Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Poll ended at April 18th, 2021, 7:14 pm

Yes
40%
Undecided
12%
No
48%

Total votes: 42
HappyGuy

Re: Would You Get the Covid-19 Vaccine?

Post by HappyGuy »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Israel enters the era of vaccine passports

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ports.html

Full article click on the link above
Israelis are being asked for evidence of vaccinations status before being allowed into busy locations such as bars, shopping centres and theatres.
Only those with a 'green passport' are permitted to enter certain locations as the country tries to reopen following the Covid-19 pandemic.
People who have received the required two vaccinations receive the green passport which allows them greater freedom.

Anyone who refuses to get vaccinated will be prohibited from attending such events. People who have recovered from Covid-19 and can prove they have virus antibodies in their system are also entitled to a green passport.

Anyone unwilling or unable to get the jabs that confer immunity will be 'left behind,' said Health Minister Yuli Edelstein.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:06 pm
Israel enters the era of vaccine passports

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ports.html

Full article click on the link above
Israelis are being asked for evidence of vaccinations status before being allowed into busy locations such as bars, shopping centres and theatres.
Only those with a 'green passport' are permitted to enter certain locations as the country tries to reopen following the Covid-19 pandemic.
People who have received the required two vaccinations receive the green passport which allows them greater freedom.

Anyone who refuses to get vaccinated will be prohibited from attending such events. People who have recovered from Covid-19 and can prove they have virus antibodies in their system are also entitled to a green passport.

Anyone unwilling or unable to get the jabs that confer immunity will be 'left behind,' said Health Minister Yuli Edelstein.
This was always going to happen, once people have been vaccinated, anyone who refuses won't even be able to board a train or book a hotel room. Their little world will close in big time.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:18 pm
This was always going to happen, once people have been vaccinated, anyone who refuses won't even be able to board a train or book a hotel room. Their little world will close in big time.
I am not so sure about domestic restrictions, but for international travels in future I expect corona-related restrictions on arrival in a foreign country - no vaccination, go to quarantine for 14 days paid out of your wallet or if you refuse, forced to board the next plane going back from where you come from.

International airliners do not like that kind of regulation as they even might be fined if they allow such a passenger boarding their airplanes and they might be forced to bring this passenger back to the departure point for free if he has no return ticket.

Solution therefore: No vaccination = no boarding pass for any international airliner.

------------------

In Thailand, South Korea and Japan vaccination is now beginning.

Here in Japan the first person who received the shot was the director of the Tokyo Medical Center (more than 800 employees) followed by a group of 8 senior members of the hospital staff - live broadcast - in front of the cameras of TV-stations.

During February/March only medical and elderly care related professionals will be vaccinated nationwide. Regular vaccinations for ordinary citizens will start in April.

All staff vaccinated in the Tokyo Medical Center have to fill in a form for at least one week to record any side effects they notice and also have to take and write down their temperature twice a day. So far there are no complaints.

However vaccination in Japan is not considered to be really urgent, as infections declined strongly in all Japan (down from 135 % to 25 %), at this moment there are only about 15.011 patients (out of a population of 126 million people) and there are 59.810 covid-19 reserved hospital beds available. This means about 4 designated hospital beds for 1 patient. Deaths confirmed totally since February 2020 = 7761 - far less than in many countries in Europe and in North and South America.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 5:06 am
yick wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:18 pm
I am not so sure about domestic restrictions, but for international travels in future I expect corona-related restrictions on arrival in a foreign country - no vaccination, go to quarantine for 14 days paid out of your wallet or if you refuse, forced to board the next plane going back from where you come from.

International airliners do not like that kind of regulation as they even might be fined if they allow such a passenger boarding their airplanes and they might be forced to bring this passenger back to the departure point for free if he has no return ticket.

Solution therefore: No vaccination = no boarding pass for any international airliner.

------------------

In Thailand, South Korea and Japan vaccination is now beginning.

Here in Japan the first person who received the shot was the director of the Tokyo Medical Center (more than 800 employees) followed by a group of 8 senior members of the hospital staff - live broadcast - in front of the cameras of TV-stations.

During February/March only medical and elderly care related professionals will be vaccinated nationwide. Regular vaccinations for ordinary citizens will start in April.

All staff vaccinated in the Tokyo Medical Center have to fill in a form for at least one week to record any side effects they notice and also have to take and write down their temperature twice a day. So far there are no complaints.

However vaccination in Japan is not considered to be really urgent, as infections declined strongly in all Japan (down from 135 % to 25 %), at this moment there are only about 15.011 patients (out of a population of 126 million people) and there are 59.810 covid-19 reserved hospital beds available. This means about 4 designated hospital beds for 1 patient. Deaths confirmed totally since February 2020 = 7761 - far less than in many countries in Europe and in North and South America.
As is happening in New Zealand, they're going to have to implement domestic restrictions on people who refuse to take the vaccine otherwise it will continue to live on. No country are going to want foreigners who haven't been vaccinated to enter their country, not when the roll out is in full force and there are plenty of vaccines to go around.

It takes one or two infected people to get the infection rate up, the governments of the world are going to have to stamp down hard on people who refuse to take the vaccine if we want things to get back to normal and we can go back to doing what we were doing before. There have still been people who haven't done a day of lockdown and flaunted the rules in their own selfish way, wait until they want to go on their holiday abroad and see how far their unhelpful attitude gets them. :D
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 8:53 pm
As is happening in New Zealand, they're going to have to implement domestic restrictions on people who refuse to take the vaccine otherwise it will continue to live on. No country are going to want foreigners who haven't been vaccinated to enter their country, not when the roll out is in full force and there are plenty of vaccines to go around.

It takes one or two infected people to get the infection rate up, the governments of the world are going to have to stamp down hard on people who refuse to take the vaccine if we want things to get back to normal and we can go back to doing what we were doing before.
But if the vaccines work then why should those vaccinated care about whether other people take them or not? The vaccinated people will be immune, so they should be smugly content that the rest of us risk getting the covaids and suffer a shocking 0.01% chance of dying from it. What is the problem?

I would be smugly content in you getting the jab and suffering the appropriate consequences, but you insist on draggling down others with you, so I hope you really suffer.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 9:06 pm
yick wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 8:53 pm

It takes one or two infected people to get the infection rate up, the governments of the world are going to have to stamp down hard on people who refuse to take the vaccine if we want things to get back to normal and we can go back to doing what we were doing before.
But if the vaccines work then why should those vaccinated care about whether other people take them or not? The vaccinated people will be immune, so they should be smugly content that the rest of us risk getting the covaids and suffer a shocking 0.01% chance of dying from it. What is the problem?

I would be smugly content in you getting the jab and suffering the appropriate consequences, but you insist on draggling down others with you, so I hope you really suffer.
Oh do you now, how about you coming and making me suffer via your own hands so I can happily break your jaw :D
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 9:58 pm
Oh do you now, how about you coming and making me suffer via your own hands so I can happily break your jaw :D
Pay my airfare and I'm there.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 10:05 pm
yick wrote:
Yes, you are a bum who can't afford airfare.

Breaking your jaw isn't good value for money (which, no doubt you would cash in the ticket to spend on meth), you bum.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 10:35 pm
Cornfed wrote:
yick wrote:

Breaking your jaw isn't good value for money, you bum.
I of course could afford airfare, but I just don't want to waste it on you, since you are already going to get the jab and have Bell's Palsy, various neurological disorders, further impaired cognitive functions and be generally turned into even more of a literal zombie like you deserve, so me paying money just to beat you up would be a waste.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 10:40 pm
yick wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 10:35 pm
Cornfed wrote:
yick wrote:

Breaking your jaw isn't good value for money, you bum.
I of course could afford airfare, but I just don't want to waste it on you, since you are already going to get the jab and have Bell's Palsy, various neurological disorders, further impaired cognitive functions and be generally turned into even more of a literal zombie like you deserve, so me paying money just to beat you up would be a waste.
Beat me up? You couldn't beat yourself up you midget.

Do you honestly think that going around saying the kind of things you say in anonmity on this site is replicated in real life? Course it isn't because you would have a head shaped like a rectangle because your jaw would be broken many many times.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 10:40 pm
I of course could afford airfare...
Many anti-vaxxers will say I can afford airfare, but this is not enough, as the country of destination will add a considerable amount on your airfare as immigration will refuse you to enter and send you 14 days at your cost into quarantine, unable to leave even your hotelroom.

It's not really about the airline, it is about the immigration office on arrival. No vaccination proof and you are going into quarantine or are sent back home.

Many Asian countries will do it that way. Likely also Australia and New Zealand consider this option, as it is difficult to control the movement of locals, especially if the country has a huge population.

However it is easy to refuse any international traveller from a foreign country to enter if no proof of vaccination is shown to the immigration officer.
Expect a total bill for refusing vaccination of at least USD 3000,- and expect much more if you really get sick of covid-19 during quarantine and sent to a hospital abroad.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Cornfed wrote:
This thread proves my point that instead of trying to enlighten these people, we should just encourage them to die as soon as possible.

yick, have you gotten the vaccine yet? If not, what are you waiting for?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

fschmidt wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 1:29 pm
Cornfed wrote:
This thread proves my point that instead of trying to enlighten these people, we should just encourage them to die as soon as possible.

Hello gobshite,

Getting it tomorrow morning! :D
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
March 4th, 2021, 9:36 pm
fschmidt wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 1:29 pm
Cornfed wrote:

Hello gobshite,

Getting it tomorrow morning! :D
Excellent, thank you. I hope you would be so good as to report the results for gloating purposes. This may seem like an unreasonable request, but other people who have done life-ruining things against advice have done so, so hopefully you could be so kind as to do so too.