Do women want to be loved?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Do women want to be loved?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Hackenfall Backslash wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:Women will never admit it, but a woman's love is directly correlated to a man's social standing in some way shape or form.
Men want the looks and body proportions, while women want the status and security. Hard pill to swallow, but it's hard to undo so many eons of biological wiring.
The funny thing is, if you publicly state the obvious, you will be met with a HUGE backlash. Like for real, why else would Kim Kardashian wind up with Kanye West and not a bus driver?
Hackenfall Backslash
Freshman Poster

Post by Hackenfall Backslash »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:
Hackenfall Backslash wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:Women will never admit it, but a woman's love is directly correlated to a man's social standing in some way shape or form.
Men want the looks and body proportions, while women want the status and security. Hard pill to swallow, but it's hard to undo so many eons of biological wiring.
The funny thing is, if you publicly state the obvious, you will be met with a HUGE backlash. Like for real, why else would Kim Kardashian wind up with Kanye West and not a bus driver?
Met with blacklash or an eyeroll. I don't find any Kardashian attractive. I prefer women with curves and some build to their bodies. Skinny girls with voluptuous features don't do it for me -- looks rather cartoonish. I digress. I've stated this often enough, and I get a "that isn't the case".
Avatar: Edward and Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Signature: Demi-Fiend (Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne)
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by jamesbond »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I once had a girl i was dating come out of the blue and ask, "Do you love me Jeffrey?" I behaved like I loved her but I simply liked her a lot and told her as much. Not two minutes later, she asked if I could assist her with a money issue.

That illustrated to me that this girl wanted me to love her so she could USE me for her own purposes. I submit that women want love, not for altruistic reasons, but for reasons of self-interest and sometimes greed.

The larger point is women could care less about love, they want only what they can extract from men who are enraptured with loving them.
This video by Sandman explains that women are biologically wired differently than men when it comes to love. Women love men for what men can do for them. Sandman explains it well in this video.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Devil Dog »

Cornfed wrote:They probably do want love, but they are hard-wired to seek status among their peer group and reproductive success first, which in practice in the West means spreading their legs for dirtbags and distaining decent men who might be inclined to love them if they weren't so vile. The fact that they miss out on love is probably one of the reasons they become so hateful and bitter.
You're an English teacher?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Re:

Post by MrMan »

Devil Dog wrote:
Cornfed wrote:They probably do want love, but they are hard-wired to seek status among their peer group and reproductive success first, which in practice in the West means spreading their legs for dirtbags and distaining decent men who might be inclined to love them if they weren't so vile. The fact that they miss out on love is probably one of the reasons they become so hateful and bitter.
Why? Are you wanting to show distain for an English teacher? :)
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: Re:

Post by Devil Dog »

MrMan wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
Why? Are you wanting to show distain for an English teacher? :)
Perhaps. But I can't find a definition for that word.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I don't think women love men based on what the men have done for them. They "respect" men for what the men CAN do for them. I.e., the future benefits. This was covered well in an article on Stickman.
http://www.stickmanweekly.com/ReadersSu ... er5546.htm

But all this is not LOVE. It is RESPECTING. Yes they DO have to respect you, generally. You DO have to have status to keep a woman.

Respect makes you ELIGIBLE.

But... women's deepest desires involve being NEEDED, and being USED, and THEN AND ONLY THEN, APPRECIATED. Think about how "Bill" motivated Beatrix Kiddo and the other females in his killer harem) in "Kill Bill", and especially "Kill Bill 2".

Women crave being put to use. They want to be seduced and dominated, f***ed, impregnated, and forced to undergo the outrages of childbirth. And then forced into years of drudgery as a mom.

Would YOU? Nope. Didn't think so.

Be a demanding bastard, and keep telling them you need them. They'll love you. Not because they think highly of you, but because you force them to bring out the best in themselves.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

I think they want to be loved & to have something serious, but have a non-functional style of finding it. They look for the guy with the bling/job/assets and then totally forget about how the actual guy treats them. It would be like a man saying he wants a gun that shoots well, then buys one based on the shine/size/price & totally forgets to test out how it shoots!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

All people want to be loved. Unless there is something seriously wrong with them.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Jester: They don't want all that shit. Sure, f***ing & having kids would be a typical desire but the childbirth things that go on would not be on the list.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Sure women want to be loved, but that's only part of it. The ones in the west who hold to a contrary philosophy may deny this, but I believe they want to be a loved by a strong man worthy of their respect and honor, someone who has got it together who can lead her.

A man who listens to her and loves her but acquiesces to her desires when she is wrong and unreasonable may loose her respect and she may become less attractive to her. A woman may lose respect for a man who let's her make all the decisions as well.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Post by lasttry »

Love is an emotion and all emotions are for immature people. Emotions are a rapid-fire way of thinking. There are 4 basic emotions (joy, anger, fear and sadness) corresponds to the four things you can do: approach (food or sex), stand you ground and fight (equal-sized competitor invades your turf), run away (bigger animal attacking you), stop and think what you did wrong (in the aftermath of getting hurt). Love, obviously, falls into the approach/joy category. You feel love towards whatever it is that gives you pleasure: women, food, your dog or cat, an environment that makes you feel happy, a brand new smartphone, whatever. Hate falls into the anger/fear categories depending on the size of the person you are hating.

Emotional thinking is good under conditions of physical pressure, such as a physical fight, because it engages body and mind and works quickly. But emotional thinking is bad under all other circumstances, because it is over-simplified. Highly evolved people get rid of emotional thinking (other than some residual physical fear, since that is where you really need to move quickly) in favor of being purely logical. They don't love, they don't hate, they just think about what causes pain/pleasure and attempt to minimize the former and maximize the latter.

Women may want to be loved, but so what? They may also want you to marry them, support them, put up with their bullshit, etc, etc. Just because they want something doesn't mean you have to give it to them. I'm certainly not going to de-evolve myself to where I act like a teenager again and fall madly in love. If a woman gives me pleasure, I'll do the rational thing and stick with her and try to make her happy, but that is different from being emotionally attached to her.

Having a woman love me is nice, since it gives more power to me, but it is hypocritical for me to ask her to remain at a low level of development while I rise to a high level, so I don't expect women to love. What I want is for them to rationally appreciate what I can do for them, especially what I can do for them sexually. Unfortunately, there are not many women at this high level of development.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

lasttry: There's quite a bit of emotion at work in what you're talking about. It reminds me of that whole things about ridding yourself of desire. That desire to rid yourself of desire IS a desire. Same goes for emotion. It doesn't make something unimportant just because there's no objective reason for anything. There's no objective reason for survival, either. Does that mean it's not important? Oh, survival's important so that the species is propagated? What's so important about that? So that the planent doesn't become a dead rock? So? See- there's no way to answer a question so that someone else can't just keep asking why.

I also don't agree at all about the sized-based decisions. Size doesn't do everything in a fight. Someone can be real fat & they'd be bigger than you, that doesn't mean they can beat you in a fight. Someone can be larger than you in the sense of having bigger muscles, that doesn't even necessarily mean that they are physically stronger. There have been guys that can bend steel with their bare hands that were 140lbs. Plenty of 250lb pro-football players can't do that. Another point is that there are a lot of situations that are not impact-based. Some things are more like knives than hammers, like claws on an animal. There, speed & placement apply much more than intensity of force. There's also cunning, which can be hard to articulate- still, it's a factor. Smaller men can & have beat bigger men in fights (done it myself). Bruce Lee was about 135lbs- does it really seem like he'd have gotten beaten-up by some couch-potato with an attitude that outweighs him by 100lbs?

Not for nothing, but you seem to be pretty arrogant about the whole thing (all that talk of being highly evolved/developed)- that's an emotion.