Is this the most beautiful woman?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is this the most beautiful woman?

Post by Cornfed »

retiredfrank wrote:As for an 8 not being 80th percentile, yes, I'm familiar with that all-too-common stupidity. Those who want an 8 to mean something other than 80th percentile should define their mathematical formula. Of course, they don't have a formula and wouldn't understand such a formula if someone else presented one. Pure stupidity.
Might they not count a 10 as perfection with lower scores marking their degree of deviation from that ideal, which might or might not correspond with the actual distribution of female beauty in the world?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

retiredfrank wrote:@MrMan: if you were unable to distinguish ugly from beautiful women, as well as being unable to judge men, and you had all sorts of social problems, I'd cut you some slack as an autistic. But that's not the case here. The fact that you can argue in this subtle way who's hiding what proves you're far from being autistic.
I can tell if a woman is pretty according to my own opinion. I think I'm a bit more 'picky' than a lot of other men.
What your problem is, I'm not sure. Most likely, as with Adama, you're just very sexually repressed, so terrified of possibly being a closet homo that you can't think or talk straight about male beauty, rather than actually being a closet homo.
I don't know why you'd hold to this homosexual-obsessed belief of yours that men who don't have a sense of what constitutes 'male beauty' must be homosexual. In the past, those who accuse people of being homosexual for being repulsed by homosexual behavior that I've encountered tended to be homosexuals themselves. It doesn't make sense. It's just a bit of sophistry used to accuse others. Are you gay or a proponent of the LGBT agenda?
As for an 8 not being 80th percentile, yes, I'm familiar with that all-too-common stupidity. Those who want an 8 to mean something other than 80th percentile should define their mathematical formula. Of course, they don't have a formula and wouldn't understand such a formula if someone else presented one. Pure stupidity.
Someone posted their own system a while back, which wasn't intuitive, IMO, and no one else would be able to guess it.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:As for an 8 not being 80th percentile, yes, I'm familiar with that all-too-common stupidity. Those who want an 8 to mean something other than 80th percentile should define their mathematical formula. Of course, they don't have a formula and wouldn't understand such a formula if someone else presented one. Pure stupidity.
Might they not count a 10 as perfection with lower scores marking their degree of deviation from that ideal, which might or might not correspond with the actual distribution of female beauty in the world?
The above is a fine example of what I mean by pure stupidity. Cornfed is implying some sort of non-linear mapping of 0-10 to 0-100 percentile, but because he is mathematically ignorant, all this goes right over his head.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

retiredfrank,

I'm thinking of percentiles on a bell curve. Btw, do you have any training in clinical psychology or any other related field?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

My degree was mathematics (electronics minor), but that was long ago and I've forgotten almost everything other than the ability to think logically about numbers. If you want to use a bell curve, fine, first specify what you mean by bell curve (there is a standard definition, but you should still specify it using the formula) then specify exactly how 0-10 maps to that curve and then get other people to agree to all that, good luck. And then there's the issue that people don't agree completely on what constitutes beauty which makes all this precision pointless, though PEOPLE DO AGREE TO SOME EXTENT, which is why I'm calling bullshit on your insistence that you can't tell the difference between that good-looking guy in the article versus some monster with no nose, ears sticking out to the side 5 inches, etc.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

retiredfrank wrote:My degree was mathematics (electronics minor), but that was long ago and I've forgotten almost everything other than the ability to think logically about numbers. If you want to use a bell curve, fine, first specify what you mean by bell curve (there is a standard definition, but you should still specify it using the formula) then specify exactly how 0-10 maps to that curve and then get other people to agree to all that, good luck. And then there's the issue that people don't agree completely on what constitutes beauty which makes all this precision pointless, though PEOPLE DO AGREE TO SOME EXTENT, which is why I'm calling bullshit on your insistence that you can't tell the difference between that good-looking guy in the article versus some monster with no nose, ears sticking out to the side 5 inches, etc.
I work with extreme value distributions rather than normal distributions like the Bell curve. When it comes to Black IQ one should rather use the Generalised Extreme Value Distribution (it works on a gamma natural log want the formula? :lol:)with blacks with above average intelligence falling into the 99% probability below, or is 99.9% :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beauty has no logic. What is attractive to one may not be to another for no fixed logical reason. I don't find stick women with bones sticking out attractive. Many men do. Then Again I dont find fat women attractive, but some men do. Tastes also vary over time. When I was younger I had the standard 45-50 kg small slim poppy. Now I don't find that attractive anymore and find good character more attractive. I wont look twice at some slim pop in high heels, lots of make up and fancy clothes anymore.

When talking about other men, the word attractive may not be correct unless you are a faggot. You may find they look manly, strong, worthy of respect etc. but not in a way you look at physical traits in a woman. You could say he is attractive in terms of he gains respect from other men, but it does not imply sexual way.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

retiredfrank wrote: which is why I'm calling bullshit on your insistence that you can't tell the difference between that good-looking guy in the article versus some monster with no nose, ears sticking out to the side 5 inches, etc.
Not to further pounce on MrMan but he does go to great lengths to explain how he can't tell about a chump's looks, repeatedly. I don't think he is gay but rather a very conservative guy trying to stick -somewhat subconsciously- to the notion that men shouldn't be judged so much in the looks department, as it's done today. Just my guess, and I actually don't even disagree with it much if that's the case.

But yeah it's disingenuous to pretend he can't distinguish between a dude with a busted face and some movie actor with clear skin and proportional features etc. How does one groom in the morning without some notion of this. I don't buy it.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yes, but, if a man sticks a dildo inside his own rectum, does that make him homosexual, as one member here has admitted he has done this to himself?

These lovers of homosexuals set out on their attack against known Christians, since they naturally hate God and anyone who wants to live a holy life.

You could even see this as a microscopic view of what they're doing to all of society. You can't even say one word without one of these people making a false accusation against you, because they're all social justice warriors fighting for the same team. Oh, you don't like us, it means you're one of us who hates himself and is in the closet.

No, it couldn't be that, maybe some things truly are disgusting and beneath human activity.

You also get to see how they have no problem with slander, hypocrisy (being lovers of homosexuals while blasting others for being "homosexual" for starters), false accusation, maliciousness, insults about the intelligence of others and reviling them for being secretly crooked without any real proof. They go out of their way to do this. It must come from the "The More the Merrier" mentality. If only they could get the whole world to accept them and then join them, in their minds.

As for peace? They don't know peace, neither do they care for it.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

droid wrote:
retiredfrank wrote: which is why I'm calling bullshit on your insistence that you can't tell the difference between that good-looking guy in the article versus some monster with no nose, ears sticking out to the side 5 inches, etc.
Not to further pounce on MrMan but he does go to great lengths to explain how he can't tell about a chump's looks, repeatedly. I don't think he is gay but rather a very conservative guy trying to stick -somewhat subconsciously- to the notion that men shouldn't be judged so much in the looks department, as it's done today. Just my guess, and I actually don't even disagree with it much if that's the case.

But yeah it's disingenuous to pretend he can't distinguish between a dude with a busted face and some movie actor with clear skin and proportional features etc. How does one groom in the morning without some notion of this. I don't buy it.
I have another take on this matter though. Who cares about what MrMan sees or what he thinks he sees, or what he claims he sees? He only wants an opinion and gave his own opinion.

But when you give your opinion, which is something from your heart, then it is out there for others to go on to attack and trample under their feet, and then turn again, and attack MrMan for being strange somehow, even accusing him of possibly being homosexual. All this, simply because he made a statement regarding not judging other men's looks.

Who cares if he is unable or unwilling to judge another man's looks?

The question isn't even about the man. It is about the woman.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

retiredfrank wrote: Most likely, as with Adama, you're just very sexually repressed, so terrified of possibly being a closet homo that you can't think or talk straight about male beauty, rather than actually being a closet homo.
In your mind, this is all a man needs to be classified as perverse. Very simple. Just if a man avoids judgments about the looks of other men, then oh, that means you're a homosexual who's ashamed!

This scant evidence that you have allows you to issue forth slander and false accusation, and to shame someone else. And for what? Nobody has homosexuality on the brain except for you. These are the things that are coming out from your mind, from your heart.

And why does it matter if another man is a homosexual or not, when in your book they're just more cool people? Are you using this to "bust out somebody as homosexual"? If so, why must a closeted person be exposed? Don't you have respect for closeted homosexuals?

Or do you just seek an excuse to revile, issue forth malignity and maliciousness, and to spew your own shame onto someone who you know with much more certainty is living a holy life in matrimony?

It is these who are agitators, setting up distinctions, and causing divisions. Merely sensual creatures, carnal, worldly minded people, devoid of the Holy Spirit, and destitute of any higher spiritual life!
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Adama wrote:It is these who are agitators, setting up distinctions, and causing divisions. Merely sensual creatures, carnal, worldly minded people, devoid of the Holy Spirit, and destitute of any higher spiritual life!
REPROBATES!
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

MrMan wrote: Scientists? Do you count psychologists and others in the social sciences to be 'scientists'?
Didn't you read the first paragraph of the article?
MrMan wrote: This research actually has a lot of practical applications. Imagine if some company could invent a device to put make-up on a woman's face. If there were a formula for what most people considered beautiful, the machine could highlight features in such a way as to make the face appear to conform more to that ideal. A make-up artist could do the same thing if she could do something similar with a computer program that reads the features on the face. Plastic surgeons could use computer programs to help guide their decisions.
Resources should be spent in more worthy area's rather than focusing on accentuating vanity which plagues the western woman of today.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote: ... The woman is good looking, but wouldn't you say that you've seen women who are better looking?
I cannot comment about men either, as I am a straight man myself.

About women, I am into Asian women, I see nothing beautiful about Natalie Portman or Scarlett Johansson.

It's difficult to judge what is 'beautiful', often more likely a personal taste.

It is impossible to judge a person about 'beauty', if important information is missing.

One picture only showing merely the face of a woman is by far not enough to call her 'beautiful',
you need a set of pictures, taken from all sides, full length in various position and without make-up and without photoshop editing.

BTW, true beauty is for me only a woman without beauty surgery, and of course ladyboys etc. also excluded.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Zambales wrote:accentuating vanity which plagues the western woman of today.
Maybe a good place to start would be for people to stop posting these "is this woman attractive or not" threads and categorizing women as HBx. For all my reprobate tendencies, I at least do tend to emphasize women's personality and obesity (which they can control) versus their face, which they cannot.

Some little kids just came up to me here in the park wanting to high five my hand for some reason. One of them was a girl of maybe 6 six years old, the others boys. Then I asked myself, how would Zambales rank this girl on the HB scale. To me, almost all girls that age are pretty-- perfect skin, smiling, thin. Though I suppose he'd knock her down to HB3 or so. Meanwhile, some of the older men here are true ogres, with huge bellies hanging out front so you wonder why they don't have a wheelbarrow to help carry the damn thing, their skin all blotchy, missing half their teeth, making horrible grunting noises because their nose is clogged from fatness, etc. But to MrMan, no difference between these guys and Michelangelo's statue of David.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

droid wrote:But yeah it's disingenuous to pretend he can't distinguish between a dude with a busted face and some movie actor with clear skin and proportional features etc. How does one groom in the morning without some notion of this. I don't buy it.
Good point about grooming. What about barbers, are they all gay? If not, how can they tell what constitutes a good versus bad haircut? Is every male artist and sculptor of male figures, plus male art critics, in the history of the world a faggot? If not, how can these men know what is male beauty? It's known that many male clothing designers are gay, but from the logic of MrMan, Kradmelder and Yohan, every man involved with men's clothing and grooming etc is gay, because normal men havent a clue as to what is good looking or not.

And yes, I'm obviously a faggot because I do think that guy is the article is better looking than average (though as I noted earlier, face is NOT that critica important to women over the age of 20 or so. For teen and especially pre-teen girls, the more a man/boy looks like a girl, the better, think young Justin Bieber).