Anyone Suffer from Severe Depression?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Anyone Suffer from Severe Depression?

Post by zacb »

I know if it were not for goals, I would be dead. I have suffered with depression on and off throughout my teens and adulthood, and I have been able to cope somewhat. But at one point I felt suicidal as a young child. Anyone else feel like that?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Me thinks by the sound of your post that you are still suffering from depression.

If you are still suffering from depression as an adult, you need to seek help from a professional.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Or if it's just not working over here in America, GET OVERSEAS!

I know you were interested in starting a business in America but it's not worth your life.

For me, I can tolerate America for a bit longer so I can invest in real estate and start businesses.
Johnny
Freshman Poster

Post by Johnny »

Yea i do Suffer from Severe Depression from living in New York and this country but when i travel my depression go away and am happy smiling having fun. well my Depression is due to the fact that New York city is a miserable police Nazi state were every body are stuck up rude materialistic and gettho and also i got nothing in common with Americans as that i am more close to Europeans and Latin american people. For all I care America could stink to the bottle of the ocean and i wont even shed a tear or lose any sleep.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Of course I was depressed when I was single in America. That just makes sense.

So when are you getting out and where are you going? That is what to focus on.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Anyone Suffer from Severe Depression?

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:I know if it were not for goals, I would be dead. I have suffered with depression on and off throughout my teens and adulthood, and I have been able to cope somewhat. But at one point I felt suicidal as a young child. Anyone else feel like that?
Is there a concise medical meaning of depression?
Just looked at wiki's definition of it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depression_%28mood%29
That didn't help.
Seems almost any unpleasant feeling or mood is covered under the umbrella of "depression". :?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

No-one can really blame you, if you're in a lonely, miserable unhappy situation, you're not sure what to do about it, and especially so if those around you seem not to care/understand/take your feelings seriously.

Never feel ashamed to be open about it.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: Anyone Suffer from Severe Depression?

Post by Maverick »

zacb wrote:I know if it were not for goals, I would be dead. I have suffered with depression on and off throughout my teens and adulthood, and I have been able to cope somewhat. But at one point I felt suicidal as a young child. Anyone else feel like that?
I have my ups and downs and I think that I have a tendency to be depressed, but I'm generally okay.

In my experience and observations, very intelligent people have a tendency to become depressed unless they have a lot going on to take their minds off of things.

I know from your posts that you are starting up various businesses, which is a good thing. Do you hit the gym as well? Do you have any other hobbies?

Also, I read that you are getting into PUA as well, which can also be a good idea. If you've never had success with women in your life, it's easy to think that this kind of success will fix your depression. Unfortunately, it won't, from my experience. Just look at all of the guys that travel abroad and have new-found success, only to say that they are no happier than they were in their home countries.

It's best to develop coping mechanisms as soon as possible, and those mechanisms should not involve women, in my opinion.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Go apply for Federal Disability!

Relationships are important, I get tired of unmarried/divorced men touting its unimportant to overall development and happiness.

People who are miserable at home or overseas is more than just success or lack of success with women, its something else. In that case seek some professional help but resist the idea of putting you on some sort of drug.

A friend of mine struggled with women and made it too his mid-20's before it was too much and committed suicide successfully (more often than not its unsuccessful leading to more depression...).

I would highly suggest you continue to make plans to exit the US.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

SilverEnergy wrote:Me thinks by the sound of your post that you are still suffering from depression.

If you are still suffering from depression as an adult, you need to seek help from a professional.
Mild bouts. It is not as bad, but more from let downs by women or ideas. I guess what I was getting at was how I got over my severe depression was through family help and through working towards the future. So I don't feel as depressed, just more about circumstances not changing as much. I have gotten a job, so that will change things a bit, can't wait to start saving for a vacation :) . I have seen some help, but he said I will be fine. That what most people say. I really wonder if it is me, or if the people around here are eh. I am trying to work with what I've got, but it ain't working.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've suffered from severe depression since the time I was 8 years old I know what your going through.

My depression was the result of mercury amalgam fillings, chlorine and fluoride in water and soda and eating anything with wheat in it. I had my fillings removed and replaced with composite(white fillings) had 4 rounds of chelation therapy to remove heavy metals which resulted in a dramatic improvement in my mood with no side effects. It should be noted depression is the main symptom of hypothyroidism and adrenal dysfunction you can ask to be tested by your doctor. You might need thyroid medication if your TSH test results are too low. Due to fluoride and chlorine in drinking water many people have hypothyroid problems and don't even know it. However, do not let your doctor put you on antidepressants, they will screw you up even more. You should avoid seeing a psychologist or a psychiatrist at all costs, their extremely incompetent and expensive.

Also, I've greatly improved my energy by simply eating eggs and drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice for breakfast.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Having read about real depression, rather than this huge umbrella of nonsense they spout today so that they can medicate more people, I know I never suffered from it, but I have been profoundly miserable at different times in the past. That completely ended 5 and a half years ago when I went abroad and I haven't had any bouts since.

This doesn't mean I haven't had failures and disappointments, but having great social connections makes a huge difference in life.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

"but having great social connections makes a huge difference in life."
Absolutely. Unfortunately the society we have to day is individualistic to such a degree that it doesn't recognise this need, or thus the mentality there must be something wrong with you if you try to talk about it. Due to a lot of the problems that people talk about on here that are common, it's no surprise that some people feel at a bit of a dead-end in this respect.

What makes it a double whammy, is the way that if you're lacking in those needs, people around you will try to put the blame on you, not take you seriously, or accuse you of whining, having the affect of making you feeling alone, in feeling alone. As Winston has said in his articles about loneliness. I think this has got a huge part to play.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

A lack of good social connections is one of the leading causes of depression.

You can't continue to go on without true social connections for too long.

You're gonna have to start meeting people at some point.

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

mattyman wrote:"but having great social connections makes a huge difference in life."
Absolutely. Unfortunately the society we have to day is individualistic to such a degree that it doesn't recognise this need, or thus the mentality there must be something wrong with you if you try to talk about it. Due to a lot of the problems that people talk about on here that are common, it's no surprise that some people feel at a bit of a dead-end in this respect.

What makes it a double whammy, is the way that if you're lacking in those needs, people around you will try to put the blame on you, not take you seriously, or accuse you of whining, having the affect of making you feeling alone, in feeling alone. As Winston has said in his articles about loneliness. I think this has got a huge part to play.
I am not quite sure about individualism. See peer pressure.