Propinquity is critical

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Propinquity is critical

Post by Jeremy »

From Wikipedia: "The propinquity effect is the tendency for people to form friendships or romantic relationships with those whom they encounter often, forming a bond between subject and friend."

Last night I got a call from 7 giggling girls begging me to join them at a nightclub. Yet during my college years, I didn't get one single invite. What's changed since then? I certainly didn't get better looking with age.

Answer: I fell into a job that has me working alongside young women who are essentially forced to interact with me everyday. Over time, they begin to see me as a "safe" dude and, eventually, someone they feel a kinship with. I now regularly have 20 year old HB8's confiding in me. The kind of girls who wouldn't spit in my direction when I was 20.

The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Re: Propinquity is critical

Post by Signet »

Get a job in marketing. FILLED with women at every place I've been, and some of those places paid extremely well.

Some of them will be, of course, older women. But there are quite a few young ones as well. Perhaps not as much as if you were a barista, but probably enough to cushion the pay gap.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Signet wrote:Get a job in marketing. FILLED with women at every place I've been, and some of those places paid extremely well.
Except that you can't generally get a job in Marketing because it is ... filled with women. And anyway, you would just be friendzoned if you are not a bigshot, which is degrading and sucks.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

Unless you look like Brian Posehn (that is, not merely unattractive, but scruffy on top of it), or you act like a timid p***y who got lost and simply ended up there by accident, the chances of being friendzoned instantly by every single person are not as high as you make them out to be.

And the OP makes no mention of 'friendzone' either way. If you're going to get auto-zoned in Marketing, you were going to get the same treatment in the cheap, menial job too, and Marketing still pays better.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Jeremy wrote:The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.
I hear you. I studied engineering and it was nothing but a sausage-fest with a few obviously enthroned c*nts. Eng. pay is good but it's freaking social suicide.
I had to go back to my uni last year to visit a professor, and the building had been converted into the nursing department. Man what a difference, a bunch of girls and they actually momentarily stared at the one dude that entered.
What a f*kn dilemma. I'm entering the uni in china for leisure-study and freaking do different this time.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

droid wrote:
Jeremy wrote:The depressing implication to all this is that having a legit career will actually hurt your smv in the west. Because of course the kind of jobs that put you around young women tend to be low paying and offer little opportunity for advancement.
I hear you. I studied engineering and it was nothing but a sausage-fest with a few obviously enthroned c*nts. Eng. pay is good but it's freaking social suicide.
I had to go back to my uni last year to visit a professor, and the building had been converted into the nursing department. Man what a difference, a bunch of girls and they actually momentarily stared at the one dude that entered.
What a f*kn dilemma. I'm entering the uni in china for leisure-study and freaking do different this time.
I should have went to bible college. At least i could have found a wife there. and I could be a preacher in India :D