How I make it less awkward when there is a language barrier?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HA1729
Freshman Poster

How I make it less awkward when there is a language barrier?

Post by HA1729 »

I have been communicating online with Mexican women for a few weeks, mostly through Facebook messaging and email. I have had Skype conversations with three of them over the past few days, but they have been somewhat awkward. I speak fairly good Spanish but am not fluent. It was easier when we were communicating in writing and I could look up a word in a translator if I need to. However, it is more difficult when I am speaking aloud, and it is also difficult to understand the women when they speak in Spanish, especially since they tend to speak quickly. Most of the women that I have been talking to speak some English, but not to a great extent. So our Skype conversations have tended to be mostly "small talk" and haven't been particularly interesting. Is there a way to make the conversations more substantive without increasing the communication barriers between us?
JohnDoeBigBaller
Freshman Poster

Re: How I make it less awkward when there is a language barr

Post by JohnDoeBigBaller »

Just don't spend too much time chatting with her, make a plan to meet her, and then go and pound her damn p***y! Words won't matter in real life, the only words that will matter are "OH GOD YES!", "f**k ME HARDER BABY!!", and "OH BABY I'M CUMMING!!!"
HA1729
Freshman Poster

Post by HA1729 »

JohnDoeBigBaller wrote:Just don't spend too much time chatting with her, make a plan to meet her, and then go and pound her damn p***y! Words won't matter in real life, the only words that will matter are "OH GOD YES!", "f**k ME HARDER BABY!!", and "OH BABY I'M CUMMING!!!"
Well, some people want to have a serious relationship with a woman and not just sex.
gravity25x
Freshman Poster

Post by gravity25x »

HA1729 wrote:
JohnDoeBigBaller wrote:Just don't spend too much time chatting with her, make a plan to meet her, and then go and pound her damn p***y! Words won't matter in real life, the only words that will matter are "OH GOD YES!", "f**k ME HARDER BABY!!", and "OH BABY I'M CUMMING!!!"
Well, some people want to have a serious relationship with a woman and not just sex.
Yep, I definitely do.

To the OP: you can use both voice chat and text chat at the same time in Skype. Talk as much as you two can using English and Spanish. And when you can't get your ideas across with your language skills, use google translate and send it via text. That's as good as its gunna get unless one of you learns the language of the other. If you really like Mexican girls, just learn Spanish. It really is not a hard language if you know English. And I'm sure the best women in Mexico/South America can only speak Spanish. Usually the more Americanized/Westernized they are, the less you'd want to be around them. So it would be worth your while to learn this easy language if you're serious about getting a Latina wife/GF.
HA1729
Freshman Poster

Post by HA1729 »

gravity25x wrote:
HA1729 wrote:
Yep, I definitely do.

To the OP: you can use both voice chat and text chat at the same time in Skype. Talk as much as you two can using English and Spanish. And when you can't get your ideas across with your language skills, use google translate and send it via text. That's as good as its gunna get unless one of you learns the language of the other. If you really like Mexican girls, just learn Spanish. It really is not a hard language if you know English. And I'm sure the best women in Mexico/South America can only speak Spanish. Usually the more Americanized/Westernized they are, the less you'd want to be around them. So it would be worth your while to learn this easy language if you're serious about getting a Latina wife/GF.
Sure, thanks for the advice. I took Spanish classes back in middle school and high school, so I know the language fairly well. I am just out of practice speaking the language, so I am really awkward and I pause a lot when I am trying to think of the right word. I'm sure that my Spanish will get better over time.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How I make it less awkward when there is a language barrier?

Post by Winston »

The language/cultural barrier isn't as real as you think. Check out my post where I explain why.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42391
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How I make it less awkward when there is a language barrier?

Post by Yohan »

Knowledge of any foreign language will improve if you use it very regularly. If you from now on talk and write in Spanish frequently with some native speakers over the internet using skype or similar media, you will improve - don't worry. It will not take such a long time.

Also try to read some more Spanish, for example news using the internet.

It would be even better if you could visit her place and practice your Spanish with as many locals as you can... in restaurants, hotels, shops, to get away from the typical boy-girls talk and get used to a larger vocabulary.

What about a movie in Spanish without looking at subtitles etc...

Your situation is the same with everybody who learns a foreign language, I would say.
You use it you will improve, you don't use it you will forget it....Same with me, too, of course.