man...how he talked about how he spoke to players who were not doing their best to motivate them!

I watched MANY coaches motivate men to their best performances when I was a lad......alas, today men are such whimps they do not rise to a challenge put to them like men used to do when I was a lad...instead they whine and say "I am upset you insulted me".....but they will NOT say that what I am saying is wrong or mistaken.

I am talking to men like Barassi talked to men 30 years ago......50 years ago......but the "men" are no longer "men". The so called "modern man" can not even be motivated to defend his own children today.....and then they get upset when I call them pathetic! LOL!!
What you say about the change in men is correct. Each generation seems markedly less robust, less resilient, less confident, less manly.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: A question for those of you who've made the move already

Post by ladislav »

TruthOrConsequences wrote:Everyone I've been talking to lately seems to be very opinionated on this issue. They all seem to think that moving out of the US is certainly a bad idea and that life is 'a lot easier' here. Part of it could be that people in general are very pessimistic and they will try to talk you out of things no matter what. Most people are afraid of challenges and prefer to stay within their comfort zone. So here it is..

Do any of you have any regrets about moving out of the US??

Most of my colleagues seem to think that financially it is not a good idea, because the salaries overseas are quite low and that pretty much the whole world has been experiencing this recession. The same thing that's been happening here over the last 4-5 years. I do know that the Eurozone prices are very high and the job market is quite shitty.

So again, do any of you regret leaving the US? What are some of the things you miss? Any thoughts?
When I left the US in 1990ies and went to live in Japan I was shocked that I was finally saving money and taking vacations, and medical costs were low and people were easier to meet. My parents used to scold me for not being thrifty enough and not being able to save money, but they were married and my mother was cooking and they were both working but I was alone and had to support myself and pay taxes ( they were self employed so little tax). So they would tell me that my lifestyle was too extravagant. Anyway, in Japan I would work less and make and keep more money. My lifestyle still did not change.
The same happened in Saudi- I lived the same lifestyle but saved money easily and naturally, to the tune of 20K a year without doing anything. So, something was wrong and it was not me.
A bit off on a tangent, I am now in my 50ies and I realize that a lot of things that I used to blame myself for and be blamed for were not my fault. It is liberating to know that.
As far as your questions, I am a firm believer in quilting my world and making it consist of several countries so when I am in the USA I do not try and milk the country for the things in does not have in abundance. Like you would not go to Ethiopia looking for high paying jobs would you? You do not go to the US looking for love, romance, a healthy society, etc. The US has a purpose to supplement your activities in other countries. Unless you are super duper rich, the US citizenship, banking and credit system and educational and business systems are great. So, I have hammered it into my head that I am here on a specific mission to do this and that. And I will go to other countries to do that and the other. Once you stop trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip and water out of the Sahara, you start feeling great relief and stop feeling incompetent and small.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Jester wrote: What you say about the change in men is correct. Each generation seems markedly less robust, less resilient, less confident, less manly.
Yes...I seen men in their 20s talk like women now. Behaviour that simply would not have been tolerated when I was in my 20s is commonplace now.

The behaviour that men exhibit that is the most womanly behaviour of all is lying. Young men lie like they are women.

Women lie all the time. Women can't even be honest about their age, their bra size, their height or even their hair colour. They are the presentation of a lie, the embodiment of a lie, all to seduce and to control men....and that is ok..all us men know it.

But MEN are adopting this same approach of lying to other men on an almost habitual basis.

Nothing disgusts me more than a man lying.

It is even worse than men cowering from their guvment agents.

Young men say to me that I was "brave" recording my court video when I might have been imprisoned or killed for doing so.

My step grand father told me of lads who were his mates climbing the hills of papua new guinea only to be mortally wounded by fragmentation grenades and bleeding out on the ground with bugs and flies and rats and whatever other small jungle animals were around eating away at them while they were still alive but too weak to fend these creatures off.

THAT is what those lads went through.

Think of the horrors men went through in WW II to defend what they believed was out liberty.

And THEN think about how "offended" faggot men are about some post on the web that they run to the "authorities" to get removed.

Men are faggot cowards now in the majority....too gutless for words.

It is truly amazing to see how cowardly they are and truly amazing to see how they run to "big daddy authority" to solve their problems for them.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:
Jester wrote: What you say about the change in men is correct. Each generation seems markedly less robust, less resilient, less confident, less manly.
Yes...I seen men in their 20s talk like women now. Behaviour that simply would not have been tolerated when I was in my 20s is commonplace now.

The behaviour that men exhibit that is the most womanly behaviour of all is lying. Young men lie like they are women.

Women lie all the time. Women can't even be honest about their age, their bra size, their height or even their hair colour. They are the presentation of a lie, the embodiment of a lie, all to seduce and to control men....and that is ok..all us men know it.

But MEN are adopting this same approach of lying to other men on an almost habitual basis.

Nothing disgusts me more than a man lying.

It is even worse than men cowering from their guvment agents.

Young men say to me that I was "brave" recording my court video when I might have been imprisoned or killed for doing so.

My step grand father told me of lads who were his mates climbing the hills of papua new guinea only to be mortally wounded by fragmentation grenades and bleeding out on the ground with bugs and flies and rats and whatever other small jungle animals were around eating away at them while they were still alive but too weak to fend these creatures off.

THAT is what those lads went through.

Think of the horrors men went through in WW II to defend what they believed was out liberty.

And THEN think about how "offended" faggot men are about some post on the web that they run to the "authorities" to get removed.

Men are faggot cowards now in the majority....too gutless for words.

It is truly amazing to see how cowardly they are and truly amazing to see how they run to "big daddy authority" to solve their problems for them.
I wish you were wrong.

Mel Gibson's last movie in the Mad Max series, "Beyond The Thunderdome", has Max come upon a tribe of children whose parents are dead, and who are raising themselves, trying to be men without leadership or role modles.

Our culture reminds me of that.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Jester wrote: I wish you were wrong.
We both know that everything I have put forward is correct. The question is what are other men going to do? Are they going to help me build a new future for lads or are they going to tell lies about me and condemn the lads to ignorance which will inevitably lead to violence as the lads figure out that they were betrayed?

My biggest mistake in life was to believe in the fairy tale that women were fundamentally nice and decent people like men are.

Sure, there are some bad men but most men are, underneath, decent people. If they try and screw you over they will, at least, be honest about it in 99% of cases. But women? Women are manipulative as hell. They lie to men to manipulate them and they do it at will and constantly. Even the best of them.

My mother did me a great dis-service not teaching me about what women are REALLY like.

Well..The Truth Be Told is my effort to teach those young men who are being lied to what the truth is about women, especially western women.

Example. I just recently met a new prospective woman. I have developed a new skill it seems.

I am now able to look a woman in the eyes, even from some distance, and know if she is a decent woman or not. I only developed this two years or so ago and have only had it happen 4 times. I am not saying that it is ONLY these women who are decent women....I am saying that the 4 this has happened to turned out to be pretty good women...

Anyway.....the latest one I met recently.......so, unusually for me, I actually approached her and started up a conversation....we have met a couple of times.....when asking about my view of women I have been absolutely straightforward and to the point....her response "AT LAST.....a man who really knows what we are like....that makes me feel so much better because I do not have to worry about trying to present myself as I am not.....you already really know what we are like!"

She is HAPPY that I describe women as mostly liars and manipulators who try to get men to do what they want.....it is a RELIEF for her to meet such a man.....how about that?

My fav#1 says the same but in another way......her way is that she feels comfortable around me and can be herself...she does not need to put on the pretenses and act like she is someone she is not in order to manipulate me.....she openly says that she felt that if we were together with her strong personality she would be likely to provoke me and try to hurt me emotionally.....to which I replied "if you are naughty I will put you over my knee and spank you"..to which she replied "and I shall be naughty to make sure I am spanked".

I was telling this new lady I met about this and how I had spanked my daughter when she was willful and naughty as well as my fav#1......she almost SWOONED at the idea of being spanked for being naughty....It was as clear as day she was very interested in getting herself spanked for being naughty.....I noticed this and pointed it out....she tried to deny it.

I said to her "it is completely normal for a girl to want to provoke her father into needing to spank her, once he does she knows he is big and strong and will protect her and provide for her....she feel more comfortable, more secure, and she will often cuddle up to her father and feel very good towards him after being spanked....my daughter did that all the time.....I bet you did that with your father too.....

This need does not go away just because the girl becomes a woman.....she still needs to provoke her man and he still needs to spank her so that she feels he is strong and powerful and can protect and provide for her......that is how women are.

This is why it is such a disaster to say "never hit women".....it destroys the womans ability to bond closely with the man via a good spanking. It destroys her ability to feel the security of protector and provider....something she needs...indeed....it is so insane now they call that "domestic violence" and the man can go to jail for doing what the woman needs to be done for her."

She just shook her head and said "you are so right"......I am wondering if we will see much more of each other.....she is a really interesting woman....I quite like her already.

This is why women hit men so often.....how many men here have been hit by a woman in their life or attacked by a woman in their life? Lots...me included...they are doing it to provoke you into spanking them in a controlled yet dominant manner so that they can bond with you more closely and feel that you are the "protector and provider"...this idea that women are "equal" and can be treated like men is very bad for women....witness the psychotic breakdowns happening in women and the fact that women in america consume 25% of the worlds anti-depressants etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Have fun, Peter, She wants to experience training, and you are the man who can do the job.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Angela Usher
Freshman Poster

Post by Angela Usher »

I loved you Peter till you wrote this very disturbing point your a SICKO!!!!!

‎"it is completely normal for a girl to want to provoke her father into needing to spank her, once he does she knows he is big and strong and will protect her and provide for her....she feel more comfortable, more secure, and she will often cuddle up to her father and feel very good towards him after being spanked.."

Oh fuckety fuckety f**k. No loopy it is not normal to want to be hit by your father. Cuddles after violence???????? PAEDOPHILE!!!!!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

"Love" is quite ephemeral around here. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

I think Ladislav is right. Every country has strong points. If you can use it for your goals it could be quite helpfull. Planning and taking risks is very important. People ask me which country is better? Turkey or Germany? I say Germany for working and Turkey for living. So safe money for cheaper countries. And if you want to f**k go to the countries where it´s easy.