Poll: Why do you hate Tsar?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Poll: Why do you hate Tsar?

Post by Tsar »

Last edited by Tsar on May 7th, 2015, 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: POLL: Why do you hate Tsar?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

No one hates you, we would all love to see you succeed but many of wish you would be more active in your pursuits. Because, whether its fair or not, and whether you are correct or not, you DO always seem to have an excuse ready for everything you could do but aren't.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Ghost wrote:You've said you would study Russian but didn't.
BTW, what happened to the Pimsleur Russian studies? Wasn't that the big initiative of last year?

If Tsar's in the New England region, many libraries there have an interlibrary loan system so getting a hand on those 90 lessons wouldn't cost a thing.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

S_Parc wrote:
BTW, what happened to the Pimsleur Russian studies? Wasn't that the big initiative of last year?

If Tsar's in the New England region, many libraries there have an interlibrary loan system so getting a hand on those 90 lessons wouldn't cost a thing.
I have been using the Pimsleur Russian program I got from a popular torrent site. It has 8 CDs, each last about 30 minutes long. Teaches conversational English. I've been practicing. About 30 minutes a few days a week, but I am going to be increasing it to everyday to remember more of what I'm learning. I mentioned in the thread that I took your advice and got a Pimsleur Russian program.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Tsar wrote:
S_Parc wrote:

I have been using the Pimsleur Russian program I got from a popular torrent site. It has 8 CDs, each last about 30 minutes long. Teaches conversational English. I've been practicing. About 30 minutes a few days a week, but I am going to be increasing it to everyday to remember more of what I'm learning. I mentioned in the thread that I took your advice and got a Pimsleur Russian program.
Your interlibrary loan system should be able to get you the remaining 82 lessons. If you can get through that set, you're well on your way to having success in communicating with ppl from the former Soviet Union.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Please aint nobody in here checking for Tsar like that...He is the one spamming the forum with multiple threads....Its kinda like your looking for attention....any attention....
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I don't hate you Tsar. My opinion on you is neutral. I can't judge your life circumstances and I don't care about them either. I do think your goal is unrealistic. I don't see an attractive underaged white virgin in Russia being something that an average poor American can get. I also think based on your historical pace of progress that you won't reach Russia soon.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

drealm wrote:I don't hate you Tsar. My opinion on you is neutral. I can't judge your life circumstances and I don't care about them either. I do think your goal is unrealistic. I don't see an attractive underaged white virgin in Russia being something that an average poor American can get. I also think based on your historical pace of progress that you won't reach Russia soon.
I think you are mostly correct.

My pace of progress is slow and that's probably how it will remain for awhile, but things can change. Up until late 2014 I was a college student, and college students can't just abandon everything unless it's a summer break, and I didn't have money for fun trips like a lot of others. Many other college students have parents that buy them everything, a large savings, inheritances, or trust funds. I don't and didn't have anything like that. I agree it's pointless discussing my entire history of life circumstances because it wouldn't change anything, just like the past can't be changed. The one good thing is I have a four-year degree.

I know I don't have anything to offer a girl which is why getting the girl hasn't been my main priority for awhile now. It's always been my main desire, but desires are different than priorities.

I am poor but relative to many others in my generation I'm in better financial status. I have no current liabilities, short-term debt that ends in a few months (the car), no long-term debt. A poor Millennial with zero debt is better than the class of Millennial serfs who are a very large majority of the population of American Millennials of my generation. Overall, me being in the black with a little green gives me a much higher status than the people who are entirely in the red (many of them deep in inescapable red debt). It's very easier for me to build myself up and gain momentum.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

There is one part of your overall strategy which you're not considering. If you actually become fluent in Russian and then, during your future travels, make associations with Russian parents living in the former USSR, chances are, they may introduce you to their daughter for marriage, if they think you're a good fit. Yes, win over the parents. My fiance's dad loves me like his own son.

The best way to start on the above, using your present day situation, is to start communicating with elderly Russian-Americans in your home state. I know you have them around. Heck, if I were interested in speaking Russian, there's a Russian-American gardener, working on a plot of land, not too far from a friend's office. I'd already been introduced. If I so wanted, I could speak Russian and help him with his gardening. Since I have neither the interest nor that much free time on my hands, I don't bother.

AB discussion thread

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

S_Parc wrote:There is one part of your overall strategy which you're not considering. If you actually become fluent in Russian and then, during your future travels, make associations with Russian parents living in the former USSR, chances are, they may introduce you to their daughter for marriage, if they think you're a good fit. Yes, win over the parents. My fiance's dad loves me like his own son.

The best way to start on the above, using your present day situation, is to start communicating with elderly Russian-Americans in your home state. I know you have them around. Heck, if I were interested in speaking Russian, there's a Russian-American gardener, working on a plot of land, not too far from a friend's office. I'd already been introduced. If I so wanted, I could speak Russian and help him with his gardening. Since I have neither the interest nor that much free time on my hands, I don't bother.
Would you know how to begin and where to look in RI, assuming any Russians that moved to America and are in RI are interested in helping Americans with their learning of Russian?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Anybody who would make such a thread just deserves pity and remorse, end of story.

Kinda like Old Yeller, it's done. Take it behind the shed and lodge a bullet in it's skull.
Time to Hide!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Tsar wrote:Would you know how to begin and where to look in RI, assuming any Russians that moved to America and are in RI are interested in helping Americans with their learning of Russian?
For one, you'll need to do the 90 Pimsleur lessons on your own. And then, you've got yourself a starting point.

Then, have you looked into hospice volunteer programs in your region? The idea here is not that they're helping you to learn Russian, but that you're providing a service to help better their lives. And yes, that's how conversations begin and many elderly ppl from the ex-USSR would be very impressed that a non-native Russian speaking American would be interested in speaking with them in Russian. In fact, older persons love to tell their stories. Remember, America is a youth culture and the elderly feel less engaged by younger folks, esp these days. I'd learned a lot from American veterans during my childhood at the VFW, not too far from the local Scouts center.

AB discussion thread

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Moretorque wrote:Anybody who would make such a thread just deserves pity and remorse, end of story.
I'll admit I started this thread when the user "The" created a firestorm that caused me to get very heated and enraged. I wouldn't have created this thread if "The" hadn't turned one of my discussion threads into a firestorm. "The" is the reason why there was some firestorm drama. I edited this thread to remove some of the drama on my end.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Tsar wrote:
Moretorque wrote:Anybody who would make such a thread just deserves pity and remorse, end of story.
I'll admit I started this thread when the user "The" created a firestorm that caused me to get very heated and enraged. I wouldn't have created this thread if "The" hadn't turned one of my discussion threads into a firestorm. "The" is the reason why there was some firestorm drama. I edited this thread to remove some of the drama on my end.
It doesn't matter, just like Old Yeller there is just one solution to the problem. Quit beating around the bush and decide what caliber to use to get the job done in one good shot to do us all a favor and put the situation to an end. :wink:
Time to Hide!