How are you supposed to get dates or make friends in America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Banano wrote:Maybe Winston isnt trying hard enough, how about Wisnton approaches 10 women every day for the rest of his stay in US?
It would be interesting to see if he is gonna have any luck
This is an interesting idea. I know Winston said when he was living in the US in his twenties, he approached hundreds of girls and got very few phone numbers. He only had a couple of dates from all the girls he approached.

Maybe if he approached girls now that he is back in the US, he can see if his luck will change. He will probably have the same outcome as before, approach hundreds of girls, only to get a few phone numbers and a couple of dates! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
JohnDoe
Freshman Poster

Post by JohnDoe »

(snip)
Last edited by JohnDoe on March 16th, 2016, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

S_Parc wrote:Well, I don't know where folks hang out but what I've noticed is that personally, I need to completely separate out the world of acquaintances/socializing/business contacts, etc, from the world of "hookups" for the sake of b@inking.

It takes quite some time to become a regular, at a particular association, bar/restaurant, or social circle. Once you're a regular and seen, ppl will remember you. And thus, if you start b@inking around, the gals will start to talk and soon, depending upon where you go, you might not be invited anymore. Right now, my life in eastern MA is nearly perfect. I have endless things to do, people to hang out with, and for the most part, no headaches from women.

If my life were let's say equally divided between Boston and let's say New Haven CT (for 2-3 days/week), then I'd approach things a bit differently. Yes, while away from the home front, I'd get women's numbers and perhaps, even have an occasional i-91 b@ink. I did this at various national conferences where I'd b@inked AWs from Albuquerque, VA Beach, Kentucky, Mississippi, and some other rural areas I couldn't remember. All and all, when it was over, they were back on the plane and out of my life forever.
JohnDoe wrote:Why should guys have to try hard at all? Why should it be like a total workout just to get dates or laid?
I agree with both of you. 8)
There's going to a conference for business, and getting laid as a bonus vs going to a conference as a cover to get laid.
It comes off totally different.

W seems determined to crap where he eats (trying to use friend zone females as hook-up partners), no matter how many ways & reasons we tell him not to.

I was only half-joking about him opening a bank account.
Maybe he doesn't believe how aggressive females can pursue when you're just trying to get some work done?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tj9xfSl ... 7CCA3B37E0

Theres video of Paul Janka where he says for every 9 chicks he approaches he gets 1 lay.

Winston can try to do the same but he needs to remember US is not PH, as 40 yo man you cant hit on women in their 20s..
imo he should go for women 29+..and that is still a huge gap for Western standards

Winston, do 50 approaches a day and you should expect a few bangs

act alpha,chinese mafia boss
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I don't think those videos are telling the whole truth. I'll bet that for every phone number they got, there are 10 other girls who told them to f**k off
Anti-American
Freshman Poster

Post by Anti-American »

Cold approaches are pretty much useless:

http://aaronsleazy.blogspot.com/2012/04 ... -much.html
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Why is Winston in the US anyway ?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Banano wrote:People are not immigrating because US is a great country for socializing and meeting people, they are doing it for economic reasons

Eurobrat
If you were walking in Winston shoes you would understand, you probably have some success with AW and you cant relate

Maybe Winston isnt trying hard enough, how about Winston approaches 10 women every day for the rest of his stay in US?
It would be interesting to see if he is gonna have any luck
No he probably just has lower standards. He admitted that the friendliest girls he met in the US are not attractive. Even if has some success, he knows that it's an uphill battle too. He knows what we are all talking about here, and is probably just playing devil's advocate again. He knows that in most public places, approaching girls feels inappropriate and out of bounds. Suburban girls don't like to be approached too. It feels creepy and violating. In the big city, it's more normal to hit on girls and more an expected thing.

I think my best chance here is to go to the big Chinatown in Las Vegas and try to chat up Chinese girls who are fresh off the boat and haven't been too Americanized yet. However, Chinese immigrants here tend to be from well off families and will probably be a little snooty or snobby. They're not going to be eager to find a guy or make new friends. Plus it just feels inappropriate to walk up to girls cold and start talking. You need to have a valid excuse to break the ice, such as asking directions or innocent questions.

While we were furniture shopping, I did meet this really hot, tall and sexy Chinese girl who was working there because her parents owned the place. After I made small talk with her for 5 minutes, my parents and aunt began leaving. So before I left, I asked if she had a number. Then she looked confused and said "number?" I then rephrased it and said "Yeah, number or QQ?" Then she said "Oh I don't use QQ" and slowly began edging away, as if she was blowing me off. Do you all think I should go back there and try to chat her up some more and maybe change her mind? lol. However, she is pretty tall, taller than me even I think, and may see me as too short for her. But oh man. She was so sexy, feminine and white. I was mesmerized by her. I kept thinking "If only I could marry someone like that..." I kept fantasizing about rolling on the nice bed at the furniture store with her. lol. Her parents also rent an apartment from my aunt, which is why we were there. So with all these connections, I don't know why no one ever introduces me to any girls or even thinks to. It's like everything is against you.

Btw there is one good news. After being back in the US, my skin and face has improved due to the fresh air and lack of humidity. I now look younger again, like I did before I left the US in 2006. So that's a good thing. I think my skin is not compatible with Asia (esp SE Asia) because the heat and humidity combined make me look terrible, sluggish and tired, which makes me look older. My skin is more compatible with the US. I look better here and younger too, much more like my normal self. Also, the carrot soap I'm using on my face that I got in the Philippines has helped my skin look better and smoother too.

My sleeping habits are more regular here too, due to the clean comfortable environment that I'm more used to. I've also been eating better and healthier too, believe it or not. In fact, I lost 6 pounds last week after eating less. When I arrived, the scale said I weighed 188 pounds. Now I step on the scale and it says I weigh 182. That's a fast weight drop. lol. My body seems to lose weight fast as well as gain it fast too.

PS - My friend Amber (a long time close friend from Seattle who now lives in Las Vegas) told me today that Las Vegas is really hard to find a boyfriend in. She said that every guy she's met was either:

1. really ugly
2. too much into drinking and gambling
3. taken and settled down with family (if they were good guys)
4. on a short stay vacation, if they are hanging out on the strip, and only be looking for a fling

So I guess for women, Las Vegas sucks for dating too. lol. She also said that guys hit on her a lot like there were no boundaries, and when she didn't have a car here and was using public transportation, guys would keep offering her a ride. She said that this happened in rich areas of Las Vegas, not just the seedy areas. That's odd. I guess things are different if you are a girl. But I don't see any guys hitting on any girls at all here. They just mind their own business and are in their own bubble, just like everyone else around here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 28th, 2013, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote: While we were furniture shopping, I did meet this really hot, tall and sexy Chinese girl who was working there because her parents owned the place. After I made small talk with her for 5 minutes, my parents and aunt began leaving. So before I left, I asked if she had a number. Then she looked confused and said "number?" I then rephrased it and said "Yeah, number or QQ?" Then she said "Oh I don't use QQ" and slowly began edging away, as if she was blowing me off. Do you all think I should go back there and try to chat her up some more and maybe change her mind? lol. However, she is pretty tall, taller than me even I think, and may see me as too short for her. But oh man. She was so sexy, feminine and white. I was mesmerized by her. I kept thinking "If only I could marry someone like that..." I kept fantasizing about rolling on the nice bed at the furniture store with her. lol. Her parents also rent an apartment from my aunt, which is why we were there. So with all these connections, I don't know why no one ever introduces me to any girls or even thinks to. It's like everything is against you.
See this is exactly why you scared her away, you went out to buy a fricking couch and your asking her for her number. That's pretty out of context man, how did you even lead up to asking her for her number? Did you make her feel like you're entitled to her phone number because you bought something from her store.

creepy....
Meanwhile, some older guy who barely paid her any attention at all got home and noticed she'd written her cell number on his receipt. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

Winston, you can start meeting people by volunteering or attending church services.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 28th, 2013, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.