In America, nearly everything is settled with guns

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
AW Warning
Freshman Poster

In America, nearly everything is settled with guns

Post by AW Warning »

Not only is American culture soulless, toxic, fake, and plastic, it is even downright deadly. In America, one false move can land you in a casket. Yes, that is correct, America is also a heavily trigger happy gun culture where millions of people own guns. And in especially 21st century America, over 95 percent of conflicts, especially with non-family people, are settled with guns, and only guns. Basically it's like this; an argument/disagreement/conflict breaks out, someone pulls a gun, a few loud bangs, someone ends up dead, conflict solved the American way. To 21st century Americans, killing someone he/she doesn't like brings no more guilt and shame than killing a mosquito. And now with more and more states passing Stand-Your-Ground laws, just passing through a community you don't live in is becoming more likely to get you gunned down and murdered. Even if it is normally a quiet neighborhood with little to no crime.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: In America, nearly everything is settled with guns

Post by Moretorque »

So what do you suggest we do ?
Time to Hide!
Mercury
Junior Poster

In America, everything is settled with guns

Post by Mercury »

It happens all the time nowadays in America. A disagreement occurs, someone doesn't get along well, they pull a gun, and someone ends up dead. And unlike in video games, there is no bringing them back, ever, in the real world. In America, nobody negotiates anymore. Only bang! bang! bang! and someone ends up dead.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: In America, everything is settled with guns

Post by Outcast9428 »

There's a lot to criticize about America but this feels like a pretty blatant exaggeration to me. I've never seen someone whip out a gun on somebody. I actually think the freedom to own guns is one of America's better traits as it means the people are on a more equal footing with the government. I also generally think that people will be less confrontational and rude if they know lots of people have guns. Gun control measures really only take guns away from average people, they don't take guns away from the criminals or the government.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I think you are referring to the movies. In the movies yeah, guns are pulled out all the time in every conflict. I don't see people doing that in real life. It's a shitty example even in the movies. There are better ways of settling things than with guns. Guns are used in movies as plot devices and conflict to further the stupid plot.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mercury wrote:
June 6th, 2021, 5:42 pm
It happens all the time nowadays in America. A disagreement occurs, someone doesn't get along well, they pull a gun, and someone ends up dead. And unlike in video games, there is no bringing them back, ever, in the real world. In America, nobody negotiates anymore. Only bang! bang! bang! and someone ends up dead.
USA clearly has a gun-culture and a very large prison population, nobody can deny that. There are millions of illegal guns used by criminals.
Just today, Yahoo news.

Fourth-grader killed, another girl hurt in gang shooting, Lexington Co.
https://news.yahoo.com/one-girl-killed- ... 59896.html

6-year-old shot by neighbor after he finds boy outside his home
https://news.yahoo.com/6-old-boy-shot-n ... 36213.html

Portland reels from deadly gang violence amid calls to defund police: 'People are scared'
https://news.yahoo.com/portland-reels-d ... 31980.html
Now, police are recording multiple shootings a week with 50 to 70 shots fired, and in one case more than 150, as gang attacks and retaliatory shootings again spiral into a vicious cycle.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Moretorque wrote:
April 10th, 2016, 4:49 pm
So what do you suggest we do ?
It depends on your wallet, if you have enough money inside...
Maybe to invest into additional security measures of your own home?

In this case below, about USD 35.000,-

BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors erects fencing and electric gate around her new $1.4M home
https://news.yahoo.com/blm-co-founder-p ... 01957.html

or what about that?

San Jose Mayor Proposes Mandatory Gun Insurance, Annual Gun Fee in Wake of Rail Yard Mass Shooting
https://news.yahoo.com/san-jose-mayor-p ... 26734.html
The mayor is directing a team of experts to calculate the cost of a proposed annual gun fee to San Jose taxpayers. The mayor’s office said gun violence in 2018 directly cost the state’s taxpayers $1.4 billion.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
June 10th, 2021, 8:42 pm
The mayor is directing a team of experts to calculate the cost of a proposed annual gun fee to San Jose taxpayers. The mayor’s office said gun violence in 2018 directly cost the state’s taxpayers $1.4 billion.
That makes no sense. Why are gun owners being charged for something they obviously aren't doing. It would make more sense to charge non gun owners, as they are sponging off the taxpayers to defend them and their very existence is an invitation to robbers and mass shooters. Better yet, charge blacks and to a lesser extent latinos, as they are presumably committing most of the crime.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Yohan wrote:
June 10th, 2021, 8:15 pm
Mercury wrote:
June 6th, 2021, 5:42 pm
USA clearly has a gun-culture and a very large prison population, nobody can deny that. There are millions of illegal guns used by criminals.
Just today, Yahoo news.

Fourth-grader killed, another girl hurt in gang shooting, Lexington Co.
https://news.yahoo.com/one-girl-killed- ... 59896.html

6-year-old shot by neighbor after he finds boy outside his home
https://news.yahoo.com/6-old-boy-shot-n ... 36213.html

Portland reels from deadly gang violence amid calls to defund police: 'People are scared'
https://news.yahoo.com/portland-reels-d ... 31980.html
Now, police are recording multiple shootings a week with 50 to 70 shots fired, and in one case more than 150, as gang attacks and retaliatory shootings again spiral into a vicious cycle.
I can't tell, are you anti-woke or not?

Why does it matter how large the prison population of the US is? If people commit crimes they should go to prison for it. We can't just empty out our prisons because there's a lot of people in them. And taking away guns is not going to remove people's criminal tendencies, anybody who wants to murder someone is gonna be perfectly willing to buy a black market gun. Making them illegal only ensures that you prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns.

In-fact, criminals, unless they are gonna be a mass shooter, pretty much need to buy black market guns if they want to get away with it. With legal weaponry, the detectives can actually look at the serial number on the bullet fired and trace the bullet back to the gun store that sold it. At that point you can just look in the database and see who bought the gun and bullets recently from that store, and see who has a connection to the victim or otherwise seems suspicious. A person who tries to commit homicide with a legally purchased firearm is gonna get caught pretty easily. Even if there's no serial number you can still look at the type of bullet and trace it to the gun and look at who has bought that gun recently at nearby gun stores.

I'd be willing to bet most gangsters/hoodlums are buying their guns off the black market, not from legal gun shops.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
June 10th, 2021, 9:29 pm
I'd be willing to bet most gangsters/hoodlums are buying their guns off the black market, not from legal gun shops.
This is exactly what I wrote in my comment:
Yohan: There are millions of illegal guns used by criminals.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
June 10th, 2021, 9:03 pm
That makes no sense. Why are gun owners being charged for something they obviously aren't doing. It would make more sense to charge non gun owners, as they are sponging off the taxpayers to defend them and their very existence is an invitation to robbers and mass shooters. Better yet, charge blacks and to a lesser extent latinos, as they are presumably committing most of the crime.
There are many actions by politicians which makes no sense - except looking for easy additional money, like in this case.
Illegal arms used by criminals will never bring in any money - but legal arms owned by honest citizens without criminal record might do it.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

As an American, i've never been so insulted in my life, i would like to challenge you to a duel now...
:mrgreen:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If you shoot someone in America in self defense, do you still go to jail? If so, on what charge? Movies and TV are ambiguous about this. In some movies, anyone can shoot someone in self defense and they always get away with it, it's ok, but in other movies, it's not and you can go to jail. Which is it? How do you prove it was self defense? Alex told me that in Italy, you are not allowed to hurt criminals or burglars that enter your house. You are only allowed to detain them until the police arrives. Crazy.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:
June 11th, 2021, 7:18 am
If you shoot someone in America in self defense, do you still go to jail? If so, on what charge? Movies and TV are ambiguous about this. In some movies, anyone can shoot someone in self defense and they always get away with it, it's ok, but in other movies, it's not and you can go to jail. Which is it? How do you prove it was self defense? Alex told me that in Italy, you are not allowed to hurt criminals or burglars that enter your house. You are only allowed to detain them until the police arrives. Crazy.
If you shoot someone and there white it's OK no matter what the circumstances. It's pre-crime prevention because we all know the white race will be giving it good to all other races down the road so just stop the problem before hand.
Time to Hide!