Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted and freethinking?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted and freethinking?

Post by Winston »

Do you think most of us have Asperger's syndrome? Is that why we don't fit into America, even though we are more deep and intellectual than average?

Does Asperger's even exist? Is it a biochemical imbalance or just a label that society slaps onto misfits?

What are the exact symptoms of Asperger's? Just anyone who doesn't fit into groups or can't communicate well? Is that all? If so, couldn't that be due to introversion and wanting freedom of mind too?

Or are we just introverted types who think on a deeper wavelength than most?

What's the difference between Asperger's and introversion?

I heard that in other countries, misfits aren't slapped with such a label. Is that true? Does Asperger's exist outside the USA?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

I suspect that there are a lot of undiagnosed Aspies in Asia, particularly Japan. I think that since the behaviors associated with Asperger's are more commonplace in those countries, it is not stigmatized as much.

Part of the problem is that America glorifies extraversion and gregariousness to a ridiculous extreme. I believe that Asperger's is real, it just isn't seen as a negative outside the Anglosphere.

I feel that part of my purpose on this site is to assist other Aspies who might be on here to find a country that will be more open/accepting to their personality type. I really think East Asia would be your best bet. I'm not sure about EE, but perhaps there would be good too, since they seem to appreciate honest, hardworking, stoic men.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

When I was in the UK I met a barrister who was an avid rugby player. I didn't know he was Autistic until he mentioned it. We were doing fundraising for the same advocacy. He was brilliant & charming. One christmas we exchanged gifts and he gave me a wheel of cheese, a bottle of wine nicely wrapped in a basket & a framed picture of the Queen of England :D interesting present & well thought out. Autistic & Aspergers see things differently. It's a bit of a neurological thing meaning that their thought patterns are different & unique, even genius in many cases.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Notice no one is over-diagnosing women with histrionic or borderline personalities. Yet every man who isnt popular must be an Aspie. It is mostly anti-man propaganda by armchair psychologists.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr.Darcy »

We live in a society where if you're not some confident machine acting stud than you are looked down upon. This results in many people trying to act like something they aren't and many single desperate men. It does not surprise me that people are developing mental illnesses. We live in a society designed to make us sick. What's worse, you can't even acknowledge it because of the positive/denial cult that reigns over america.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

If you are decent looking asian and well socialized, getting it in isnt hard...it really isnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6SMkD-EKI
Joelwilliams89
Freshman Poster

Post by Joelwilliams89 »

There's no such thing as "mental illness".

12 Part essay that exposes psychiatry as a bogus science
http://antipsychiatry.org/

Inventor of ADHD: "ADHD is a fictitious disease"
www.currentconcerns.ch/index.php?id=1608

Co-Founder of DSM admits there is no way to scientifically prove that mentall illness is real
http://www.cchrint.org/psychiatric-diso ... fic-tests/

Psychiatric Drugs Shorten Life Span by 15 years on average
http://www.stopshrinks.org/reading_room ... _life.html
Joelwilliams89
Freshman Poster

Post by Joelwilliams89 »

Mr.Darcy wrote:We live in a society where if you're not some confident machine acting stud than you are looked down upon. This results in many people trying to act like something they aren't and many single desperate men. It does not surprise me that people are developing mental illnesses. We live in a society designed to make us sick. What's worse, you can't even acknowledge it because of the positive/denial cult that reigns over america.
Your first statement would read much better as "We live in a society where if you're not some confident machine acting stud than you are considered as mentally ill".

So in other words, now normal male behavoir is truly becoming criminalized. If you're a normal nice beta male, and maybe don't have the charisma of Brad Pitt, you are now mentally ill, austistic, asperger, whatever.

I don't think we have long to go before society collapses. This is what happens when women are given freedom. They cause society to collapse with their extreme selfishness and lack of any long term fore-sight to their actions.
mrmillersd
Freshman Poster

Post by mrmillersd »

Normal male behavior is Alpha....

its modern society and all its comforts that has caused beta males. How many people in 1900 were overweight, socially awkward, etc? These are marginalized because confidence, body appearance, etc are all self controllable
Introvert
Freshman Poster

Post by Introvert »

Mr.Darcy wrote:We live in a society where if you're not some confident machine acting stud than you are looked down upon. This results in many people trying to act like something they aren't and many single desperate men. It does not surprise me that people are developing mental illnesses. We live in a society designed to make us sick. What's worse, you can't even acknowledge it because of the positive/denial cult that reigns over america.
Wow. Exactly! I actually call it the cult of confidence. If you don't act like Chef Ramsey/Simon Cowell, then you are a loser.

Problem is that many women cannot discern between arrogance and confidence. They just can't.

I know this guy that brags how great he is, talks all the time just for the hell of it, makes jokes about everything no matter how inappropriate (for instance, the crash in San Francisco and the firefighters that died in AZ last week). Nothing is off limits. His girlfriend tells me in casual conversation one day, "Well, you know how humble he is." She isn't clever enough to be sarcastic. She was being totally serious...
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Asperger's is a real thing but I doubt anyone here has it. Real Aspies have problems relating with people and are extremely awkward. If you can come to this forum and communicate and relate social experiences then you are not an Aspie.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Why are you guys so obsessed with Aspergers and Autism?

Most introverts are not either one.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Repatriate wrote:Asperger's is a real thing but I doubt anyone here has it. Real Aspies have problems relating with people and are extremely awkward. If you can come to this forum and communicate and relate social experiences then you are not an Aspie.
I'm wondering if it's AWs, who have Aspers, and not men. I mean a number of them can be wrapped up in their pet insipid topics and have little to offer to a wider crowd, basically spinning their wheels & chasing their own tails. At least some of the introverted men, who're falsely accused as having Aspers, could be brilliant musicians or painters and thus, live in a rich inner world. Some, of course, being afraid to come out of their shells, probably don't produce as much as a Brahms or a Rembrandt but hey, a little of that potential is still there.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Repatriate wrote:Asperger's is a real thing but I doubt anyone here has it.
Really? Seriously? I have been diagnosed as such by three different professionals. I actually went out and got second AND third opinions on this. Try not confuse Asperger's with Low functioning Autism. Autism is a spectrum, don't forget, so not everybody has the exact same challenges or difficulties.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

Where does mainstream (western) culture ''get'' the idea that being a loud aggressive and low IQ chump is a epitome of manliness?

High Testosterone calms and cools a person's demeanor. Whats interesting is that high Testosterone men are cool and calmed and not particurly outgoing or violently aggressive. only high cortisol is responsible for that. people think being extroverted and super talkative is a sign of masculine aggression when it isn't. the stereotypical ''Stud'' would not be aggressive or extroverted. they are only aggressive when provoked. the Jersey shore types who act uber confident are overcompensating.

The logical conclusion is that quietness and calmness is a manly trait, while extroversion and show offness is a feminine one (hence why high estrogenic gay men are so flamboyant).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyAgTHqNKuQ

See the difference in demeanor and intellect between the masculine one in the white shirt and the less masculine one

(both are above average in masculinity but you can see from the guy in the white shirt's voice that he is more masculine and has higher T levels, notice his calmness and higher contemplation).