Experienced a HUGE culture shock yesterday

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Experienced a HUGE culture shock yesterday

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Yesterday afternoon, I checked in at the 66 Hostel in Albuquerque, NM, where I'm staying for 3 nights since I was supposed to start my music composition gig next week. However I just found out that there have been numerous delays. And there's the possibility of the project being canceled completely, which may crush my hopes of abandoning ship and moving someplace where the grass is greener unless I turn to freelancing or TEFL (I've already given up on looking for a regular job here in the U.S. because it's a losing game all around).

I kind of went off on tangent in the first paragraph, but I'm going to tell you what I went through yesterday when I returned to the U.S. from Ciudad Juarez. On this most recent trip, I didn't re-enter the U.S. for a week since day 4, and I was in Mexico for 10 days, picking up more Spanish and adapting to the Mexican culture even more. So I experienced a huge culture shock yesterday, in particular when I went busking in downtown Albuquerque. Every girl I saw here in Albuquerque looked stuck up, and they either had their thug boyfriends or their cockblocking female friends handcuffed to them. And I also saw MANY people with piercings and tattoos. Boy did I start feeling homesick. I REALLY began to notice how degenerate American culture is. Now I am thinking of going back to Mexico next week.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Experienced a HUGE culture shock yesterday

Post by zboy1 »

Yes...I've definitely have had similar experiences to you, Matt, when returning from abroad. I got so depressed when I came back from China last year, I couldn't take it anymore living in the States after only a few weeks. Thank goodness I'm back in China again!...

The first thing I noticed coming back from abroad were all the fat, obese whales all around me; another thing I noticed were how unhappy, rude and selfish Americans have become. American's no longer have any social connections with each other either due to race, religion and class differences. It's a deeply divided country politically as well, and all the negativity from the people as well as in the news, tends to get to you after a while...

The airports are absolutely laughable in the U.S., not to mention the public transportation system and the infrastructure in the country; seemingly every road and bridge is in disrepair and in horrible condition in the States. China, a supposed Third World country beats the crap out of the U.S. in that regard.

And, we'll...you all know about the horrible women in the U.S.--Asian American women included! I don't think I need to go into further detail about that subject. LOL.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Another thing that was shocking when I came home from abroad were the amount of Third Worlders' flooding the USA now. Flying into NYC, I didn't see many Caucasians at the airport, nor did I see many White people in the streets or in the cars when my parents were driving me through NYC from the airport. LOL.

Even when I visited Maine and New Hampshire, I saw a lot more minorities than I expected. I guess this is a good thing for minorities, but definitely a bad sign for Caucasians in the future. ...

I guess the Jewish master-plan of eliminating Whites from the USA is really accelerating at the moment, it looks like? I have nothing against Jews or Whites, but I see potential conflict in the future between those two groups once it's shown that many pro-immigration/amnesty groups, anti-racism organizations and social justice types are predominantly Jewish in nature. It won't affect me as I will definitely benefit from the increased diversity of the country by virtue of being a minority and an Asian American, but I don't think Whites will like the situation very much...?.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Another thing that shocked me coming back was my feminazi sister bombarding me with texts this morning and how difficult it is to move on from bitchy American women when you happen to have one in your own family.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Do some of you think that American culture is being exported overseas and slowly being adapted in over seas culture?

I remember in South Korea tattoo were really taboo but nowadays it's starting to become more acceptable for example. The same with women rights, gays rights (not a homophobia but what started in USA can be spread when it comes to Gay rights). Promiscuity etc..
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

South Korea is slowly changing more to the west.

For example here is a show for ladies only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoXxT1H8Gy8

It's Korean male version of magic mike. I remember just 10 years this was non existent. The standards for Korean male looks went up these past years. It used to been that a Korean guy just had to be OK looking but have a decent job but nowadays I hear that Korean girls are super picky ..I don't know if there is even a female version of this ..since my travel in South Korea I never seen a strip joint but they do have red light district that has been push under ground.

I heard China and Japan has male version of these shows....This stuff from what I understand is exported from the west but why did I post this. Well....the male standard of beauty. I notice as women becoming stronger and gains more empowerment..the men have to raise their looks.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Earlier today I went back to Old Town, which now happens to be my favorite part of Albuquerque. I briefly said hi to the American girls in the pottery shop I met in mid-May. And then I went inside the olive oil store to try the samples. I met this cute 20 year old petite brunette girl and struck up a conversation with her which flowed naturally. She giggled a lot throughout the conversation, and it felt so refreshing from those two nights I went busking in downtown where I noticed so many stuck up girls going to the clubs. And unlike the stuck up girls I saw downtown, the brunette I chatted up was naturally good looking: no makeup or anything artificial. Her highest level of education is a high school diploma, so she's not going to college. She's free-spirited like me, and I think she's choosing not to live the so-called "American Dream", which I think is why she decided to work in the olive oil store instead of going to college. She likely also realized that college tuition was skyrocketing and that many college graduates have student loan debt. The brunette has also been to Mexico, but only to Cancun. From what she told me, the city itself is a lot cheaper than the resort area; and she also noticed that Mexicans were very humble and easy to meet. When I told her I was going to Mexico partly for the dating scene, she told me the dating scene was overrated. She agreed with me when I told her that the woman owning the hostel down in Ciudad Juarez said that I should be making friends rather than finding dates.

It so appears that Albuquerque and El Paso have more down to earth American women than any other city I've been to in the U.S., but it seems like El Paso has more down to earth women than Albuquerque due to El Paso being right on the Mexico border.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

What is the quality of the air in Mexico and China? I went to Ecuador and it was kinda bad, but when I went to Colombia my eyes burned and I had problems breathing. Thick black smoke everywhere from every vehicle, especially downtown areas.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Adama wrote:What is the quality of the air in Mexico and China? I went to Ecuador and it was kinda bad, but when I went to Colombia my eyes burned and I had problems breathing. Thick black smoke everywhere from every vehicle, especially downtown areas.
The air quality in Ciudad Juarez was actually decent, but I'm not sure what it's like in other parts of Mexico.