Is Night Game Really Dead In America?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Is Night Game Really Dead In America?

Post by Banano »

http://www.rooshv.com/is-night-game-rea ... in-america

In the golden area of modern pickup (around 2000-2005), a little night game was all you needed to consistently meet cute American girls in bars and clubs. It had its flaws, but just knowing how to approach with a little confidence and dancing skill would be enough to get laid. You wouldn’t have to use the internet and back then day game was nothing more than a niche for guys who didn’t drink. Flaking was a low level annoyance instead of a common outcome. You didn’t have to aim for a one-night stand because chances were reasonable that a girl would show up on a first date.

My one month experience in DC earlier this year clearly shows me how much night game has declined. Now I know many of you rightly counter that DC is not America, but it is a canary in the coal mine of where American culture is headed. Negative shifts seem to happen in DC first and then gradually spread out to most other metropolitan cities, and I’ll be surprised if the experience I’m about to describe is totally foreign to American men who have never stepped foot in DC. Here are some things I noticed:

Lopsided sex ratio that hover around 3 guys for every 1 girl. If you’re lucky, you’ll see brief flashes of 1.5 guys per girl.

Almost no top talent unless you go to the snobbiest clubs in town where table service or promoter connections are a requirement to get the attention of above-average talent.

Decreasing level of thirst in women because their option pipeline is near capacity.
Having to compete with a woman’s iPhone.

An increase in group size with the presence of beta orbiters who purchase drinks and thus lock in the girls for the night.

A hostility to “randomâ€￾ men who are not pre-screened via social circle or a swipe of destiny on Tinder.

An unreasonable expectation from girls on how perfect your conversation must be when approaching. If you don’t completely capture her attention within the first minute, you’re out.

An increase in women putting down men to elevate their egos. Women always rejected men, but now they are trying to emotionally hurt you with nasty attitudes and cheap insults, leading to sour interactions that kill your mood.

An increase in bartenders and staff cockblocking your attempt and actually competing directly with you for the few good-looking women present.

Lack of eye contact from women or even recognition that there are men in the vicinity.

Presence of desperate men cockblocking each other—even their own friends—just to receive a chance at having a conversation with an okay-looking woman.

Increase in seeing ugly hogs rejecting moderately good looking men.

Decreased ability of girls to have a normal conversation with a stranger without looking at her phone or friends for comfort.

Decreased ability for girls to handle a joke or non politically correct comment without getting angry or emotional.

Increase in girls being incredibly cheap in not wanting to buy their own drinks. They rather save $40 and be surrounded by orbiters they don’t want to have sex with than buy their own drinks and make themselves more accessible to men who they may have a sexual interest in.

Increase in amount of unattractive cougars past 30 who are aggressive in flirting with you and feel entitled to your cock.

Increase in attractive girls being protected by multiple layers of orbiters and female friends, preventing you from even attempting an approach.

My most positive night game interactions came when the girl was highly into my appearance or believed that I possessed some type of status. I did not have a case where I approached a girl, she was neutral, and then I was able to increase the attraction by being interesting, cocky, and so on (reminding me a bit of my time in Brazil). Girls are now judging you almost immediately and the game becomes about not screwing up when this initial attraction is present, but even when a girl judged me as attractive initially, her friends, emotional fragility, and smartphone were ready to sabotage the interaction.

This leads me to believe that unattractive guys should not waste their time in clubs. Guys who are shy or non-entertaining clowns will also not get anything.
Everything I saw in my month suggests that you must be physically average or above average to play night game in DC (or have very low standards). In addition, you need to possess a high level of game to simply maintain that initial attraction (get ready for her to bombard you with an inordinate amount of silly tests throughout the interaction) and also have the logistical know-how to seal the deal. At the same time, you can possess all these positive traits and still perform very poorly in DC. There is now a bit of luck factor involved in pulling.

For the more average man, day game is still fruitful, but this will see a slight decline as women show hostility to non-approved men everywhere, not just in clubs. We now have to admit that “street harassment,â€￾ rape hysteria programming, and general feminist propaganda are having the effect of making American women more averse to meeting strange men. This reason, in addition to girls simply having difficulty in holding conversations with strangers due to technology co-dependence, will put day game in danger within the next ten years. You can have the best day game in the world, but how will you even be able to begin the connection process if women are losing the ability to converse with new people thanks to their slavish addiction to technology?

It used to be the case that if you weren’t getting results from night game, you were probably doing many things wrong. But now, even if you do everything right, the DC night environment is so stacked against you that it may take several nights out and dozens of hours just to meet a decent girl who ends up flaking on you in the end anyway. If you’re starting to learn game today in environments similar to DC, I just can’t advise doing so at night. Go to bars with your friends for fun, and do the occasional approach on a girl you like, but you should be focusing on doing a couple day approaches a day.

What happens with the internet should be interesting. You hear second-hand stories of guys killing it on Tinder, but not many first-hand accounts. Just like in clubs, you’ll have elite men doing extremely well, and then more average men spending untold hours optimizing, swiping, and copy-pasting just to bang the occasional 6.5. Since night game is so bad, more guys will be moving to the internet, though not to day game, since it’s significantly hard to approach girls alone without alcohol. The inevitable result is that a 5 online is now getting attention from guys rated 7 and up. Once a city beings to see a decline in night game, men will cockify the internet, making online pickup harder. Decline begets decline.

This is what you need today to do well at night (the more qualities you have the better):

Appearance that is not below average. Ugly guys already suffer, but soon they won’t be getting even scraps. We need to put them on an emergency Thailand expatriation plan or legalize prostitution so they don’t kill themselves (or others).
Perfect game. You will not be able to make a single mistake even if a girl is attracted to you, because several guys will be waiting in the wings. Good-looking guys didn’t need game in the past, but now they do.
Extensive social circle. Back in 2002, having a social circle didn’t provide huge benefits because attractive girls were more accessible in night venues, but we’re seeing a shift to where having a deep roster of friends and high status within that social group will be necessary to get access that was essentially “freeâ€￾ before.
A bulletproof niche. It used to be that a niche was having one favorite bar in the city that you would go to a couple times a week, but now you will need a sort of detailed recipe of localized status or fame that other men can’t easily reproduce and that provides you with at least 6 months of relatively easy sex before it busts or is copied by other men.
My outlook is highly negative because you have to understand I’m connecting a 2002 dot with a 2014 dot. The decline from those two points of time is nothing short of devastating. I was a 23-year-old kid back then with the lowest of game and the most horrible lines and retarded style but I received more positive reactions in DC than I got on my most recent trip, when my objective value is at its highest.

I was starkly reminded that in DC I’m scum, just another drop in the bucket of employed men, and I’d have to be a masochist to permanently accept the type of abuse I was given. I think back to my one week in Toronto, and maybe I’m applying revisionist memory, but I’m certain I got more positive reactions there. I can’t say I’m crying about this since my stay was only for one month, but as long as I value having good women in my life—and the ability to obtain one without killing myself—DC is nothing short of hell in North America for men.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Reading this article makes you wonder if game or PUA ever worked for average/unattractive guys?

Is he implying that day game is way to go?
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Damn dude, you hit the nail on the head about fifty thousand times just now. ha ha So true, all of it! That reminds me of back in 98', when I was a bouncer at a nightclub and I couldn't beat the girls off with a stick, even my female coworkers. I couldn't even go into the back to get some more cases of bear for the bartender without the women who work there trying to go inside the cooler with me and lock the door behind us. And now? Now I'm f***ing invisible as shit, and I'm even alot better looking now days. I really don't know what to make of current life in the States anymore. Men have gotten worse too, just in their own way. Women have mostly turned against men even further though. And its like something has killed their sex drives too.
Bstyle
Freshman Poster

Post by Bstyle »

I went clubbing a lot from 1999-2003 during the so called "golden era" and things were no different then. I never got any lays from a club. I danced with some girls and even made out with one but that was it.
Banano wrote:Reading this article makes you wonder if game or PUA ever worked for average/unattractive guys?

As bad as clubs are, day game is even worse. For the most part women seem to get really annoyed by day game approaches. They don't seem to want to be bothered by random men during the day unless he's really handsome or rich.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Roosh has posted some great stuff lately. Those items are spot on.
Bstyle wrote:I went clubbing a lot from 1999-2003 during the so called "golden era" and things were no different then. I never got any lays from a club. I danced with some girls and even made out with one but that was it.Is he implying that day game is way to go?As bad as clubs are, day game is even worse. For the most part women seem to get really annoyed by day game approaches. They don't seem to want to be bothered by random men during the day unless he's really handsome or rich.
I second your experience, I went out the most from 97 to 2002, and it sucked too. Plenty of douchebaggery and cuntbaggery back then too.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

jtest28 wrote:Damn dude, you hit the nail on the head about fifty thousand times just now. ha ha So true, all of it! That reminds me of back in 98', when I was a bouncer at a nightclub and I couldn't beat the girls off with a stick, even my female coworkers.
Might it have been the position you occupied that had that effect?
nicho12
Freshman Poster

Post by nicho12 »

Cornfed wrote:
jtest28 wrote:Damn dude, you hit the nail on the head about fifty thousand times just now. ha ha So true, all of it! That reminds me of back in 98', when I was a bouncer at a nightclub and I couldn't beat the girls off with a stick, even my female coworkers.
Might it have been the position you occupied that had that effect?
Game doesn't work anymore in America, the amount of time and money that I have spent gaming in America could have been spent building a small empire in some third world country
The
Junior Poster

Re: Is Night Game Really Dead In America?

Post by The »

Banano wrote:http://www.rooshv.com/is-night-game-rea ... in-america

Appearance that is not below average. Ugly guys already suffer, but soon they won’t be getting even scraps. We need to put them on an emergency Thailand expatriation plan or legalize p4p so they don’t kill themselves (or others).

DAMN....JUST DAMN!!!........Welll better book a trip to Thailand!!!!
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Maybe there is some truth in the following comment:

"Are you open to the idea that you've been operating under a false premise this entire time? Occam's Razor tells me that your value probably WAS higher at 23 than at 33, that the entire "men appreciate in value with age" meme is (almost) as false for men as it is for women, and that your game, beyond the courage it equips you with to actually start an interaction, is placebo at best, highly dubious at worse, and probably equivalent to the woman who thinks a corporate job gives her a better shot of landing a quality man. Just a thought."

Lets not forget that 23 and 33 is not the same, theres 10 year gap, you got older, you are not as energetic as before, you tend to think more which is not really what girls in their 20s get turned on. You are not this young care free guy anymore, a few grey hairs showing here and there, your skin is not as vibrant as it once was.
All of these things are working against you, not saying it is the only reason but it certainly plays big part.

Roosh is in his mid 30s and it is not realistic to expect to bang young 6s and above, its always been tough to pull hot chicks at that age.

Is he finally realizing that he never had 'game' or what he thought was a game, all his successes with girls could be attributed to his youth and good looks he had in his 20s. If he was in Winstons body from 2000-2005(golden age of pick-up) I doubt he would get laid.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Were easily duped and programmed by the state, there are a lot of issues here but most people do not realize they are a rat in a cage and the Federal Reserve is their master.

They control the direction our civilization is heading.
Time to Hide!
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 2nd, 2020, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Banano wrote:Lets not forget that 23 and 33 is not the same, theres 10 year gap, you got older, you are not as energetic as before, you tend to think more which is not really what girls in their 20s get turned on. You are not this young care free guy anymore, a few grey hairs showing here and there, your skin is not as vibrant as it once was.
All of these things are working against you, not saying it is the only reason but it certainly plays big part.
Roosh is in his mid 30s and it is not realistic to expect to bang young 6s and above, its always been tough to pull hot chicks at that age.
Is he finally realizing that he never had 'game' or what he thought was a game, all his successes with girls could be attributed to his youth and good looks he had in his 20s. If he was in Winstons body from 2000-2005(golden age of pick-up) I doubt he would get laid.
I just want to emphasize that only applies in America. In other places you're not and "old creep" when in your 30's, it may actually work in your favor.
Last edited by droid on July 29th, 2014, 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

Yeah, but I still did well with the girls in the club even before I became a bouncer. And man, I'm not a good talker either. I must have the worst PUA skills on Earth! I think just that times have changed in the USA. I saw the starkest change happen in 2007. I just couldn't believe I went from teenagers sometimes even literally trying to kick in my door at the tanning salon when they KNOW I'm not dressed, to being ignored by women of all ages. What the hells this world coming to?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Night Game Really Dead In America?

Post by jamesbond »

The wrote:
Banano wrote:http://www.rooshv.com/is-night-game-rea ... in-america

Appearance that is not below average. Ugly guys already suffer, but soon they won’t be getting even scraps. We need to put them on an emergency Thailand expatriation plan or legalize p4p so they don’t kill themselves (or others).
DAMN....JUST DAMN!!!........Welll better book a trip to Thailand!!!!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Bstyle wrote:I went clubbing a lot from 1999-2003 during the so called "golden era" and things were no different then. I never got any lays from a club. I danced with some girls and even made out with one but that was it.
Banano wrote:Reading this article makes you wonder if game or PUA ever worked for average/unattractive guys?

As bad as clubs are, day game is even worse. For the most part women seem to get really annoyed by day game approaches. They don't seem to want to be bothered by random men during the day unless he's really handsome or rich.
The best days of clubbing for me is when I was working under-the-table as a bouncer in Calgary in 2005. There were two clubs: one was called Manhattans...which has NY and Chicago-styled deep house, techno, rave and some chillwave music; the other one was called NYLA (pronounced Ny-Luh's) which was the Hip Hop/R&B place where non-Black women came to look for African and Afro-Canadian guys.

You guys do not know how easy it was for me to get numbers from the brother lovers whom I patted down in NYLA's on the regular. Some I'd feel up, and none of them would report me to my supervisor.

Try clubbing in the US of Gay....as a bouncer, I wouldn't get shit unless it were a strip club, and then I can get some scallie-wag hussie.