Age differences

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
slavicreaver
Freshman Poster

Re: Age differences

Post by slavicreaver »

Thanks for posting this. Some observations;
  • She's not unattractive. Often with such extreme age gaps the thought arises that the younger partner probably doesn't have options. That's not the case here.
  • She has to be quite a strong person mentally to be able to go through the pressure of the attendant stigma. Most girls wouldn't be able to handle it, and would bale, even if they did feel genuine attraction for the guy.
  • They've been together 5 years. And had a kid. This girl is serious about this.
  • 70 is not old. In the UK, many hospital geriatric departments won't accept you as a patient until you are at least 75. This guy does look older facially but he's slim. Chances are he's in good health. He should make it to at least 85 (both my parents have passed this and are still going strong). In other words, he could live to see his kids start university and maybe even graduate.
  • Personally I don't see what she sees in the guy - he doesn't come across as a particularly strong personality in the video. Maybe there is such a thing as 'soul connection'. It actually would have been more interesting to me if this guy had exhibited some qualities that are attractive other than Mr Nice Guy, which even losers can emulate fairly well.
  • Notice the modest circumstances. This chick is definitely not in it for the money!
Verdict: Although I approve of age-gap relationships, since I'm not really interested in women my own age, I have to say that I think this particular case is an anomaly. In other words, the guy really lucked out.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This guy is 55 and his wife is 23. They met online four years ago when she was 19 and he was 51. :shock:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

droid wrote:
February 5th, 2015, 2:35 pm
Johnny Depp also pulled off SMOKING HOT Amber heard, half his age.

Although it might be more of a commercial arrangement, and he might be in more deep sh*t *ahem* i mean liability here.
Edit: what i mean is that he's more likely to get an expen$ive divorce than michael buble.
Why would it be a commercial arrangement? The general consensus among women seems to be that Johnny Depp is a good-looking man. He is also high status since his name is a household name and he is a famous movie star. So my guess is she has female friends and relatives jealous that she snagged Johnny Depp, a man some of them probably grew up crushing on when they watched his ghost pirate movies or his teen-themed police TV show when he was younger if they are older relatives. She probably isn't getting the questions of why she would choose some old dude instead of a man her own age.

Maybe someone Johnny Depp knows might warn him about the gold digger thing, but I would imagine men he knows would understand the appeal of a young beautiful woman. If it's just as easy to marry a young pretty woman as it is to marry an old saggy one.... you know.

Anyway, if one of my daughters had grown up and wanted to marry Johnny Depp, I'd oppose it. For one thing, he's a divorced man. There is the religious issue. And Hollywood actors would be low on my list of preferences for someone for my daughters or son to marry. I've drilled it into the kids, especially the girls, from a young age, that marriage means when your dad approves of a man and you get married and live together. I prefer the Asian mindset-- that the parents help you get married or at the very least approve of it or you don't marry.... the father of the bride at least has to approve. The house rule is no dating until they are old enough to get married or close to it.

I am not against my daughters marrying an older man in principal. When my children were very small children, I had a friend whose wife passed away. He was a preacher and church planter, and I respected that and certain things about him. My wife and I tried to match him up with a woman from the same country of from a similar ethnic background. She was older and single. Instead, he went to a conference in another country where he had planted a church. A young woman there believed the Lord spoke to her that this was to be her husband. She mentioned it to her mom. Word got back to him. He was very eager. She was a pretty blond around 30. He might have been around 50. They got married pretty soon, had a bunch of kids. He eventually passed away. The boys might have been teenagers. I am not sure if he had insurance or money saved up. He wasn't very wealth focused. I wouldn't be opposed to a 20 year age gap for my girls if the man had been single and celibate or had been faithful while married and then widowed. If he's a good quality family man with the same faith and values, that's a good thing. My girls want children, so I wouldn't want them marrying a sterile old man who'd gotten snipped. That kind of stuff is pretty important.

For my son, though, I wouldn't want him marrying a much older woman because I want grand children to carry on the family name, my branch of it at least. I wouldn't want him marrying a slutty girl who'd slept around or some left wing person from Hollywood, either.

Having the sameness and similarities in faith, values, and lifestyle is important. It is a lot more important than liking the same style of music or looks. To some extent, looks that appealed to me were 'table stakes' for me to consider a woman, but there also had to be similarities in the area of faith, values, and lifestyle. There was one very pretty woman about five years older than me that I got close to as a friend, went around places with, but she was pretty clear that we were not dating because she had interest in some else. At the time, I might have considered something with her, but later realized it would not have been a good dynamic since she had this 'older sister' attitude toward me and I would not have been able to get a word in edgewise.