What the hell am I doing here?!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

What the hell am I doing here?!

Post by ryanx »

I am an atheist. I am not into marriage and long term commitment. I am allergic to kids and hate the responsibility. I can't stand scammers, gold diggers and whores. I loathe noise, pollution, stinky environments, beggers on the streets and bad service. And above all I detest bad food. What the hell am I doing here in the philippines?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ok well if you dont like where you're at then you can leave...DUH!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What the hell am I doing here?!

Post by MarcosZeitola »

ryanx wrote:I am an atheist. I am not into marriage and long term commitment. I am allergic to kids and hate the responsibility. I can't stand scammers, gold diggers and whores. I loathe noise, pollution, stinky environments, beggers on the streets and bad service. And above all I detest bad food. What the hell am I doing here in the philippines?
You sound like a very negative person to me, and negative people tend to be unhappy pretty much everywhere they go. If you are an atheist and hate the thought of marriage and kids, beggars and noise, I say your best choice is to just stay in the West and live comfortably alone. There will always be one person who can stomach your own personality no matter what you do and where you go, and that person is you. :wink:
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

You're misreading his tone, which is ironic. He's been an astute poster here for some time.

I've been posing the same question to myself for almost three weeks: Thailand is everything I hate, so what am I doing here? But in my case, the answer is simple enough -- I came here without any expectations, only to set foot in Asia for the first time, and get a cheap suit from a great tailor. And I get to leave in three days.

Though never having been there, I get your aversion to the Philippines. The real question is: Why didn't Valencia, Spain work?
Last edited by gsjackson on September 5th, 2014, 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
J_master
Freshman Poster

Post by J_master »

ryanx wrote:I am an atheist. I am not into marriage and long term commitment. I am allergic to kids and hate the responsibility. I can't stand scammers, gold diggers and whores. I loathe noise, pollution, stinky environments, beggers on the streets and bad service. And above all I detest bad food. What the hell am I doing here in the philippines?
Try going to Hong Kong or Singapore next time. You get what you pay for.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

why on earth did you go there in the first place? Pack up and go someplace that fits you and the future.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The only reason guys go to shiteholes like the Philippines or Pattaya is for easy sex. What is all the BS here?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrPeabody wrote:The only reason guys go to shiteholes like the Philippines or Pattaya is for easy sex. What is all the BS here?
It is? Tamdrin and I are the only ones here who have come to Pattaya recently, and he split after two days. I'm old, and don't want it that badly anymore. I wouldn't pay for it if it was the hottest woman on the planet. You'd have to pay me three figures or so to have sex with the women here, and supply triple coverage condoms. You'll get there soon, and understand.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:The only reason guys go to shiteholes like the Philippines or Pattaya is for easy sex. What is all the BS here?
It is? Tamdrin and I are the only ones here who have come to Pattaya recently, and he split after two days. I'm old, and don't want it that badly anymore. I wouldn't pay for it if it was the hottest woman on the planet. You'd have to pay me three figures or so to have sex with the women here, and supply triple coverage condoms. You'll get there soon, and understand.
Then why did you go there? You could have gotten fresh air in Arizona.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
One can still exercise one's Patriarchal gaze.

But, Mr. Jackson might want to consider having his testosterone levels checked.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
I was in eastern Europe, what I had planned to do in Warsaw fell through, I had three weeks to fill in, I knew this would be my only chance to ever be in Asia since I would never take a 15-hour flight across the Pacific. I wanted to get a suit, and I wanted to get a variety of massages -- yeah, maybe some with happy endings. The latter project ended when I got here and realized I couldn't go in the streets without holding my nose.

Your cynicism is getting a little over the line here, friend. And like I said, if you've still got enough of a sex drive at your age to contemplate getting it on with women like these, enjoy it while you can, because you won't have it much longer.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

pandabear wrote: But, Mr. Jackson might want to consider having his testosterone levels checked.

No point to it. Either weight lifting, cold showers, wine instead of beer, etc., etc. is going to get the job done, or it ain't happening. Because I'm not taking any hormone shots.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

You sound strictly first world to me...the real question might be...what in the hell are you doing anywhere?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
I was in eastern Europe, what I had planned to do in Warsaw fell through, I had three weeks to fill in, I knew this would be my only chance to ever be in Asia since I would never take a 15-hour flight across the Pacific. I wanted to get a suit, and I wanted to get a variety of massages -- yeah, maybe some with happy endings. The latter project ended when I got here and realized I couldn't go in the streets without holding my nose.

Your cynicism is getting a little over the line here, friend. And like I said, if you've still got enough of a sex drive at your age to contemplate getting it on with women like these, enjoy it while you can, because you won't have it much longer.
I was just curious that everyone seemed startled that they woke up in the morning and somehow ended up in the Philippines or Pattaya and didn't know how they got there.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

I was just curious that everyone seemed startled that they woke up in the morning and somehow ended up in the Philippines or Pattaya and didn't know how they got there.

Manila? We are landing in Manila in 30 minutes? The hell you say! I bought a ticket to Minneapolis!

>>>Oh, the hazards of carelessly booking tickets online!