My intro: Hispanic-American here

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

My intro: Hispanic-American here

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

I have been a part of this community since February of this year but I haven't made an intro for myself. So, I'll make one.

I'm a Hispanic male living in the bay area (I am also from the East Bay like Winston). I am in college right now (community college) studying to an engineer. As with many guys here, my dating and party life here sucks. I have had one girl (a white-american girl) but like most girls in the US, she's full of shit. I am tired of the bullshit people here give, always being fake, never giving value to true things, women being so dam ugly and thinking they deserve some guy who looks and has the same wallet like Brad Pitt, the hypocrisy of the people, and of the boringness and lack of life people have. My parents are from Mexico, so I have been exposed to more things than what many people here in the US have been and I have actually lived in Mexico for a bit.

I am the type of guy who is into more into Mediterranean looking girls (Iberian, Italian, Turkish, Israeli, etc), as the girl I was into most was from Spain (didn't work though as she's in Europe and I'm here). If you're curious about my look, I have a psuedo-arab look, as I have been told I can pass as an Egyptian or any other North-African guy, and even as Indian from India.

Here's my picture (edited parts of it to hide my more distinctive features):

Well, that's all I can say, as I am not the type of guy who just rants on and on. I like to keep things short.
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

you're too americanized....

I often find that only Americans in their teens and twenties, or foreigners who have been exposed to the american culture, care about race/skin/phenotypes and so on..... with foreigners those things dont even register!!!

drop all those labels, stop calling yourself a hispanic because as soon as u set foot in latin america, everyone will call u AMERICAN...... and simply educate yourself so u can get outta the USA, because it sucks.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Welcome.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Hi, Is it possible for you to go marry a Mexican girl, or do you want some girl from Spain, etc?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

It sounds like you'd do well with some North European or Eastern Europeans. Med women are a tough nut to crack i'd go more for women with that look in Poland or something. Your ambiguous almost middle eastern looks could be problematic but probably not that serious as long as you establish you're an American. Montreal might be good for you too since some francophone women love Spanish speaking dudes.

Welcome and glad you were able to think outside that cultural bubble. These days I don't even bother telling people of my experiences or travel abroad in the u.s. because it almost always elicits negativity or judgmental attitudes.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Welcome to HappierAbroad! I also grew up in the Bay, and have been around the East Bay a lot too.

I believe you'd enjoy Latin America and southern Europe very much. I know Eurobrat can certainly vouch for Italy.

I've read in another one of your posts that you're from Jalisco. I've been there a few times, and have also been to the neighboring states of Sinaloa, Guanajuato, and Michoacan. In fact, I had a really good gf from Michoacan with really "ambiguous" Mediterranean looks too.
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Robert77 wrote:you're too americanized....

I often find that only Americans in their teens and twenties, or foreigners who have been exposed to the american culture, care about race/skin/phenotypes and so on..... with foreigners those things dont even register!!!

drop all those labels, stop calling yourself a hispanic because as soon as u set foot in latin america, everyone will call u AMERICAN...... and simply educate yourself so u can get outta the USA, because it sucks.
when I'm among Americans, I identify as Hispanic or Mexican-American (I never say that I'm brown or things like that).

And I know what I am called in Latin-America (I have lived in Mexico and I have been to Mexico so many times that I have lost count). Amongst Mexicans, I identify as either American or Jaliscience (person from Jalisco, since both of my parents are from Jalisco).

how I live my life.

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

terminator wrote:Hi, Is it possible for you to go marry a Mexican girl, or do you want some girl from Spain, etc?
well, I could go to Mexico and marry a Mexican girl (I speak good Spanish, I have lived in Mexico for a time when I was a kid and I have been to Mexico more times than I can count off the top of my head). the problem is, I just don't want to get married to a Mexican girl (I have been around Mexicans my whole life and I just want something different. And I would be down for girls that Mediterranean looking, as that's the type that I have been most into.

how I live my life.

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Repatriate wrote:It sounds like you'd do well with some North European or Eastern Europeans.

I would be down for Eastern European girls but with Northern European, things change because I am not into girls that are too pale.

Med women are a tough nut to crack i'd go more for women with that look in Poland or something.

very true, but I think I'll try the challenge. at least they're a million times better than american women.

Your ambiguous almost middle eastern looks could be problematic but probably not that serious as long as you establish you're an American. Montreal might be good for you too since some francophone women love Spanish speaking dudes.
I always say that I'm Mexican, it makes things much better, since if I say I'm American, it only brings in more questions.
Welcome and glad you were able to think outside that cultural bubble. These days I don't even bother telling people of my experiences or travel abroad in the u.s. because it almost always elicits negativity or judgmental attitudes.
for as bad as a lot of american men have it bad with the american women, a lot of them deserve it for being such morons or self-righteous assholes.[/quote]

how I live my life.

AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Falcon wrote:Welcome to HappierAbroad! I also grew up in the Bay, and have been around the East Bay a lot too.

you already know then how hard the scene is here. :)
I believe you'd enjoy Latin America and southern Europe very much. I know Eurobrat can certainly vouch for Italy.
latin-america is good, but I want to see other places. :)
I've read in another one of your posts that you're from Jalisco. I've been there a few times, and have also been to the neighboring states of Sinaloa, Guanajuato, and Michoacan. In fact, I had a really good gf from Michoacan with really "ambiguous" Mediterranean looks too.
my parents are from Jalisco, while I'm from the east-bay. I am glad you have been to those places, as not many asians go there, and don't see just how much potential they can do.

how I live my life.