I can't read this forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

I can't read this forum

Post by Johnny1975 »

Every day I check out the MGTOW forum, Roosh's forum, and this forum. But when it comes to this place, for some reason, more often than not, I find myself not actually reading much, no matter how interesting the thread is.

I click on threads that seem interesting, while pressing shift so that it opens a new window for each one, and then when I go through them, I just read the first line, scroll down a bit, then close the window and move onto the next, only to do the same. There's just something about the way it looks that puts me off. And the list of the latest 100 topics, I can never see when the last post was.

Come on Winston, why don't you make those changes that you talked about for so long. Right now it looks too amateurish, and that's not good, considering that I actually like it here and the topics are mostly interesting but I just can't read them. Do it for me. Just me.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You're not making sense. What is amateurish about this forum's template? What repels you about it? You gotta be specific. What you said is highly subjective and can be said for anything.

The template here is clear, organized and works. What more could you ask for?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

We need more guys to go abroad, do stupid stuff, and report back.

My family tell me I should go to Vegas - maybe then I can meet Winston and find out he's really real.

I'm prepping myself for another year of going abroad, doing stupid shit and coming home again. If only because having been abroad for a year I'm now an outcast in my own country. Fucksocks.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Winston wrote:You're not making sense. What is amateurish about this forum's template? What repels you about it? You gotta be specific. What you said is highly subjective and can be said for anything.

The template here is clear, organized and works. What more could you ask for?
I don't understand why you put so much effort a while back into discussing changes to the forum, when in the end, you didn't change it. If you had plans to make changes then obviously you would have had some reason to want to make those changes. That's what makes no sense.

Come on, in all the other forums that I've been to, when you view the latest posts, you can see who posted last, and when. So many times I've clicked on a thread that I saw before, thinking that maybe someone has posted something new, only to find that it's the same as it was before. If I'd known, I wouldn't have clicked on it. I know it might seem like a minor thing, but it's a bit annoying. That's the main thing for me.

The other thing is the general design, the look of it. The examples that you yourself linked to from that phpbb thingy were good. Much more professional and tidy.

And then there's this :

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes
and Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101 Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences!
New! Don't miss AFA's new TV reality show Bachelors Abroad on National Geographic! See Trailer clip

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members are screened.
FlyingMoose
Freshman Poster

Post by FlyingMoose »

Can you see the little red arrow and page icon next to the topics with new posts? Maybe you need to enable cookies or something.

I've been on many forms, and have run a forum for about 10 years (which I no longer have) and a BBS for a number of years before that, and I find this one quite nice and easy to use.

I have found it to be fairly slow lately, but there's not much Winston can do about that.

The one thing that kind of annoys me sometimes is that the date/time of each post is at the bottom instead of the top, it always takes me forever to find. But I've gotten used to that.

Actually, if the first post in a new thread is more than a few sentences, I usually skip past it and read the comments. Some people here post really long topic-starting posts. Then if I find it really interesting after that, I will go back and read the original post.