What stops people from going abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

What psychological barriers stop you from going abroad?

The prospect of finding a job in a new country is too daunting
50%
I don't know where to start
No votes
I'm worried that people will scam me/take advantage of me
No votes
I'm skeptical/having doubts that it'd be worth it
No votes
Fear of homesickness
50%
I don't yet feel confident enough to travel alone
No votes

Total votes: 2
mattyman
Junior Poster

What stops people from going abroad?

Post by mattyman »

Of all those people who are in an unhappy place, and who are not doing anything about it, I simply want to find out WHY? I have strong reason to believe that a lot of the people who talk and don't act are facing barriers that if not financial, are psychological.

I just want to have a quick probe about and get an understanding of what people's main fears are with regards to travelling or living abroad.

I've already had a few stints in Spain, France, Italy and the Netherlands, doing various volunteering gigs and travelling alone. This has been good practice for more serious longer term travel. I'm very well aware of some of the concerns some people might face when travelling alone.

If you are tired of a crappy social environment, unapproachable women and want to gain access to better pickings overseas, but for some reason can't summon up the courage, please take a moment to fill out this poll.

Thanks
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

It´s damn expensive and you need ass long time to adapt mainly to poor shit hole countries where your legal rights are almost non existent. You are on your own without help from your friends and family at home.

It´s not exactly rocket science.