I have 10 questions I hope you will answer

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Light
Freshman Poster

I have 10 questions I hope you will answer

Post by Light »

I have 10 questions I have been wondering about. I am curious to know what you will answer. We might not have any active members age 35 and younger. Before you answer, can you identify your generation as Boomer, X, Y or Millennial, and Generation Z. I think Generation Z is the latest generation.

1. If you were going to be a poor or working class person, what country would you choose? Would it be America or somewhere else?
working class is a step above poor but not middle class.

2. Regarding the United States of America: Do you see socioeconomic inequality, the income disparity between the top 1% and 10% when compared to the bottom 80% and more so the bottom 50% being reduced? Or do you see the income disparity and socioeconomic inequality increasing to greater extremes than it is now?

3. Do you think the government dysfunction and extreme polarization in politics in the United States will end or will it continue and grow worse?

4. Is the system in the United States designed to make people fail rather than succeed? More so, is the system in the United States designed to make people debt slaves for life? Exploited by corporations and government?

5. Do you think the dollar will fail in the next ten years or at the minimum see a great reduction in buying power abroad?

6. Do you think the Federal Reserve will keep bailing out industries and the economy with each new crisis and crash until it becomes mathematically impossible or an external event outside the control of monetary policy makes it impossible? Do you think the Federal Reserve's actions will devalue the buying power of the dollar abroad?

7. Why does America have the least amount of jobs that pay wages or income so a single ordinary person can live alone with a little leftover for savings? There are homeless people in California with jobs but they pay too little for them to even rent a property and those homeless live in their car if they have one. This is becoming more common. More homeless and poor people with each new crisis.

8. Do you think the two political parties in the United States will stop distracting people with identity politics, social issues, and other insignificant issues and solve real problems like poverty, homelessness, the income disparity and wealth gap, expensive drug prices, and make a national healthcare system so everyone can get affordable healthcare?

9. Do you think that rent and residential home prices in the United States will return to historically reasonable levels? In many countries abroad, many have affordable homes relative to the incomes of the locals. Capital cities whether a political capital city, technological capital city, or a financial capital city will always have higher prices than other places because that's where many of the highest earning jobs are but even then in the outer parts of the city the people should be able to find a place to rent or buy that is reasonable and commute to the inner area where all the jobs are.

10. When comparing America on nominal average income earned it seems like Americans earn the most than most other nations. But in reality many Americans cannot save. This was common knowledge but now the coronavirus really exposed it for everyone to see. 31% of renters in the United States defaulted on their rent payments for April. How can America be called a wealthy nation when most people have jobs at the bottom of the barrel like low paying retail, working in fast food, are a waiter or waitress at average restaurants rely mainly on tips, or the gig economy where people do gigs and odd jobs. Just an example. But how and why are most Americans considered wealthy and better off than most other nations?