Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Poll ended at April 18th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Yes
40%
Undecided
12%
No
48%

Total votes: 42
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Would you get the Covid-19 Vaccine once one becomes available?

Some people might be concerned about vaccine safety. Some people might be concerned about the possible conspiracy theories. Some people might also be curious about the effectiveness of the vaccine if that information isn't made available.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Post by Yohan »

I am voting for 'undecided'. It will take likely years until a vaccine is available for commercial use to everybody, and at that time the corona virus might be already gone...
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

The obvious answer is no. For the most part, with flues, a person who is elderly or who already has certain types of pre-existing medical conditions are the ones who need to be concerned. I am not concerned the least bit about colds or flues.

In any case, viruses, when they are real, are even said to mutate and develop new strains every year. The vaccine for this year's flu was developed last year. Yet this year's flu is probably a different strain. The whole idea is basically absurd for this reason alone.

My real concern is whether those who have power will seek to force vaccines on humanity.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't there something in the Constitution that allows you the right to refuse vaccines? Can you use this for instance?

https://www.vfcnevada.org/for-schools/exemption-rules/
Parents who want to exempt their child from one or more required immunizations because of their religious beliefs must provide to the school or child care facility:

A letter or affidavit requesting an exemption that states that the required immunization(s) are contrary to their beliefs.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Yes, if it's cheap and effective. I sometimes get flu vaccines, sometimes not. Flu vaccine barely passes the effective criterion. There has never been a vaccine for common cold, which is a different type of corona virus. Corona viruses mutate even more rapidly than flu, so vaccine for covid-19 likely to be less effective than flu shots.

Note those who don't get vaccines for flu or covid-19, or who get an ineffective vaccine, will eventually get the real thing, and the real thing is always more dangerous than the vaccine, since a vaccine is just a weakened form of the real thing.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Not exactly shemp. Healthy people have dropped dead from vaccines before. If they put mercury in the vaccines and they cause cancer then thats far worse than a flu or cold. Flus help strengthen your immune system. Sterile environments dont strengthen your immune system. So they can be good for you like exercise. You should do more research. There are doctors who claim that no one ever got cancer who was not vaccinated. That should raise an eyebrow.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yes! Just as I get a yearly Flu shot, I would also get yearly Coronavirus shots to account for the evolving strains in the virus.

Flu shots don't guarantee that you will not get a strain that the vaccine does not cover, but it DOES mean that you will have a milder form of the flu you do get.

Coronovirus shots would have to change year to year and I would definitely get it with all the international traveling that I do. If I contracted a new strain, it would likely result in the sniffles, a few days in bed, and a short recovery period. That same strain might have me hospitalized or worse if I did not get vaccinated.

Why anyone would refuse to have antibodies built up in his system is beyond me. Perhaps cost is a factor, but sign me up among the first to receive that vaccine.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It seems silly to risk taking a vaccine for a version of the common cold that is asymptomatic half the time.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I’m not sure whether it is happening now, but at some point the bad guys are likely to weaponise the use of vaccines. They have probably used their surveillance network to sort people into different categories - those they want to die quickly, those they want to die slowly and expensively, those they want to live but be sterilised etc.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

The doc is here to explain anti-vax to "the rest of us".

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 9:06 pm
I’m not sure whether it is happening now, but at some point the bad guys are likely to weaponise the use of vaccines. They have probably used their surveillance network to sort people into different categories - those they want to die quickly, those they want to die slowly and expensively, those they want to live but be sterilised etc.
How would they divide people like that? I mean how would the doctors and nurses adminstering the vaccine be told which one to give who? And wouldn't that look too suspicious and obvious? They would blow the whistle or ask questions about why different vaccines are assigned to specific people for no reason. You gotta think man and use basic logic.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 11:34 pm
Cornfed wrote:
April 25th, 2020, 9:06 pm
How would they divide people like that? I mean how would the doctors and nurses adminstering the vaccine be told which one to give who? And wouldn't that look too suspicious and obvious? They would blow the whistle or ask questions about why different vaccines are assigned to specific people for no reason. You gotta think man and use basic logic.
Your data from your phone, social media posts, tax records etc. would be put through an algorithm that would be used to divide you into the appropriate category. This information would be stored on a database and accessed when whoever was giving the vaccine looked at your medical records and under the guise of giving you the type of vaccine most suited to your physiology would instruct them on which colour coded vaccine type to administer. Doctors and nurses would mindlessly assume this made sense and go along with it as they do with everything else.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 9:42 pm
Isn't there something in the Constitution that allows you the right to refuse vaccines? Can you use this for instance?

Parents who want to exempt their child from one or more required immunizations because of their religious beliefs must provide to the school or child care facility:

A letter or affidavit requesting an exemption that states that the required immunization(s) are contrary to their beliefs.
My own opinion -- and I like to think I know something about constitutional law, having studied it in four different academic programs and written about it numerous times in newspapers and magazines -- is that these personal health decisions should fall under the right to privacy doctrine. The doctrine is defined by case law as extending to matters that are intimate and personal, and what is more intimate and personal than your health?

So I believe that, given the existence of the court-defined right to privacy, it should be extended not just to decisions such as whether to obey mandatory vaccine laws, but also to the (now discarded) mandate portion of Obamacare, which forced people into insurance plans that dictated what type of health care they could choose. Yet none of the arguments I saw challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare dealt with the right to privacy. Which is surprising, because it seems like the obvious first line of argument to me.

But to answer your question: No, there is nothing forthright in the Constitution about it. And on the original question of getting the vaccine: They'd have to hunt me down in the wild and strap me to a gurney.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

gsjackson wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 1:29 pm
Winston wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 9:42 pm

My own opinion -- and I like to think I know something about constitutional law, having studied it in four different academic programs and written about it numerous times in newspapers and magazines -- is that these personal health decisions should fall under the right to privacy doctrine. The doctrine is defined by case law as extending to matters that are intimate and personal, and what is more intimate and personal than your health?

So I believe that, given the existence of the court-defined right to privacy, it should be extended not just to decisions such as whether to obey mandatory vaccine laws, but also to the (now discarded) mandate portion of Obamacare, which forced people into insurance plans that dictated what type of health care they could choose. Yet none of the arguments I saw challenging the constitutionality of Obamacare dealt with the right to privacy. Which is surprising, because it seems like the obvious first line of argument to me.

But to answer your question: No, there is nothing forthright in the Constitution about it. And on the original question of getting the vaccine: They'd have to hunt me down in the wild and strap me to a gurney.
Well, the Supreme Court has often ruled that fundamental rights in the Constitution CAN be abridged, limited, or curtailed if certain conditions are met:

-That the government articulates compelling state interests in curtailing the rights
and
-The curtailments are narrowly tailored to meet those compelling state interests.

In my view, this does not mean forcing people to take shots (unless one is in the military or prison). But, it can mean preventing access to schools or other physical access to preserve public safety.

99.9% of idiots will be free to refuse the vaccine and die off as a Darwinian consequence. But the smart people will take it as a normal part of their preventative health care.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
April 26th, 2020, 1:56 pm
99.9% of idiots will be free to refuse the vaccine and die off as a Darwinian consequence.
Most people aren't going to die as the result of catching a cold, but they might die due to the depopulation agenda.