Living in the suburbs means death to your social life

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Living in the suburbs means death to your social life

Post by jamesbond »

Here is a good video that explains why living the suburbs for single people is "death to your social life." There are almost no single women in the suburbs it's filled with married women (and the occasional single mother). Also, there is nothing to do in the suburbs for single people.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

Yeah but you can still find decent looking middle age women and approach them until you can get out of the suburbs.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Damn right man, it's atrocious.
I've been wanting to post some pictures I took sitting on my local Dunkin' Donuts on a Saturday. It's pathetic really.

Great video.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

droid wrote:Damn right man, it's atrocious.
I've been wanting to post some pictures I took sitting on my local Dunkin' Donuts on a Saturday. It's pathetic really.

Great video.
Your right, living in the suburbs is about as exciting as watching cement dry. I see NO single women what so ever, whether I am at a grocery store, book store or shopping mall. All I see are married women and children.

It's also hard to make friends with guys, because almost all the guys who live in the suburbs are married.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Most of the jobs in my field (Engineering) are located in the far-flung suburbs around big cities. It's this way everywhere: Chicago, New York, SF, LA, Boston, DC, Houston, etc. For example, if I moved to New York for a job, I wouldn't be working in Manhattan/Brooklynn/Bronx/Queens, I'd be stuck in some shady industrial park out in fvckin' New Jersey (no offense to any of you Jersey boys, you all know what I mean now). I think they stick Engineering firms out in the boring-est, bland-est suburbs on purpose to keep engineers socially isolated. The Democratic Party raises taxes in the city, thus driving up property values to make the city unaffordable to engineering firms. Then they work bipartisanly (albeit covertly) with the Republican tools who give the CEOs corporate incentives to relocate to the 'burbs. It's all part of the system to keep guys like me slaving away providing the world with technology, while my creative potential is stifled, I remain single or settle for an ugly girl, and buy a suburban house so the gov't can keep the housing market strong and also get my property tax resources and blow it on over-budget highway construction projects and stupid people. I am a hamster spinning the wheels of their pagan establishment. I can't wait to get the heck out of my corporate day job and do my own independent/freelance engineering work, then I can live where ever I want. Colombia sounds nice.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I guess I would define suburbs a bit differently. There are many suburban areas that have nightlife and social opportunities, most notably the DC suburbs. That is by no means an endorsement of those suburbs because the people there suck generally.