A personal experience of white worshipping in East Asia

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Re: A personal experience of white worshipping in East Asia

Post by Bao3niang »

At this point I view my relationshio with her as nothing much beyond a pure monetary exchange. Emotionally and intellectually we have nothing in common. I don't want to waste any more time with her, but growing up in such a dysfunctional environment has still left its marks.

I will post pics of me soon.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Bao3niang wrote:I will post pics of me soon.
You do that. And some of your mother, too. Won't be too hard to find, assuming she is as Westernized, shallow and materialistic as you say she is that pretty much means she has to have a Facebook account! :wink:
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I don't know how to post pics on the forum and all my dating profiles are either inactive or have been deleted by me, so I will link you to my FB page. I don't post status updates on FB and I'll delete the pics of myself (without glasses) on there once you've seen them. The ones of me wearing black were taken yesterday, the ones wearing white were taken just now.

For the sake of showing how ridiculous my mom and her friends / acquaintances are, how can anyone that's not partially or fully blind say I'm mixed? This young man looks fully Asian to me. Now, for those of you that haven't read my story at the beginning of this post, I was born with brownish-yellow hair for some reason but by the age of 3 or 4 my hair became fully black like any other Asian child.

And, no, my mom does not actually use Facebook or any other social networking site. However, she tries to be a know-it-all by sharing pseudo-philosophical crap on her WeChat wall. She also has an obsession with health and hygiene. She claims to be a Buddhist, but the form of Buddhism that she and the rest of the "family" practices is heavily mixed with elements of Confucianism, Daoism, and Chinese folk beliefs. Don't fool me, I'm sure that in authentic Buddhism there's no praying to statues, no burning of incense, nor worshiping a Chinese general that wasn't too competent in history but became a deity figure due to a novel (Guan Yu). It's nothing but a cult to me.

I guess, like a significant number of Chinese, what she really worships is money and status. She takes pride in the fact that she may not be purely Asian, using the grey eyes of her father (her mother's first husband) and his side of the "family" as evidence. Her skin is also unnaturally pale. She loves to buy Chanel, and told me how an Eastern European saleswoman (Ukrainian) at a Chanel store in Vancouver once made the remark that they share an ancestor. The Ukrainian woman got another staff member, a HK woman, to stand beside my mom, and made the comparison of how the HK woman looked purely "yellow" while my mom had an air of "nobility" not found in pure Chinese genes.

Truth is, Carolina (her name) often mocks Chinese people for having "yellow" skin and being low in class compared to whites. I don't have any pics of her now, I will try to a few. However, she has makeup on her face almost 24/7. It takes her hours to do makeup every single day of the week, even if she's just going to the fricking supermarket!

In the meantime, take a look at my pics first and tell me if I look "mixed" as they claim:
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.teng.121
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

She looks totally disgusting and unnatural to me, but almost everyone else praises her for her looks. Filipinas, Vietnamese, "typical" Chinese etc. would all be considered as ugly and subhuman by her standards.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I appreciate your response, Rock. It's interesting to get a perspective from a non-Asian source. In a lot of ways, you act and think more like an Asian than a White person, which Winston has mentioned that about you before. Haha...I wish more White guys had your temperament and attitude in Asia, Rock.

I do agree, in part, that a lot of this has to do with wealth inequalities rather than race. But I do disagree with those people who say race doesn't play an important role in all of this; to me, it's obvious.

Anyway, I enjoyed my trip to Taiwan. I told my friend that Taiwan reminds of a cross between China, S. Korea and Japan. Do you think that sounds accurate about Taiwan?
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

Found this from a thread about the racism whites experience in Korea:

"1. Didn't get in at all ("NO FOREIGNERS") (4 times. 2 of those times we finally got in, but ONLY with help from Korean friends.).
2. Random kyopo wanna-be thug gets in my face and starts talking smack just one minute after I enter ("Where YOU from? etc.) had never seen him before and no girls were even around. He was a coward and finally backed off, but was a complete a-hole.
3. overall unwelcome vibes: Piercing stares non-stop if you go anywhere near a Korean female or table of them
4. not so passive aggressive bumps and elbows and pushes if you DANCE anywhere near a Korean female (can be dealt with, but VERY annoying). Also, the guys are not dancing at all until the foreign guy goes near her.
5. Was told "What are you doing? This isn't your country." while talking to a Korean female.
6. Extremely unfriendly staff, seating us in the worst, remote seats possible and ignoring us.
7. Making us pay first for drinks, finding out later that none of the Koreans had to do that. We called them on it, and it was because we were "foreigners"
8. Were told by girls "Foreigner dangerous!" while talking. When asked WHY, they said they saw it on the news! lol
9. Having bartenders tell patrons "foreigners are playboys" after we'd already met the girls, ruining everything. The bartender didn't even know us.
10. Having a patron talk smack about us to a female bartender who liked us, but suddenly wouldn't have anything to do with us. Had never seen the patron before. (3 similar situations, all with people who didn't even know us, each time there was talk about "foreigners, bla bla ").
11. Kissed a girlfriend near the bathroom area, Korean guy freaks out, gets in my face, won't let me pass, tries to grab me, instantly turns into fight.
12. Friend's story: Guys pick a fight with a meek, mild foreign guy just standing outside the club. The Koreans are pushing the guy around, the friend comes out to help and ends up wrestling with one of the guys, random Korean walking down the street soccer kicks him in the head and knocks him out, not knowing anything about the scuffle other than it involves a foreigner."
http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtop ... &start=435

I feel like I've been benefited from being white in Asia- especially when applying for teaching jobs. On the other hand, there have been plenty of times I've been discriminated against for being a foreigner. I think people bring up white privilege to explain the race achievement gap in America. I read a study that came to the conclusion that blacks and Latinos don't earn less than whites because of discrimination. They earn less than whites because they are less educated than whites. Minorities that do value education such as many Asian American groups and Jews have been able to surpass the per capita earnings of whites.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Traveler,

I'm an Asian American guy that has two Bachelor Degrees in American and do OK income wise but I can tell you that growing up..as an Asian American guy .
Even with my education it meant shit in the work place or even in life. There is over representation of Asian in higher education but under representation of Asian in higher management. Hmm...why is that? Glass ceilng??? maybe the good old boys club..I tried to work for a brokerage company and notice how the higher ups are all white guys and they prefer it that way.

1.I got jumped by white guys , latin guys and once chase by black guys for walking in the wrong neighborhood.
2. Back when I was single I tried to approach white girls but got harass by white girls and white guys for being in wrong club.
3. I also approach Asian American girls who had self hate for being Asian and wouldn't date Asian guys but as a white guy you would benefit.
4. I receive poor service a number of times in restaurant and realize that the white person that was waiting behind me got better service.
5. I worked for not one but two company that stereotype Asian American guys as quiet and hard working so..they gave me all the tough work that I was suppose to do and when I ask for raise they were surprise that I had a back bone. (Currently I work for myself in matter of fact I notice many Asian American guys that do well work for themselves because of the glass ceiling in America.)
6. Been called chink..gook you must have a rice dick etc...etc..and still get name calling and I live in big city.
7. I had Asian male friends who tried to talk to white girls but ended up getting harass by white guys..

So Traveler,

In my visit to South korea....I notice a double standard in treatment. If your dark skin or from a poor country like India..Koreans really look down on them. With White people it's mix bag. Some really look up to white while others are indifferent and some just dont care but if your going to be a waeguk in Korea it's better to be a white guy. And yes many of the white guys I met had no trouble finding a Korean girl friend. Where as back in the states I still meet Asian American guys struggling in getting with white women. Korean guys know this ..and so they will cock block because they know that there isn't a limitless supply of women.

I heard friends of mines (Asian males) who got beat up by white skin heads in USA. I never heard of a Korean version of a skin head or a nationalist movement..if anything Koreans may something or stare but don't won't lynch you..but here in old USA there is history of beatings of white guys doing that to people of color.

So you can cry me river and say this is social injustice but I find that white guys in Asia are sooooo hypocritical..it's NOT ABOUT SOICAL INJUSTICE OR RACISM..IF IT WAS THEY WOULD HELP OUT THE PEOPLE OF COLOR BACK IN AMERICA..no what it is that white guys get upset because they don't have TOTALLY privelage in Asia....
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Hehe hope you guys check out my pics soon.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

From another thread on the treatment of Asian-American men ...

---
Even in my neck of the woods, growing up, I'd seen that many of the suicides in my HS dragnet area were Asian-American males. And Asians are at most, < 15% of any of these MA suburbs.

I think there's pressure from two sides of the fence, the first are parents with high expectations (a.k.a Tiger Moms), and second, from a society which doesn't acknowledge them as anything special outside of academics.

When Jeremy Lin, the Asian-American professional basketball from Harvard had his huge breakout season in NYC, a lot of mainstream doubters assumed that he would crash/burn and never become the next <fill-in-your-favorite All Star>. Many Asian held the opposite p.o.v. And during his meteoric rise, a.k.a Linsanity, he was insulted by Ben & Jerry's Co by making a custom flavor with fortune cookies in his name. Yes, no one was happy with that gesture, esp other Asians.

Sure he got injured and went through rehabilitation, however, he was later sidelined by coaches, management, traded often, and was never quite the same. Sure, he's had a few good seasons, statistics wise, but all and all, it's almost as if the league wanted him to be a lowly bench player than a near star again.
-----
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Here's my dialogue with Jester on why Armenians are assimilated 'whites' but Asians are permanent outsiders to the American fabric ...

Jester, let me help illustrate my p.o.v with a contemporary example. The current Boston bomber, Tsarnaev, is the most hated person in New England because of the bombings, not because of his Chechen ethnicity. If he were let's say a member of the Orthodox or if liberal … the Unitarian church and he never did a bad thing in his life, since he was interested in health care at UM, then perhaps today, he'd be in some physician's assistant training program. By his mid-to-late 20s, he'd be a respected member of the community, basically, a good white/ethnic kid with a good career path.

On the other hand, the children of east Asian parents will never be white/ethnic. In some ways, they'll always be seen as children of ex-pats because America assimilates whites from around the world. This is why your perspective of Armenians baffles me because in Boston, even the Irish mainstay would rather have everyone who sees themselves as "different", be of Armenian background than Hispanic or Asian. And as for the so-called Boston Irish, many of them are at best 50% (or less) of Irish background. The general white population is a mix of Irish, British, German, Italian, and others, though higher concentration of Irish backgrounds are more common for Boston.

So Asians (different race), Latinos (differing language & sometimes differing races) are unconsciously treated as threats to mainstream America. Sure, in public, you don't see whites talking in those xenophobic ways but on the inside, many do feel that way. The fact that the Boston bomber threw away a chance at a good life, just to be a d*ck, given the fact that Putin, not Uncle Sam, was Chechnya’s enemy, tells me something about our society. Imagine if the bomber were Indonesian? You'd probably see a lot of angry whites, asking for the Indonesian diasporic communities to be deported, to stop terrorism. So far, ppl (in terms of volume) are not asking eastern Europeaners to leave America.
---

And then, how even recent immigrants, who don't fit into SoCal blase culture, actually get easily assimilated in a place like New England, provided they are white.

----
My theory is that California is not New England. California is an airhead society where newcomers will feel like they'd entered some wannabe *bleach blonde bimbo* Northern European descended state. I believe the Kardashians, who're part Armenian, are symbolic of that kind of thinking. Thus, if you meet transplanted Bostonians in SoCal (or even the SFBA), they'll always tell you how authentic their upbringing was, versus their new environment.

What New England has, is a society which started back in colonial times. In effect, what happened to the Irish, from the late 1800s to today, is that they made the region, Anglo-Celtic. And thus, as time goes by, each grouping becomes another piece of a fabric, going back to the Mayflower generation. Thus, all categories of white, are pretty assimilated including the newer Armenians, Russians, etc. Many of these folks, never speak their parents' languages, outside of the home. This is where the divide between Latinos and ethnic whites is formed. A slew of Latinos will speak Spanish in public and that's where a lot of the rift is occurring. I believe this is the nexus of the strife between the Anglo-Celtic majority and the Latin based communities. The creation of the Boston bomber was a result of his affiliation with some crazy Imams, not the fact that he was perceived as a lifelong outsider in the region. Normally, a kid like him would be an American physician's assistant today.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Bao3niang wrote:

In the meantime, take a look at my pics first and tell me if I look "mixed" as they claim:
https://www.facebook.com/andrew.teng.121
I wouldn't have guessed you as Chinese. You don't look yellow. I would have guessed you maybe as Latino. :D
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

Latino? You gotta be kidding. What I'm really worried about is having "Jewish" / Ashnekazic blood. This sounds very Hitler-like, but I despise those money grubbers who claim to be "Israelis".
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Bao3niang wrote:Latino? You gotta be kidding. What I'm really worried about is having "Jewish" / Ashnekazic blood. This sounds very Hitler-like, but I despise those money grubbers who claim to be "Israelis".
If you had any Jewish blood you'd be far more skilled at thinking up ways to become rich. And you don't have the nose for it. :lol:

Honestly, if you had a Jewish ancestor your family's oral history would probably know about it and had told you by now. Ask a grandparent or a great-uncle or aunt sometime, they might know. There's a very, very small percentage of Jews in China, and similarly of people who are their descendents. The percentage of people in China with Muslim heritage somewhere along the line is a lot larger. Muslim ancestry would translate itself in very much the same looks as Jewish ancestry, as the two are genetically closely entwined and share common Midde Eastern roots.

At this point, genetically speaking, it's going to be almost impossible to tell. Either way, it's irrelevant. You're not a "money grubber claiming to be an Israeli", you are just a Chinese guy raised in the West and going back East. That's all you need to know, brother.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Bao3niang wrote:Latino? You gotta be kidding. What I'm really worried about is having "Jewish" / Ashnekazic blood. This sounds very Hitler-like, but I despise those money grubbers who claim to be "Israelis".
OK, good for you, but aren't you Chinks somewhat moneygrubbing?
womenarealie
Freshman Poster

Post by womenarealie »

EastAsian women are pathetic when it comes to worshipping the lowliest,ugliest white guys there are(see these hipster douchebags all the time).they are mentally ill to say the least.

Would most Asian women care if all Eastasian men dropped dead tomorrow?So Why do Eastasian men continue to Chase these whores?Or men of color period(anyone not anglosaxon white) .

EA women would be glad if all brown/black men died tomorrow.