Another website shutdown

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Another website shutdown

Post by Tsar »

One of my favorite free streaming websites was just shutdown. I'd say it would be on my Top 15 entertainment websites. I would go to it when I wanted to listen to some specific albums or tracks that aren't easily purchased by common people or easy to find, it had a few albums or tracks that were removed by youtube, and now it's gone. I guess it's because I don't really listen to anything that is popular among most Americans or known about by most Americans.

Here's the link so you can see the message. This one ended in a settlement.
http://listen.grooveshark.com/

I don't think I have been on it since April 30 since I visited very sporadically since early Spring. I haven't visited many websites for awhile.

Interestingly one of the co-founders was found dead in his home almost two months later. The autospy found no explanation for the cause of death.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/2015 ... 9990?tc=ar
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Another website shutdown

Post by Tsar »

Esnips was another streaming website with unique music uploads. I visited it less than youtube and the others, it also disappeared from the internet. I don't know when but it might have been a founder disagreement that did that one in. I didn't visit that site in years since I started visiting Grooveshark.

It seems like every free website for entertainment is being shutdown. Since 2012 many streaming sites, file downloading sites, torrent sites, and free video sites have all been shutdown: either seized by the FBI, forced to shutdown in a lawsuit, or a settlement like Grooveshark.

The only website that continuously pops back up after a shutdown or seizure of their servers is ThePirateBay. The last time they were shutdown, two more ThePirateBay sites popped back up instead of one, sort of like a Hydra.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

I download 99% of my mp3s from Russian websites now. Never liked streaming, as streaming is always here today, gone tomorrow, hard drive space is cheap these days, so why stream?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

onethousandknives wrote:I download 99% of my mp3s from Russian websites now. Never liked streaming, as streaming is always here today, gone tomorrow, hard drive space is cheap these days, so why stream?
I wanted to download from Grooveshark but I didn't know how to download the tracks. Youtube removed (or the user was forced to remove) one or a few of my favorite albums. I found one on or two on GrooveShark but then now it was shutdown.

It's been difficult finding those albums I really like.