What societies are like America in the 50s?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
rudder
Junior Poster

What societies are like America in the 50s?

Post by rudder »

I ended up in Georgetown, KY today at an abandoned parking lot to a market. Just behind the market is an “outlet mall” where half the shops are closed. The mall directory has a sign for a non-existent sears, Rue 21, and a handful of other stores that can’t be found. I was walking around looking for the public restrooms that were also listed on this directory. Those turned out to be non-existent too, so I went to use the toilet at the movie theater, The doors to the stalls couldn’t even lock properly and the toilet wobbled precariously when I sat on it. Everything around here looks dilapidated, like the sort of place you might find a heroine junkie sprawled out in the bushes.

I travel this country a lot, and it seems like it’s run down in lots of places. This has me wondering.

In the fifties this society was on the up and up, population was still small, people were educated and well-mannered, and clean cut. Society was clean, and morality even existed. The economy was rocking and the future bright.

Is it possible to even find such a place on the planet today?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What societies are like America in the 50s?

Post by Cornfed »

Parts of coastal China maybe. The problem is that degeneracy seems to follow hot on the heels of prosperity these days. If did in the 50s too, which after all caused people to abandon their traditional ethnic and extended family loyalties and produced the worst human beings in the history of the world who went on to unleash the feminists and lesser races upon everyone. However there was about a decade time delay before the worst of degeneracy set in. Now the degeneracy is immediate.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Only half the stores closed down? That's a relatively vibrant ghost mall for the U.S.

Aspirationally, Russia is like the U.S. in the '50s. They are pursuing economic vitality, and have taken steps to protect from (((predators))) the moral fabric out of which such vitality emerges. I haven't been there, so I can't judge to what degree they are succeeding, but keep in mind it's been less than 20 years since the country was all but destroyed by said (((predators))).

But just on the issue you raise about economic vitality that's visible on the surface, you'll find a world of difference in the countries that were behind the "iron curtain." Where I'm from, Tucson, Arizona, the malls would be ghost malls were it not for people coming up from Mexico. In places like Romania and Poland, where the average income is supposed to be about a quarter of what it is in Tucson, the malls are hopping all the time. The moral fabric hasn't been completely torn apart by globohomo yet in such countries, though having just spent a couple months in Poland I was alarmed to see one person after another carrying rainbow handbags, which I guess is supposed to show globohomo allegiance. This in the most religious country in Europe.

Right now I'm in the UK. What a hellhole! Central Manchester looks like a third world country. You'll see more men holding hands than heterosexual couples. Any remnants of anglo females have surrendered to obesity, painted their bodies with tattoos and their hair purple or green. But apparent economic activity remains. They all flood the marketplace, the high streets, between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., though one wonders how much purchasing is going on, since these people apparently don't have 9 to 5 jobs.

Maybe worth mentioning: I once did a research project that involved looking at news magazines of the U.S. from 1956. They had more than twice as many pages back then, and vastly more coverage of the world and real news than now. Another striking difference was apparent in reading the ads. You could see what an industrial giant the U.S. was back then, and this home grown industry was essential in creating the jobs that allowed the U.S. to have a prosperous middle class. If Trump is successful in repatriating some significant portion of this industrial base, the country might start to come alive again.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Difficult question to address without know specifically to which aspects of the 1950's you are referring. Personally, I think there is no country in the world that comes even close since mass media and global intercommunication is so vast.

Perhaps North Korea, or isolated, rural, former Soviet villages in South Ossetia, Abkhazia, Vladivostok, Artsakh, and Donetsk? These war weary and politically isolated regions are dirt poor, lacking in modern basics, and extremely old-fashioned out of necessity.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

rudder wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 4:43 pm
I ended up in Georgetown, KY today at an abandoned parking lot to a market...

I was walking around looking for the public restrooms that were also listed on this directory. Those turned out to be non-existent too...

Everything around here looks dilapidated, like the sort of place you might find a heroine junkie sprawled out in the bushes.
Here in Japan you will find almost everywhere a public clean restroom, usually with a fully automatic washlet, open day and night. You can also use - for free - restrooms in many convenience stores, open 24h. No need to buy anything, just enter the shop anytime and go straight to the restroom.

For sure I can say, Japanese society is much cleaner and safer regarding public areas compared to USA.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

gsjackson wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Right now I'm in the UK. What a hellhole! Central Manchester looks like a third world country. You'll see more men holding hands than heterosexual couples. Any remnants of anglo females have surrendered to obesity, painted their bodies with tattoos and their hair purple or green.
Manchester UK is known as a terrible place, but in general no need really to visit UK at all. Better still in Continental Europe, but also there are now big problems almost everywhere. To leave Europe for Asia was maybe the best decision I made in my life.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Yohan wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 9:11 am
gsjackson wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 11:21 pm

Right now I'm in the UK. What a hellhole! Central Manchester looks like a third world country. You'll see more men holding hands than heterosexual couples. Any remnants of anglo females have surrendered to obesity, painted their bodies with tattoos and their hair purple or green.
Manchester UK is known as a terrible place, but in general no need really to visit UK at all. Better still in Continental Europe, but also there are now big problems almost everywhere. To leave Europe for Asia was maybe the best decision I made in my life.
As a Brit myself, I can second this. I haven't been back in some time, but from what I see and hear, the UK is done. This isn't news to anyone with a brain.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

My family who has been to Japan really liked it and the people.....
Time to Hide!