Why so many ladyboys in Thailand?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Why so many ladyboys in Thailand?

Post by Shemp »

We got off topic in the thread about citizenship for Winston's son, and since Cornfed chose to show up, probably all the intelligent people are now avoiding that thread like a pile of dogshit on the sidewalk. Anyway, I asked the following question and no one responded:

Why are ladyboys are so common in a country (Thailand) known for macho Muay Thai fighting and lack of feminism?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why so many ladyboys in Thailand?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I think they are pretty common in the West as well but here they insist on changing their genders and would not want to be referred to as ladyboys, instead changing pronouns and labeling themselves "transgender". As for the masculinity and Muay Thai angle, it doesn't really say much does it? I mean America used to be home to 'the Wild West', cowboys, hard working men, in Europe too and most of the Western world 'men' today are a far cry from men in the 1950s.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I don't think, there are so many ladyboys in Thailand, but they are concentrated to certain areas like Pattaya, as this is a good place for them to earn enough for a living. Tourism from abroad is an important financial source of income for them.

Further, Thailand never had any history where the general population was discriminating against people who consider themselves not clearly as men or as women. Same with gay people. There is no reason and there was never a reason for them to be in hiding in Thailand. Everything is done openly and not behind closed doors. There are entire streets in Pattaya and Jomtien which are only for locals and foreigners who are not straight men and straight women.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Shemp wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 5:51 am
Why are ladyboys are so common in a country (Thailand) known for macho Muay Thai fighting and lack of feminism?
Perhaps that is the reason they have a lot of them, those macho expectations are not easy to meet and near impossible for some. The pain involved in becoming a Thai fighter probably causes fear in a lot of boys and some of those choose to be gay or ladies to avoid that. It would make sense if the more violent and unforgiving a culture is towards boys the more likely it is to have a lot of them get rejected or opt out. In America boys are second-class citizens to girls so a lot of them choose to be gay or transgender. But if just before that decision those same boys were moved to a school in Asia like Taiwan where the competition would be more wimpy they would likely remain heterosexual because there would be less pain involved in simply being a boy.
Max Koehler
Freshman Poster

Post by Max Koehler »

Ladyboys have been around in Thailand for a long time and it’s quite a bit surprising that they continue to be so prevalent, despite the negative stigma associated with them. In fact, they are actually considered as part of the Thai culture. There are so many reasons why ladyboys continue to thrive, and here are some of them:

1: Thailand is much more open and accepting when it comes to matters involving LGBTs.
2: Gender reassignment surgeries and other similar procedures are rampant in Thailand.
3: Buddhists believe that ladyboys become so as a result of sins committed in their past lives.
4: Ladyboys have become a tourist draw for Thailand.
5: Demand for encounters with ladyboys are still high.
6: Their careers revolve around their identities as ladyboys.
7: Being a ladyboy is indirectly promoted.

These points demonstrate how an outsider’s point of view is vastly different from that of the local’s when ladyboys are involved. Many have this idea that ladyboys are merely sex workers and have a negative stereotype and while the former may be true, the latter is definitely far from reality. Ladyboys are no different from any other person; they just choose to live their lives the way they see fit by openly defying gender stereotypes. Fortunately for them, Thailand is accepting of them.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It's an easy way to make money. So many girls (and ladyboys) in Thailand are freelancers and many seem to be doing the travel buddy thing too.
Also it appeals to Instagram attention whores, of which there are so many these days.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Post by Roccia »

Not this happier abroad website is great, but atleast trannies haven't ruined it yet. They need to be kept out, they will literally take over every website, they have massive advantages because they are all on welfare, have parents that never hassle them and are on the internet every day all day, so you can't compete against them if you need to work or have some hobbies outside internet.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Post by josephty2 »

I'll have to learn about the khmer rogue, Japanese invasion of SE Asia in WW2.

Hmmm

After Japan surrendered US occupied Japan mostly while the others were minimal yet enough prisoners of wars were released. I haven't been to Vietnam since 2010 so idk.

Vietnam from my recollection, oh my I would never see a Walmart there. Walmart had so many things. It wasn't essential though.

That's my answer. Thailand has a Walmart-like refuge, no recent civil war. (Last 90 years)
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Yohan wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 9:07 am
I don't think, there are so many ladyboys in Thailand, but they are concentrated to certain areas like Pattaya, as this is a good place for them to earn enough for a living. Tourism from abroad is an important financial source of income for them.

Further, Thailand never had any history where the general population was discriminating against people who consider themselves not clearly as men or as women. Same with gay people. There is no reason and there was never a reason for them to be in hiding in Thailand. Everything is done openly and not behind closed doors. There are entire streets in Pattaya and Jomtien which are only for locals and foreigners who are not straight men and straight women.
Their society is more mentally deranged and f***ed as ours is. In this day and age I've grown tired of living around useless people. You have a son that decides to grow up and be a bitch, that alone would make me want to disown my own kid. If Thailand got attacked, those useless trannies wouldn't be able to defend that country. Besides Thailand is a country with a shitty image thanks to sex tourism. There's a lot of cultures that normalize stuff. Hell in Africa child brides are normal but the UN gets on their case about it while also destroying Europe with the help of EU and WEF.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 3rd, 2024, 6:12 pm
Yohan wrote:

Their society is more mentally deranged and f***ed as ours is. In this day and age I've grown tired of living around useless people. You have a son that decides to grow up and be a bitch, that alone would make me want to disown my own kid. If Thailand got attacked, those useless trannies wouldn't be able to defend that country. Besides Thailand is a country with a shitty image thanks to sex tourism. There's a lot of cultures that normalize stuff. Hell in Africa child brides are normal but the UN gets on their case about it while also destroying Europe with the help of EU and WEF.
Thailand is actually a country with stable economic growth. That isn't solely owing to sex tourism. But even if people went to Thailand to sleep with prostitutes or even ladyboy prostitutes, why does that bother you so much? I'm guessing that you're the type of crybaby who wants everything to be solely your way? That would explain why you make erroneous assumptions without a modicum of thought being applied to the nonsense you're posting.

Thailand is a beautiful country with many things attracting tourists from around the world for many reasons. Yes, there are ladyboys and some people may be tempted to visit them during their trip, but let's be honest here: nobody in their right mind is travelling to Thailand just to have sex with ladyboy prostitutes. You've taken one element of Thailand that you personally don't like and attributed this element to be the reason why Thailand has a bad rep.

Maybe you should do more research into the area, or better yet actually visit the country yourself to be able to offer us at least some honest information based on truth and logic rather than the dishonest rant you've provided us with here.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

The Wily Fox wrote:
January 4th, 2024, 2:24 am
Yohan wrote:

Thailand is actually a country with stable economic growth. That isn't solely owing to sex tourism. But even if people went to Thailand to sleep with prostitutes or even ladyboy prostitutes, why does that bother you so much? I'm guessing that you're the type of crybaby who wants everything to be solely your way? That would explain why you make erroneous assumptions without a modicum of thought being applied to the nonsense you're posting.

Thailand is a beautiful country with many things attracting tourists from around the world for many reasons. Yes, there are ladyboys and some people may be tempted to visit them during their trip, but let's be honest here: nobody in their right mind is travelling to Thailand just to have sex with ladyboy prostitutes. You've taken one element of Thailand that you personally don't like and attributed this element to be the reason why Thailand has a bad rep.

Maybe you should do more research into the area, or better yet actually visit the country yourself to be able to offer us at least some honest information based on truth and logic rather than the dishonest rant you've provided us with here.
For a so called Satanist you spend a lot of time trying to talk shit to everybody on here. You should mind your own f***ing business. Your kind are a bunch of pussies, preying on kids and shit with your so called f***ed up religion. You all even want to promote that shit in elementary schools to them just like the LBGTQ crowd who targets them. Your kind saw how effective it was when the LBGTQ community was targetting kids and teens now you Satanist want a piece of the mind f**k action by promoting your crappy beliefs to Children.

You pathetic assholes are so ridiculous you had a statue with a goat demon with two children standing in front of it as a means to troll Christians with your dogshit childish religion.
And all you can do is come around here running off at the mouth at every post you see. You only been here like what, a few days? And already you want to start something. Sorry ass tourist.
Every post on here I see you talking trash to someone especially if they call out Satanism you go on the defensive to try to prove how wrong they are about it. Your beliefs is a bunch of garbage like all the other phony ass religious beliefs parading around as "good". I don't know who's worse the Christians and their Jew worship, or you dick face Satanist and your "Our belief isn't evil" nonsense when you literately have a goat transsexual demon as your little faggotty mascot. Every day you're trying to convince people on here how great Satanism is like anybody here truly gives a f**k about you attention starving assholes
with your upside downcrosses, pentagrams, I bet you f**k animals too while claiming you're just following your desires. Stay the hell out of my conversations unless I'm speaking to you directly, TOURIST.
The Wily Fox
Freshman Poster

Post by The Wily Fox »

January 4th, 2024, 6:24 am
The Wily Fox wrote:
Yohan wrote:

For a so called Satanist you spend a lot of time trying to talk shit to everybody on here. You should mind your own f***ing business. Your kind are a bunch of pussies, preying on kids and shit with your so called f***ed up religion. You all even want to promote that shit in elementary schools to them just like the LBGTQ crowd who targets them. Your kind saw how effective it was when the LBGTQ community was targetting kids and teens now you Satanist want a piece of the mind f**k action by promoting your crappy beliefs to Children.

You pathetic assholes are so ridiculous you had a statue with a goat demon with two children standing in front of it as a means to troll Christians with your dogshit childish religion.
And all you can do is come around here running off at the mouth at every post you see. You only been here like what, a few days? And already you want to start something. Sorry ass tourist.
Every post on here I see you talking trash to someone especially if they call out Satanism you go on the defensive to try to prove how wrong they are about it. Your beliefs is a bunch of garbage like all the other phony ass religious beliefs parading around as "good". I don't know who's worse the Christians and their Jew worship, or you dick face Satanist and your "Our belief isn't evil" nonsense when you literately have a goat transsexual demon as your little faggotty mascot. Every day you're trying to convince people on here how great Satanism is like anybody here truly gives a f**k about you attention starving assholes
with your upside downcrosses, pentagrams, I bet you f**k animals too while claiming you're just following your desires. Stay the hell out of my conversations unless I'm speaking to you directly, TOURIST.
I can post anywhere I like. I don't have to answer to you. I think you've demonstrated exactly how little you know about the subject matter, which is ladyboys in Thailand, through your childish ad hominem attacks. You weren't able to refute any of my points at all but instead went off on yet another rant which is laced with your personal opinions rather than facts.

I'm sure there are rules on this forum against libelous material accusing other members of f***ing animals. We ARE animals, but I personally like to keep it in the species. As for the libel, there's no need to worry. I don't want any action taken against you. Your stupidity is unfortunate, but I don't think you should be penalised for having a lack of knowledge in everything you talk about.

I have made several posts on the subject of Satanism, if you wish to try and counter them with some better philosophy then you are welcome to try. I do derive a modicum of pleasure from ridiculing those who seem to think they have knowledge on the subject when they clearly don't. So I invite you to try. Consider it a challenge if you like.

As for your childish and emotion fuelled outburst I have a couple of points I'd like to rectify. I haven't been trash talking anyone. I certainly haven't accused anyone else of beastiality. That was all you. All I've done is correct others on their misguided conceptions of Anton LaVey's philosophical works. I'd say the only person I've talked trash to is that moronic imbecile Rocco or Roccia or whatever his name is. Trolls should be fair game :)

Anyway, all I did was challenge your knowledge on Thailand and the sex tourism you were crying about. If having your viewpoint challenged really upsets you to this degree then it sets the precedent that you really cannot be spoken to at all. Might I suggest buying some sanitary products? I think it might be your time of the month.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

@The Wily Fox
TOURIST! I'm not going to verbal sling back and forth with some random nobody claiming to be a "Satanist"
because it's the only way you can draw attention to yourself.
Go beat off to your transsexual goat demon GOD with it's chin hair.
Just pretend it's riling you hard and dry up the ass.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

The Wily Fox wrote:
Yohan wrote:

My brother in Christ, you are unhinged. Chill out, he made some good points. Thailand is a pretty great place, and if all you see there is ladyboys well... That's a you problem
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

HouseMD wrote:
January 6th, 2024, 5:03 am
The Wily Fox wrote:
Yohan wrote:

My brother in Christ, you are unhinged. Chill out, he made some good points. Thailand is a pretty great place, and if all you see there is ladyboys well... That's a you problem
Shut up an f**k off. You're responding to a post I made days ago, I don't give a f**k about faggot ass Thailand or any other overrated ass Asian country people flock to just for easy ass thta you dumbfucks are overly obsessed with.